Overwatch

Soldato
The end of the work day/putting my child to bed after bath and stuff cant come soon enough!

Itching to try this

My exact situation. :) moving my pc downstairs tnite as we now have the baby in a bed time routine of bath and bed around 7pm and then atm my pc is right next door to his room, cant risk waking him lol so we have agreed to have the pc set up downstairs for now though its a shame as its nicely set where it is :D

Soldato
My exact situation. :) moving my pc downstairs tnite as we now have the baby in a bed time routine of bath and bed around 7pm and then atm my pc is right next door to his room, cant risk waking him lol so we have agreed to have the pc set up downstairs for now though its a shame as its nicely set where it is :D

Mine is 15 months old and she is quite good once she is down and asleep - and as my PC is downstairs anyway its not usually an issue!

Hoping the misses is not expecting my time tonight either going to game game game!

Soldato
Mine is 15 months old and she is quite good once she is down and asleep - and as my PC is downstairs anyway its not usually an issue!

Hoping the misses is not expecting my time tonight either going to game game game!

:D i use a steam link to play controller stuff atm but would like to have it downstairs really to play proper pc games from.time to time

Soldato
Sup everyone, question about the gameplay.

Is this more like TF2 or LoL in terms of team play? Before all the 'TWO DIFFERENT GAMES RETARD!!!" comments come in. I mean as in the playability.

So, I don't like LoL as it's 'too serious', the community is absolutely cack. And unless you know exactly what you're doing. You're treated like scum.

TF2, you jump on a server, pick a role, play and enjoy.

I'm really hoping Overwatch is like the latter. What are your thoughts? Is it full of 'must know' strategies or can you simply jump on a server and have a fun game?

Soldato

Is this more like TF2 or LoL in terms of team play? Before all the 'TWO DIFFERENT GAMES RETARD!!!" comments come in. I mean as in the playability.

So, I don't like LoL as it's 'too serious', the community is absolutely cack. And unless you know exactly what you're doing. You're treated like scum.

I'm really hoping Overwatch is like the latter. What are your thoughts? Is it full of 'must know' strategies or can you simply jump on a server and have a fun game?

This is kind of what i am hoping to find out tonight! I play for enjoyment and even find some enjoyment from MOBA's (one of my favorite games currently being HOTS).

I have played enough TF2 and MOBA's now to make some comparisons from a non-elitist gamers point of view.

So after my sessions tonight I will let you know! as this is what I am hoping the game is for me! a fun class driven FPS without the need for serious try hard attitude all the time.

Associate
I've played a grand total of 2 quick matches this lunch time and it feels a lot more TF2 than LoL. Not just the game genre, just the pick up and play aspect of it. I imagine the horrible community will follow as it seems to with all online games these days.

Soldato
This is kind of what i am hoping to find out tonight! I play for enjoyment and even find some enjoyment from MOBA's (one of my favorite games currently being HOTS).

I have played enough TF2 and MOBA's now to make some comparisons from a non-elitist gamers point of view.

So after my sessions tonight I will let you know! as this is what I am hoping the game is for me! a fun class driven FPS without the need for serious try hard attitude all the time.

Thanks mate, I play TF2 with my girlfriend, and we more often than not pick classes that will suit our playstyles and what will aid the team. But that's as far as we will go. If she gets ****ed off at people blowing up her sentries, she goes on a pyro rampage lol.

If anyone has a spare key going, I'd greatly appreciate one (I'm away when the open beta... "opens" up to every else :D)

Either way I'll keep my eyes on this thread and hopefully catch some live streams while I'm away, been looking forward to this for a long time (really need a new MP game I can casually hop on n' off.)

Associate

My enjoyment of HOTS increased substantially when I turned chat off.

As a casual quick match only player, I decided the amount of 'chat' was almost zero. Rather the amount of 'noob', 'uninstall game', 'go play LoL', 'something related to cancer', or other childish rubbish being flung around was mostly all that got said. I don't miss it.

Soldato
Only played a handful of games but feels more like TF2.

At character selection screen it gives you hints about your team composition so for eg:

No healer
No tank
Too many snipers

etc.... now you can carry on like that but it's nice to try get a balanced team. You can change your hero when you die so you aren't locked to just one all game and you can have two of the same on your team.

It's lovely and smooth, quick gameplay and has more depth than you would think.

Soldato
my feedback to overwatch developers
Firstly This is a amazing game you only have 1 Potential issue for the future & minor gripe.

The Potential issue:
I'm going to explain this as life of service, because its not a "issue" but will be.

Issue 1
Currently their are a many maps all of which are good. However
The amount of maps will be a problem in 2 months time. quite easily i would assume as your new IP you want it last many years.
i can describe 3 types of players

Esport Competitive - will play the same maps Constantly with minor bordem as they will "own"

The Dedicated players - (me)
After playing for 8 hours i can already for see Map fatigue. I've seen the same maps over 6+ times. not big issue but increase the lifetime of the product to 2 months old Many Players will become bored of the game due to the maps same as BF3/BF4

The casual Players
The same will happen to casual players after 5 months of playing the same maps over a over.

You have multiple solutions

1. Allow access to Custom Servers & allow anyone to host custom maps on their servers
- I think this is BAD idea. i suggest it as its best to see everything on the table

2. Restrict access to the Server Files, allowing Mod Submissions
- This is the best idea for yourself & the community.
- Allow access to MAp Mod Tool
- Allow Modders to submit the maps to you for verification & testing (or community vote)
- Add the extra maps to X servers & create Quick play Community + Orignal Maps)

3. Create Map DLCS
the Worst IDEA
- create DLC maps & charge the customers for your maps
- this sepreates the customer base & if you ever played BF4 this creates a very hard community to control (kicking non DLC players)

3. Create Free MAP DLCS
- A silly idea on your part i believe for you & the community
- Agree to Mutiple maps every 2 months (5 per 2 months) as a example
- keeping the community interested
- subside this the cost of the maps with paid Skins.

Other Interesting Ideas to Remove Fatigue for Long term future development
Create alternative Ultimate, doing the same thing as the original but with a twist.
you can choose which in Hero select

Examples
Junkrat
Instead of the death ball that detonates, you can press fire & it spits out traps and mine each side. Max of X times

Phrah
Instead of multiple rockets one big Nuke Rocket

RoadHog
Instead of the Machine gun knocking people back, it does bleed damage over time due to scrap in their body/wounds

The MInor Gripe
The Play of the game is NOT very good at all. it just feels like its the Best Kill Montage.
For example Windowmaker was just scoping killing while the rest of the team was actaully doing the objective. For example in this same game i was a Quad enemy Charge from reins that pushed them so far back we won the game

Soldato

1. Its TF2 with Quake/UT3 movement. fast paced can be quick deaths

the only part of it LoL like is 3 abilities thats helps you get through choke points

eg REin charge you push enemies to the wall & smack them with a hammer

think of ablities as Medic Uber from TF2, but you have 3 of them you can use every 10 ish seconds

(except ult which you charge from dealing damage)

also NO SUCH THING AS AMMO IN THIS GAME!

Last edited:
Associate
Kinda worried they've stopped that and I'll get locked into the sale :(.

just done it myself, cost me a whole 10p ;)

, Your request to cancel selected items has been successful (consignment null). The other item(s) in your order remain unchanged.

If you used Reward Points to pay for your order, these will be credited back to your account in the next few days.
Any money debited from your payment card will be refunded.
Payments via gift card or eVoucher will be refunded via eVoucher which you can use for future online purchases.

Back
Top Bottom