Overwatch

Soldato
It really demotivates me when I join a ranked game and only 2 or 3 people are in voice chat. It honestly makes me think I can't be too bothered. They clearly don't care, so why should I. It encourages me to make a selfish pick. If they moan, I reply in voice. If they aren't there, tough.

It never used to be this way. Quite often 5 or 6 people would be there. Didn't always help. Very occasionally was a bad thing, but more often than not, they were the better games.

Soldato
It really demotivates me when I join a ranked game and only 2 or 3 people are in voice chat. It honestly makes me think I can't be too bothered. They clearly don't care, so why should I. It encourages me to make a selfish pick. If they moan, I reply in voice. If they aren't there, tough.

It never used to be this way. Quite often 5 or 6 people would be there. Didn't always help. Very occasionally was a bad thing, but more often than not, they were the better games.

I play much better when I turn off voice chat. I climb best (this is true for League as well) when I'm completely focused on my aim and not being distracted by voice chat. Without any flaming even, 90% of comms are no use to me anyway.

I'm starting to think this is why I climb more when I play solo rather than with a premade too. I'm too focused on listening and calling stuff so my aim suffers.

I haz 4090!
Don

I thought the same to be honest. Can't understand why people would join competitive without being in voice chat. Yes there's the occasional moaner but the majority of people I've come across have been quite good on there and it's helped with grouping the team up and calling out targets etc.

Associate

I actually find this normally happens when there is a 2-3 grouped and they don't switch to the team chat, Blizzard really need to default to team chat and not group one on comp games.

I haz 4090!
Don
There also needs to be some kind of filtering options in the competitive mode. I keep getting matched with people who don't speak English, which makes coordinating a bit of a challenge.

Soldato
Time is running out to fight your way up the rankings—Overwatch Season 3 of Competitive Play ends on February 22.*Log in now to earn those last few Competitive Points and push for your final placement!

Classic Season 3 today......playing on Kings Row.

Defending - reasonable picks but the Mei was very poor and did nothing, but we held them off the final capture so 0-2.

On attack - same guy picks Mei again - someone suggest (politely I might add, that he should pick something else)......I check his profile and he's played a total of......23 mins as Mei in quick play and 8 minutes in the entire season 3 (he's played 60 hours as Rienhardt)

I "politely" asked him to play Rien as we needed a 2nd tank......no was his response. "i'm wanting to learn Mei" - Fine, go play quick play etc etc - don't play comp with a character you've used for 30 mins in 60 hours of play!!!! Safe to say we got close to their point but not close enough and lost.

Soldato
Well looks like I'm ending Season 3 almost exactly where I started (~2700) having been as high as ~2850 and as low as ~2000... Looking back at how things went I feel like there were a lot less games that were total stomps in either direction (which is good)... but on the other hand also had more drawn games than ever before (which isn't always bad, but feels a bit of a waste of time)...

Soldato
Disappointing that I managed to get up to 2400 but couldn't quite get to 2500, I dropped way down after that and have clawed my way back up to 2300 but it looks like that's where I'll end the season.

Soldato
Started at 2000, climbed to 2889 pushing for 3000, fallen away back to 2077.

Worst season yet for me......just seemed to be zero consistency in games with good teams/awful teams/leavers/trolls etc. 71 kills in a game as solider was my highlight of the season probably.

60% win rate with Symmetra but always hate for her.

Always do a decent job as Mercy which always seems to get the love.

Soldato
Anybody seen the "Your Overwatch" video about what they'd like to see for the new season? Have to say I agree (a quick TL;DR):

* Reset SR + MMR each season, for an actual fresh start (they showed that a newer account can climb a lot easier than an account that has been playing since the start, which is silly)
* Take away win/loss streaks (they are a major cause of the inconsistency game-to-game)
* Base more of the SR/MMR gain in matches on wins/losses rather than things like damage which can be misleadiing (e.g. you can get high damage but be feeding enemy ults all game)
* Ability to specify the role you're looking to play when queuing (so "Support", "Tank" or "DPS/Defense" - the matchmaker will then try to steer things to increase the chance of a balanced comp; i.e.hopefully avoiding games where no-one is a good tank or wants to play support)

To that list I feel I would also add:

* Make it so you lose your badge at all ranks when de-ranking below the limit (but still get the reward at the end based on highest place during season)
* Don't reveal players ranks (on either team) until the match is over; like in CS:GO

Soldato
Well I was on a roll last night but then got put on a team with a 4 stack with people using comms, great you might think!

It was going alright but they started abusing a teammate, then one of them picked Bastion on attack on Hanamura and we had the penetration of a wet noodle. Lost 1-0

Then we lost another match, didn't play well myself either, gave up after that, no promotion!

Anybody seen the "Your Overwatch" video about what they'd like to see for the new season? Have to say I agree (a quick TL;DR):

* Reset SR + MMR each season, for an actual fresh start (they showed that a newer account can climb a lot easier than an account that has been playing since the start, which is silly)
* Take away win/loss streaks (they are a major cause of the inconsistency game-to-game)
* Base more of the SR/MMR gain in matches on wins/losses rather than things like damage which can be misleadiing (e.g. you can get high damage but be feeding enemy ults all game)
* Ability to specify the role you're looking to play when queuing (so "Support", "Tank" or "DPS/Defense" - the matchmaker will then try to steer things to increase the chance of a balanced comp; i.e.hopefully avoiding games where no-one is a good tank or wants to play support)

To that list I feel I would also add:

* Make it so you lose your badge at all ranks when de-ranking below the limit (but still get the reward at the end based on highest place during season)
* Don't reveal players ranks (on either team) until the match is over; like in CS:GO

Yes I'd like a total reset, I feel I've improved a lot as a player but previous seasons might pull me down.

Agree with the things you've put really, especially the queue system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom