Overwatch

Soldato
Yes, but 'team game' covers QP and comp. Comp is the one you care about, QP is where you go to not care. We've been through this in this thread previously and wasted several pages over it. I'm not sure I can be bothered to do it again tbh...

Soldato
Should've done what I'm doing. Play your 10 placement games a 6-7 days before the season ends so you can't decay :D

Can't decay from the rank I end up in anyway I don't think (Plat... I placed ~2600 this season and since I've consistently not quite made it to Diamond I'm expecting that's the highest comp points I'll get)

I guess a good question is why bother at all when I clearly don't enjoy the game anymore? I don't know, that's just the power of Blizzard - making something which is a total grind and actually not a pleasant experience *seem* like progress and having potential; whatever keeps enough people playing to keep the lootbox money rolling in

I haz 4090!
Don
I have found plat to be the worst elo hell to be honest. People know just enough to be dangerous, but then assume they're all GM and get toxic really quickly. I've taken to muting voice and chat when I'm solo queuing.

Soldato
so last season I was gold and fluctuated from 2475sr down to 1980sr and genuinely enjoyed playing even though i went on losing streaks and winning streaks.

I am now plat in the new season. what a bunch of toxic miserable salty people. no one changes class, so many genji/hanzo mains who refuse to play anything else, Found myself getting aggravated last night so had to get off.

Might just derank myself right down to bronze so I can enjoy the game again.

seems solo queue at this rank will be the death of the game for me if this continues

Soldato
tell you - for those "hating" the game - play on American servers - it's a different game. Friendly, good picks, team play, 4/5/6 players in teamchat. Totally refreshed things for me.

Junk is very OP at the moment - loving him!

maj

maj

Soldato
Echo what booyaka says. After struggling to enjoy competitive on Europe servers, switched to American servers and managed to finish my needed placement matches and just won my first official competitive match. Everyone uses microphone and there's no toxicity at all.

Soldato
Might have to play NA then, mixed bag last night did my placements 6-4 (Though should've been 7-3 really)

Placed where I thought I would and then won 3 lost 8 :rolleyes: Some games I played terribly, ended up on Soldier who I'm not great with but then you just get throwers.

A match on Kings Row went 3-3, we had more time in the bag but one guy decides we have already lost and starts throwing. Even when they barely capture the payload and we have every chance of winning.

Great!

Soldato
Placements done. Ended about 50sr above my finishing place last season.

If anyone fancies grouping up send over an invite.

I’m currently at 2160sr

Associate
How do I play Sombra, Tracer, Widow in comp? Every time I pick one of these, moans begin. I am a team player, so I obediently switch. I'm not half bad with them, but can barely get any comp time played in the stats, so others think I'm a scrub.

I wish I had no conscience like hanzo-genji players.

I haz 4090!
Don
How do I play Sombra, Tracer, Widow in comp? Every time I pick one of these, moans begin. I am a team player, so I obediently switch. I'm not half bad with them, but can barely get any comp time played in the stats, so others think I'm a scrub.

I wish I had no conscience like hanzo-genji players.

Just mute the voice and text chat. I was so against this in earlier seasons, but I play so much better when I don't have people moaning. I picked Genji in a game last night, and someone said "Could you play something else apart from Genji?", so I muted all chat and wiped their team out. I unmuted the text chat and they were all apologising. One of them said "the 1 out of 1000 that are actually good, I hang my head in shame" :D

So just play what you like (to a certain extent), but if you know it isn't working out, then switch off.

Finished my placements last night. Played well in all games, won 8 lost 1 and drew 1. Somehow came out at 1655?

What did you finish at last season?

Associate
Well last season I made the mistake of teaming up other a friend who was a lower level, we did well but came out being placed really low, 1000-1200 ish I think it was. I didn't know at the time that being teed up effected my placement. I didn't play many more games that season so would have ended at a similar number

Back
Top Bottom