Overwatch

Soldato
Yeah I didn't mean it in a bad way just saying that if someone on your team is leaving and rejoining during character select screen then it doesn't inspire confidence that it wont happen again.

Associate
Not enjoying this at the moment. Seems every game I play there's toxicity. Every little thing that goes wrongs gets blown out of proportion and any non-meta picks get abuse. It's actually made me go back to single player games for a while as I just get frustrated.

Soldato
In 400+ hours I've DC's twice... I don't think 'can't stay connected for 30 seconds' is particularly relevant.

yeah I'm the same only around once or twice the whole time I had the game which is why I'm happy people get punished for disconnecting, also the first disconnect is only around 50 points and 10 min ban which is nothing.

Some days I will get 4 games in a row that end up 5v6 because someone disconnects and it just ruins all the fun for everyone else and wastes hours of your time and you lose lots of points.

I think the punishments should be a lot stricter for the repeat offenders.

maj

maj

Soldato
Not enjoying this at the moment. Seems every game I play there's toxicity. Every little thing that goes wrongs gets blown out of proportion and any non-meta picks get abuse. It's actually made me go back to single player games for a while as I just get frustrated.

Tried playing on American servers? Ping aside it's a much nicer community. You still get the odd toxic player(s) but not as much as Europe servers in my experience.

Soldato
Actually had some fun on this for once over the weekend... I think having had a bit of a break and remembered that gaming is supposed to be fun (thanks, PUBG!) I've now ascended to a higher plane where I can simply not care about the games that don't go so well... I lost 5 games below 2500 so was demoted to Gold, then hit Plat again and currently 2 games below 2500... It's a bit of a worse rank than I've been in the past (usually sat around 2800ish) but that was when we had a group that played together a lot..

I do like the demotion after you drop below the rank; was getting tired of the players who had just barely scraped into Diamond and then acted all elitist towards everyone else...

maj

maj

Soldato
Who can and can't be one-shotted by Roadhog's primary fire? After they've been hooked and pulled towards you that is. I've hooked plenty of Mercy's, Ana's, Lucio's and DVA's (when out of suit) only for them to run away afterwards with barely any health taken from them. I watch streamers on Twitch a lot and they seem to kill them no problem.

How is the automatically climb walls that certain characters have supposed to work? I have it enabled for both Hanzo and Junkrat's tire yet I still have to press space before either happens.

Associate

I just ignore everyone. Works for me. Overwatch community is rather salty of late though.

Soldato
really frustrated at the moment - my SR has moved up and down within the same 100 points since the start of the season.

I win 2, loose 2, win 1, loose 1 etc.

Junk/Dva/Mercy/Orisa/Zen

I tank/heal/support etc - constantly do the job that is needed. Generally top elims/damage/heals etc - but just never seem to find any consistency in terms of results and increasing SR. I'm not saying I should be constantly increasing etc but stuck around 2100/2000 for weeks/months on end is getting very annoying.

Man of Honour
really frustrated at the moment - my SR has moved up and down within the same 100 points since the start of the season.

Junk/Dva/Mercy/Orisa/Zen

I tank/heal/support etc - constantly do the job that is needed. Generally top elims/damage/heals etc - but just never seem to find any consistency in terms of results and increasing SR. I'm not saying I should be constantly increasing etc but stuck around 2100/2000 for weeks/months on end is getting very annoying.

If it's that consistent then you are placed exactly where you should be.

Soldato
If it's that consistent then you are placed exactly where you should be.

That's not really true. He probably just needs to play more. Eventually you'll get some luck and hit a win streak. That's always what I found. If you're consistently performing well every game and not going up in a rank much, you probably just need to play more games as 1 person can only do so much. I remember a game around 3k playing on Roadhog, I had an 87% hook rate over a long game, 3-4 gold medals, it was by far one of the best games I'd played, and we still lost.

Soldato
I disagree, I don't see playing more helping. If you're where you should be, playing more will just leave you there still. Are you suggesting he'll get better or that SR is linked to play time? Saying he'll eventually get lucky is a bit odd too as law of averages says he's just as likely to get unlucky and hit a losing streak.

You win some, you lose some. I find just not worrying about my SR and trying to enjoy my games to be a better approach :)

I haz 4090!
Don

Junk/Dva/Mercy/Orisa/Zen

You've probably hit your level to be honest pal. You may be getting the gold medals, but you're not that good that you can carry teams to victory on a regular basis. I half agree on the playing more, but mainly because it will make you better. Don't try to be the master of everything, stick to a couple of classes you can get really, really good with, and you'll climb. Stop focusing on your SR so much too, just play comp to enjoy it. :)

Soldato
I'm not bitching and moaning but I feel I've got 2500SR/more at least in me. I've probably 300/400 hours in overwatch total time now.

How can I get better? I don't know.....more hours....not sure that's the answer.

A regular team would help for sure - played a game today which is classic OW - two twelve year olds who had bunked off school to play the new mercy/Dva and a leaver in my team........haha!!

Associate
Medals smedals. Lots of hero damage done without finishing them off = you just fed their healers ultimates etc. It's about playing as a team and coordinating. You only need to win a few team fights to win an OW map but lots of people play some kind of wired uncoordinated grindy trickle death match hybrid.
When you lose 4 people trying to take lijang and they have 5 left what do most people do? They slug it out and keep fighting, when what they should do is jump off the side denying them charge and regroup with their team.
It's little things that make a difference at "higher" sr but game sense will only get you so far and then mechanical skill will be your limiting factor

I've peaked at 3709 this season and I've stopped playing now. I think I play smartly but I don't have the mechanical skill to climb any higher, just one of those things. I've had games against GMs and the difference in skill between them and me is easily noticeable (mutters something about insane tracers)

Back
Top Bottom