Overwatch

Soldato
went 10-1 today im sure i will slide tomorrow so gained 400+ ...so plat tomorrow :)

edit finding players at 2300 just as bad if not worse than lower ranks, so many bad choices in team make up. At least i haven't seen a Bastion in 20 games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't buy a win at the moment. Think I've lost 6 in a row after getting to 2496!!

Last 2 games as Dva (back to my season 1/2 favourite) - Hollywood 49 elims/28k damage and still didn't win. Game before 54 elims and 32k damage on Nepal - lost 3-1.

Can't really do much more as a solo player - lack of comms is the most annoying thing. People playing the game mute - you almost certainly loose. If you have 3 or 4 speaking and talking you almost certainly win.

Also can't stand people who constantly switch characters - Hollywood last game one guy on attack switched 6 times - solider/reaper/basiton/genji/pharah back to solider in one round!!

So frustrating.

Soldato
hehe i feel you pain i have hit a wall too, just got gold kills and heals as soldier!! Its frustrating i usually play as Zen if theirs another healer for the debuff, someone told me last night to play as a "proper healer" even though we already had a Mercy.
Not getting any Bastions on the team anymore but seeing a Hanzo everygame, well everygame i lose at least.

Soldato
I've been keeping a very close eye on the stats of myself and the guys I play with... we consistently have a good run, climbing with some win streaks and close fun games, until our win-rates hit around 60%, almost as soon as that happens it's like a switch turns on and the game absolutely crushes you with game after game of borderline un-winnable matchups until your win-rate drops a little below 50% again; usually around 45-48% the SR haemorrhage comes to an end and you level off... Such a broken silly system...

Edit: I should add - I'm not expecting to be able to climb forever, but it just feels like there aren't enough of the very fun and closely matched games the system seems to throw out on the way up at around 50-55% win-rate... losing a close game feels a lot less bad than getting completely destroyed by a clearly better team

Soldato
really wish people would stop going on sbout gold medals is means sod all. & everyone on the team can get gold. if they have the same amount so means NOTHING at all.

Soldato
I agree it's overplayed/overquoted, but wouldn't say it's nothing at all. I was a little surprised on Hollywood Defending last night that I got 4 golds as Symmetra, all the damage and kill ones. Does that mean I was 'the best'? Of course not. Does it mean I probably did my fair share? It's certainly a better indicator that I did than if I got no medals! (As well as providing a TP. They didn't cap the first point)

**EDIT** Also, as Soldier if I don't have at least 2 Golds through a round, I feel I'm probably not pulling my weight or should even offer to swap out of DPS.

Associate
really wish people would stop going on sbout gold medals is means sod all. & everyone on the team can get gold. if they have the same amount so means NOTHING at all.
Agreed to an extent, gold elims on a mercy would suggest something is going very wrong with your team though! :p

They can help justify your role (i.e. i have been doing my job at least somewhat competently) but they are so often misleading. For instance gold elims on Winston....guy hits everyone ever with his huge arc...if he doesn't have at least a medal of some sort for elims he is playing bad...but just because he has gold doesn't mean the dps are playing bad.

Associate
True, although i cannot tell you how many matches recently i have played where if all the soldier did was kill pharah i would have asked no more of him and considered it a good game! It rarely matters how many people you kill so much as which characters you ignore/ leave standing....i am looking at you Mercy.....

Associate
I don't even play soldier and i get so frustrated with the "its soldiers job to kill pharah" idea... If the enemy team has a good pharah player that plays at distance soldier is going to have a real hard time.. He has damage drop off at distance she doesn't.. Also if soldier gets any where near her he should be in a lot of trouble.. Pharah is a group effort... zen (orb) ana and a soldier work a charm.. it's not just down to poor old soldier..

Soldato
yeah definitely but if you have gold elims as a support or heals as soldier its a pretty good indication that its going pear shaped.

it means nothing, you can tap a target for 2-10 damage and get an elimination that my point.
So if
Lucio
Winston
Widowmaker
hit 5 targets they get 5 Eliminations. So they are ALL GOLD medals. so it means nothing.
you successfully hit someone good job!

This means your whole team can have gold medals Then you get people arguing no i got Gold... Did you win? No then who cares..

Soldato
Well its the only indication you have in game so it does mean something, your saying everyone can have gold..really i would hope someone focused on DPS would have it, that leaves me to worry about healing. As everyone has defined rolls in a team game its easy to spot (obviously there a few cross over characters) if a Roadhog gets gold heals above a Mercy she isn't healing enough( or she is getting picked off) either way its better to swap sooner rather than later, i dont agree with the finger pointing/gloating aspect of the game but when your reliant on your team for a win you will always get the blame culture, especially when someone autopicks widow attack/defence.

Soldato
hit 5 targets they get 5 Eliminations. So they are ALL GOLD medals. so it means nothing.
you successfully hit someone good job!

But again, if you're Mercy and you've hit as many people as Junkrat, something isn't right (and that could be that Mercy isn't healing, but shooting at people). It does have some value. As was said above. gold or silver heals as Soldier might not be good if you have two healers too.

Soldato
I wish to play comp properly this season, with my partner in crime over in the states (the misses) I'm without a buddy to play with. I don't take the game seriously and to be honest, care little for 'meta strats' or what ever the kiddie lingo is these days. I just like to have fun. I can play all roles. My top 3 heroes are Mei, Zarya and Widow.

Back
Top Bottom