Overwatch

Associate
I think Orisa was designed to bring Sombra and Bastion into the meta, synergising well with Bastion and partially countered by Sombra.

Ole

Ole

Associate
Anyone up for some games tonight? (Vhaegar#2620)

SR1400... Tanked my SR at the end of Season 3 trying to learn Zarya. Tried her again for my S4 placements... For some reason she just doesn't click for me!

Anyways, back on D.Va / Hog / Zen now and looking for a group (on voice comms) to get my sorry arse out of Bronze! Or are you all far too high ranked to play with a scrub like me?!

Soldato
I think a lot of the problem people have with Torb (and actually Bastion too, the recent buffs notwithstanding) is more to do with the way people play them...

They key to good turret placement is setting up where you will get to shoot first and hopefully get the kill before the enemy shoots back... so plopping down the turret/yourself with direct line of sight to the opposite side of a choke (which feels intuitive; the enemy is going to come from there, right?) is not good... You'll almost guaranteed be torn up by rockets/sniper fire/arrows long before you have a chance to get any impact. It's always much better to setup without any direct line-of-sight at all, but a good cross-firing position to a sight line which the enemies have to pass but can't easily shoot-down until they do...

Classic example - Volskaya opening choke... a lot of people I see setting up to the left of the dump-truck near the doorway so they can shoot towards the river as the enemies come around the corner... a much better position is directly behind the truck (on the other side to the choke) or to the right of the truck (with vision into the choke but only to the opposite wall)... despite the fact that you won't be able to see anything until enemies try to push into the choke or past the truck...

Then the only thing to worry about is the fact that the enemy team will learn where you are and be able to peek + burst you... as Bastion that's fine because you can just move to anticipate this (and often setup in another sensible cross-fire spot, bonus points if it allows you to kill the enemies as they try to peek your old position)...

ive been using mines to fly up to walls. i can now with easy wall jump & kill widows in mid air. I have also mastered an interesting tactic against widow. The Mine Jump kill

you stay still as junk let her aim at you then mine jump directly up & fire at her to kill and land in the same postion you started. They go Mad why didnt you die! when you jumped over the shot :D

Soldato
When I play S76, I can't say I'm worried when I see the enemy as Torb or Junk if I'm honest. (That's not to say there aren't times they've messed me right up!) If Torb doesn't have protection from Rein, his turret is generally quite easy to deal with.

Mind you, I play more 3 on 3 these days and I'm definitely not worried if I see the enemy has picked either of these two then. Some people don't seem to get the strategy for 3 on 3.

Soldato
When I play S76, I can't say I'm worried when I see the enemy as Torb or Junk if I'm honest. (That's not to say there aren't times they've messed me right up!) If Torb doesn't have protection from Rein, his turret is generally quite easy to deal with.

Mind you, I play more 3 on 3 these days and I'm definitely not worried if I see the enemy has picked either of these two then. Some people don't seem to get the strategy for 3 on 3.

the point is on my junkrat you don't see me. because i flying in mid air. or behind you. im getting a dab hand at killing pharah as junkrat lol

Soldato
Things like that wouldn't happen in comp mode tho.. game plays so different depending what rank your at.
Mid Gold. Atm

That sounds like a Phara but more predictable? :)
you don't do it infront of people :p

example dorado on attack
jump from spawn to roof kill widow/hanzos.
jump to bridge drop bombs down the gap behind them.
jump to the other side above the well shoot more
jump to the part above gate jump from gate to right platform go behind them.

just so idea of how i play it:p

Soldato
Had some good games with Orissa this evening and she is quite fun to play (imo) - I do believe she is quite OP though as I just seem to be melting players (and I'm not particularly good!!!).

Associate

SR1400... Tanked my SR at the end of Season 3 trying to learn Zarya. Tried her again for my S4 placements... For some reason she just doesn't click for me!

Anyways, back on D.Va / Hog / Zen now and looking for a group (on voice comms) to get my sorry arse out of Bronze! Or are you all far too high ranked to play with a scrub like me?!

Request sent though won't be online tonight.

qu1keh

Soldato
I think a lot of the problem people have with Torb (and actually Bastion too, the recent buffs notwithstanding) is more to do with the way people play them...

They key to good turret placement is setting up where you will get to shoot first and hopefully get the kill before the enemy shoots back... so plopping down the turret/yourself with direct line of sight to the opposite side of a choke (which feels intuitive; the enemy is going to come from there, right?) is not good... You'll almost guaranteed be torn up by rockets/sniper fire/arrows long before you have a chance to get any impact. It's always much better to setup without any direct line-of-sight at all, but a good cross-firing position to a sight line which the enemies have to pass but can't easily shoot-down until they do...

Classic example - Volskaya opening choke... a lot of people I see setting up to the left of the dump-truck near the doorway so they can shoot towards the river as the enemies come around the corner... a much better position is directly behind the truck (on the other side to the choke) or to the right of the truck (with vision into the choke but only to the opposite wall)... despite the fact that you won't be able to see anything until enemies try to push into the choke or past the truck...

Then the only thing to worry about is the fact that the enemy team will learn where you are and be able to peek + burst you... as Bastion that's fine because you can just move to anticipate this (and often setup in another sensible cross-fire spot, bonus points if it allows you to kill the enemies as they try to peek your old position)...
Absolutely turret placement is key for Torbjorn. That said, it's a ten second job to move it - and sometimes a particular spot can be touch and go, depending on the other team. I typically have two types of placement. The first is blatant, try my luck, plop it somewhere half-hidden, but it will get first shot on the enemy - I don't expect it to survive long - but I usually get a few shots in, and sometimes the quicker members of the enemy team get a shock and splatted (this happened with an OCUK team the other night - and ended up with silver medal elims). I place myself somewhere a fair distance away where I can continually fire at a small gap - I'm safe and I help my turret knock their initial assault off-kilter. Then I set my second, away from the front line, not in immediate enemy sight when they're heading for the target but with a wide target area - and I hide behind a wall to repair and cover fire. and when the enemy gets close, scarper and restart.

For me when playing Junk, it's all about movement in secret. Once the enemy know where you are, you're toast, so keep moving and just think to yourself, "Would this annoy me if I was on the other side?" and if the answer is yes, keep doing it :D

I'll add you when I get in - I'm not entirely sure what my ID is (might be PookieB#1695).
I'm about 1970, so we can team up ok, I think.

Soldato
It seems like all the toxic players have stopped playing, very rarely do I here any complaints.

Much more fun without all the crying and screaming.

Back
Top Bottom