Overwatch

Soldato
God damn I forgot how toxic Overwatch players are. I've been playing Titanfall 2 and just came back to do ranking for season 3... Holy crap, it feels like every single game there's someone telling the entire team how to play and raging when they don't follow his/her every instruction. Even had someone start complaining after we'd won! It's nuts. People take this game wayyy too seriously for some reason

Yes the toxic chat is insane on this game, yesterday was especially toxic for me I ended up taking someone's advice from this thread and turning voice off completely.

Before the match had even started yesterday I had people shouting and swearing at me in spawn room because I picked symmetra, I dont mind people asking me to change if it isn't working out but to start shouting and swearing before the game has even started is just crazy and sadly this wasn't just one game yesterday it was nearly every game.

Someone said to me the other day it's because a lot of the player come from league of legends I don't know how true that is but apparently that game is just all about shouting at your team mates and a lot of it has spilled over.

Anyway turning voice chat off completely has solved that I may turn it back on at some point but for now them voices are silenced :p

Associate
Im enjoying toxic players. I dont know many people with mental health issues so witnessing kids loosing it because of moving pixels is fascinating. When Im not in a mood i mute everybody and play as best as I can. Love this game:)

Soldato
Someone said to me the other day it's because a lot of the player come from league of legends I don't know how true that is but apparently that game is just all about shouting at your team mates and a lot of it has spilled over.

I'm not sure players directly switching from LoL to this is the problem, it's just the problem that you get in most competitive games where the impact of one team-member is high...

In a team of only 6 one person playing very badly *can* have a hugely negative effect on the team's chances as a whole, which leads to the toxic attitudes... See also: LoL, Dota2, Rocket League, L4D2, etc.

You don't see it so much in say, TF2 or Battlefield because when each team can have 10+ or even 20+ players the game is much more spread out, with a bigger emphasis on smaller battles within the game as a whole and it's harder to point at one player and say "you're the weak link"

Associate
You don't see it so much in say, TF2 or Battlefield because when each team can have 10+ or even 20+ players the game is much more spread out, with a bigger emphasis on smaller battles within the game as a whole and it's harder to point at one player and say "you're the weak link"

I haven't played much of the new Battlefield, but TF2 is a very similar game to Overwatch in my opinion. Two of the biggest game modes (Amped Hardpoint and Bountyhunt) are 6v6 and 5v5 and your team plays a big role in you winning the round or not.

The issue with Overwatch is probably the competitive ranking. For some reason people get in their heads it's incredibly important to win every game, as though they're betting real money or their livelyhood depends on it. They also tend to think they're never the problem and better than everyone else. It's quite odd

Soldato
Shame to say it but I think this game has run it's course for me now.......

It's plain and simple - you get a team that communicates - you generally win. You get 5 other mutes, you lose.

Previous game, I'm the only one talking, the opponent Mcree spent the whole game getting behind us with Ulti etc - taking out 3 or 4 at a time......trying to tell the whole team about it, no one communicating - easy loss again.

If there was an option at least to lobby/team up with people who had mics/or wanted to communicate that would help a lot. It's just a total loss without any comms.

Soldato
I ended up taking someone's advice from this thread and turning voice off completely.

You get 5 other mutes, you lose.

And this is the problem. I was playing the other day with none of my 5 team mates on voice chat. Even if you don't have a mic, have it set so you can hear others.

I think I was playing Ana and spent most of the game talking to myself. I think I put in chat, why should I bother trying if no-one can be bothered to listen to whats going on? Still no reaction from anyone.

I wanted to let others know they would be getting a boost etc. I wanted to tell them, throw their ult, I'll add mine.

It did almost make we want to just go and sit in spawn and wait for the game to end. Of course we lost.

Stick to Quick Play or Arcade if you can't be bothered to even try and play as a team...

Soldato
And this is the problem. I was playing the other day with none of my 5 team mates on voice chat. Even if you don't have a mic, have it set so you can hear others.

I think I was playing Ana and spent most of the game talking to myself. I think I put in chat, why should I bother trying if no-one can be bothered to listen to whats going on? Still no reaction from anyone.

I wanted to let others know they would be getting a boost etc. I wanted to tell them, throw their ult, I'll add mine.

It did almost make we want to just go and sit in spawn and wait for the game to end. Of course we lost.

Stick to Quick Play or Arcade if you can't be bothered to even try and play as a team...

Whilst I understand not everyone has comms or wants to speak, even if 3 or 4 are it's so much better.

One cracking game last night - everyone in the team communicated/switched up characters where needed, 3-2 win in the end. Everyone had massive kills/healing etc - two great teams in a very close match. Communication - simple......

(71 solider kills and 38k damage for me). Congratulated both teams as it was a great match.

Associate
imginy;30458874 said:
When road hog is about just simply save your bubbles until roadhog uses his hook on you or your team mate this would make his hook useless.

