Overwatch

Soldato
Anyone noticed how many people are ranking down on purpose? It took me a while to catch on to the scam but what happens is normally you get a team of 2 or 3 that pretend they're trying but on attack they never push always stay their side of choke then they get on the mic and blame everyone else.
I know it sounds like just bad players and sometimes it probably is but there is definitely people doing this to rank down.

Soldato
Anyone noticed how many people are ranking down on purpose? It took me a while to catch on to the scam but what happens is normally you get a team of 2 or 3 that pretend they're trying but on attack they never push always stay their side of choke then they get on the mic and blame everyone else.
I know it sounds like just bad players and sometimes it probably is but there is definitely people doing this to rank down.

I don't know if I've ever had them on my team, probably though!

There was a diamond and plat Genji/Soldier respectively on the opposing team the other day quite obviously throwing, I always commiserate the opposing team on things like that, trolls or leavers been there myself too often.

Weekends are by far the worst time to play comp but that's when I get time to play, same as all the trolls, it's much harder to get on a win streak.

I've got a much better idea going into Season 4 about what I'm good at in this game and what I'm not so good at, hoping for a good season but who knows, I thought I'd fixed a lot of issues in my comp game but when on another big losing streak a few weeks ago and not had as much time to climb back up since.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is my first season what actually happens at the end of season? Do I lose all my points and start over with another 10 placement matches?

Associate
This is my first season what actually happens at the end of season? Do I lose all my points and start over with another 10 placement matches?
Pretty much yeah. Though the new placement matches will be once the next season starts. You'll also be awarded the competitive points which can be used to buy the gold weapon skins, I think they cost 3000.

Soldato
Myself and a few friends are around most evenings.

if any one that plays regularly wants to join us your welcome, it would be good to get a regular 6 man team going.

Add me HattoriHanzo

Permabanned
I have started to get back into this seems like most of the overclockers i played with have moved on.

Seem stuck around the 2900 level. Its rare i win more than 2 games in a row, seems the way solo match making is it really trys to encourage you to play in a group or team.

Road hog is really peeing me offh his range on his hook is too large imo and his 1 shot kills on pretty much every class is annoying. I hear he is getting a nerf though.

Last edited:
Soldato
utterly toxic community. Horrible horrible game to play just now.

I always happy to fill roles where needed. Then you get people insta pick solider - they can't play him at all. Teams go with single healer (me) and opponents have a pharah but we have no solider and people moan about not switching when your the only healer.

Hanzo and widow AND ana on attack. (3 snipers in effect)
People still picking Sombra and tracer in the same team on defense etc.

It's just horrible horrible game at the moment - the abuse you take, the lack of communication, the lack of switching is sending this game down the pan for me. It's the lack of switching that drives me nuts.....no countering etc.

Solo que to 2900 at the start of the season, now just about to fall under 2000. Can't win a game for anything as it's just a toxic horrible community.

I would like a regular team to play with as solo que has destroyed this game for me over the last few months.

Associate
Anyone up for some games today? I actually have a day of chilling and be good to try get to 2500 before end of season currently at 2100.

Throw an add Etheco#2934

Soldato
utterly toxic community. Horrible horrible game to play just now.

I always happy to fill roles where needed. Then you get people insta pick solider - they can't play him at all. Teams go with single healer (me) and opponents have a pharah but we have no solider and people moan about not switching when your the only healer.

Hanzo and widow AND ana on attack. (3 snipers in effect)
People still picking Sombra and tracer in the same team on defense etc.

It's just horrible horrible game at the moment - the abuse you take, the lack of communication, the lack of switching is sending this game down the pan for me. It's the lack of switching that drives me nuts.....no countering etc.

Solo que to 2900 at the start of the season, now just about to fall under 2000. Can't win a game for anything as it's just a toxic horrible community.

I would like a regular team to play with as solo que has destroyed this game for me over the last few months.

I've turned off voice and text chat now

There's nothing low skilled random players can communicate to me that will help me win. This game is just like any other fps. Have better aim than the person you're fighting and you win. "Teamwork" is a load of crap in soloq, I've come to realise. Voice and text comms are completely meaningless with randoms. I've always said you have to carry yourself in order to climb, and getting your morale brought down by toxic teammates won't help you do that.

The worst thing is because of no scoreboard, nobody admits they're the problem. The amount of blaming others is ridiculous. Every game that isn't going well just turns into "let me play dps, you can't do it", "someone else player healer, this ana sucks" etc. There is more blaming others than communicating, so I see no reason to keep chat turned on in any form.

Soldato
I've turned off voice and text chat now

There's nothing low skilled random players can communicate to me that will help me win. This game is just like any other fps. Have better aim than the person you're fighting and you win. "Teamwork" is a load of crap in soloq, I've come to realise. Voice and text comms are completely meaningless with randoms. I've always said you have to carry yourself in order to climb, and getting your morale brought down by toxic teammates won't help you do that.

The worst thing is because of no scoreboard, nobody admits they're the problem. The amount of blaming others is ridiculous. Every game that isn't going well just turns into "let me play dps, you can't do it", "someone else player healer, this ana sucks" etc. There is more blaming others than communicating, so I see no reason to keep chat turned on in any form.

Very good point re the score board actually. Whilst it's not relevant that support get top kills etc - it would be useful to see kills/healing/blocking etc.

I haz 4090!
Don

Good point.

I play Mercy 90% of the time in ranked now, and I can tell if someone is any good or not because I can hear the ticks when they hit whoever they're aiming at. There's a lot of people that can't aim for toffee, and I didn't realise it until I switched to Mercy.

Soldato
I turned voice chat on again a few days ago and very surprisingly there hasn't been any of the toxic people blaming everything on their team mates.

Not sure what happened maybe I'm playing different time of day? or maybe they all screamed out? Maybe the whiners gave up?

A couple of weeks back when I turned it off there was at least one person every game on mic either screaming about character choice or whining about something but last few days played loads and nothing all calm no toxic.

Still very rarely hear anything of help on the mic today someone mentioned they was about to use the graviton surge so I got in position and yesterday someome mentioned bastion was behind us.

Associate
I tend to find a lot use the mic at the start and sounds promising and as soon as the game starts they don't give any info on if they are getting flanked or where enemies.

Although gladly just won a few games and gained 60pts lol

Back
Top Bottom