That's what I do with sym when hogs about ;)

They are increasing c/d on PTR for the hook to 8 seconds, along with a few other changes to him... Blizzard seeing sense finally it seems :)

Soldato
What's this new thing of XP farming? I play quite a bit of 3 on 3 and more often people are asking me to play for a draw. Something about 2,000 XP per draw. I tend to play on and report them mind you...

It is funny when you sometimes still win 3 on 1...

Permabanned
Haven't played for months now... been hooked on Titanfall 2 since it's release. Really need to jump back on and see what's new. Haven't even played with Sombra yet!

Soldato
I've gone from 2500 to 1600, Jesus it really is dire solo queing at this rank.

Any regular players around 2500 give me a shout I'm around most evenings and sometimes play in a 3 man but would be good to get a 6 man going.

Associate
I've gone from 2500 to 1600, Jesus it really is dire solo queing at this rank.

Any regular players around 2500 give me a shout I'm around most evenings and sometimes play in a 3 man but would be good to get a 6 man going.

I no your pain, went from 2300 to 1400 and now on the grind back up, currently at ~1600-1700. Progress has been slow as I've only really been playing comp at weekends.

Associate
I am hovering around 2100 at the moment, But I only play until I lose and I call it a night seems to work well :) So most nights I only play 1 game lol.

Soldato
Again 4 games this morning - great comms, all 6 players switching up as needed.......simple games, good solid wins and a pleasure to play.

It's all about communication - it's easy to rank up with good communication.

I haz 4090!
Don
I've loved this game since it came out but I'm still getting to grips with a lot of the chars. Anyone fancy getting a group together and doing some unranked to see if we can get a half decent team going? I need to learn a lot of the map layout properly (where to look, how to exploit things etc) and what classes counter other ones and make up a good team depending on who you're facing. I'd prefer doing it with people from here in a decent group rather than randoms.

Soldato
I think it may be a good idea to get an unofficial ocuk team going. As you mention booyaka, when comms exist you win. I keep spending several hours to only return to the SR that I started with at the beginning! Very frustrating.

How could we do it? Team that is.

Soldato
I think it may be a good idea to get an unofficial ocuk team going. As you mention booyaka, when comms exist you win. I keep spending several hours to only return to the SR that I started with at the beginning! Very frustrating.

How could we do it? Team that is.

Make (or join if there is one) an OcUK Discord server.

If you haven't downloaded Discord yet you definitely should. It's vastly superior to Skype/Mumble/TS.

If everyone here joins the same Discord it would be easy to play games together. You can just ping @everyone and anyone online will get a notification.

Associate
Season 3 ending soon

Link: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753177912#1

Hey, everyone.

Season 3 of Competitive Play is coming to an end very soon, so we wanted to lay out a few key dates and important pieces of information regarding the upcoming season roll.

DATE AND TIMES

Season 3 will officially end on Tuesday, February 21 at 4:00 p.m. PST (or Wednesday, February 22 at 00:00 UTC). Season 4 is currently scheduled to launch one week later on Tuesday, February 28 at 4:00 p.m. PST (or Wednesday, March 1 at 00:00 UTC).

For time zone assistance, and to see when the season will roll in your region, visit thetimezoneconverter.com.

SEASON 3 REWARDS

If you completed your placement matches during Season 3, you will eligible to receive a special spray and player icon. These will be unlocked automatically when you log into your account the first time after the season ends. If at any point during the season you managed to break into the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region), you’ll receive an extra player icon and animated spray on top of the other seasonal rewards.

Aside from sprays and icons, you’ll also receive a number of Competitive Points based on the maximum skill rating you achieved during the season.

Here’s the Skill Rating (SR) to Competitive Point (CP) breakdown for Season 3:

SR 1-1499 (Bronze): 100 CP
SR 1500-1999 (Silver): 200 CP
SR 2000-2499 (Gold): 400 CP
SR 2500-2999 (Platinum): 800 CP
SR 3000-3499 (Diamond): 1200 CP
SR 3500-3999 (Master): 2000 CP
SR 4000-5000 (Grandmaster): 3000 CP

STAY TUNED!

Throughout Season 3, we’ve been listening to the community and modifying our plans based on your feedback. We really appreciate hearing your opinions, and can’t thank you enough for taking the time to help us make Overwatch better.

We’re always excited about the future of Competitive Play, and we'll be talking more about Season 4 in the coming weeks. Until then, keep your eyes on playoverwatch.com, as well as our Twitter and Facebook pages for the latest news.

I'm currently around 1600, down from season high of around 2300, considering trying to grind like crazy for the next ~6 day to see if I can reach 2500. Probably not happen unless I get extremely lucky and good win streaks. Something that hasn't happened this season at all.

Back
Top Bottom