Overwatch

Associate
Cheers for reply, I'll start on QP soon, spent some time today against AI still as getting used to different classes as I don't want to end up on a team without a healer, tank, defense etc

I don't mind playing support, where as in quite a few matches I've played most shy away from it... same with tank unless theyt get DVA then they just zoom off and wonder why they don't get healed straight away...

Associate
Cheers for reply, I'll start on QP soon, spent some time today against AI still as getting used to different classes as I don't want to end up on a team without a healer, tank, defense etc

I don't mind playing support, where as in quite a few matches I've played most shy away from it... same with tank unless theyt get DVA then they just zoom off and wonder why they don't get healed straight away...

No one really tries hard in QP, its more used to practice hero's you don't play before you play ranked. From my experience people play what they want in QP But in ranked the salt comes out ;)

Associate
No one really tries hard in QP, its more used to practice hero's you don't play before you play ranked. From my experience people play what they want in QP But in ranked the salt comes out ;)

All I play is qp/random and you would be surprised the amount of salt that does come out :p I mean...it's the most casual game mode you can have pretty much, and people still rage.

Soldato
Brigitte is great fun - Going to try and focus on her this season - she wrecks hog/rein etc but very vunerable to pharah etc.

Managed to stun many a genji out of ult and rein out of charge in QP so far. Very useful

Soldato
I'm going to start taking bets on how long after class announcement it will be before booyaka and imginy say they're going to main them this season. :D

lol - I'm happy playing any support generally. I'l cover anything that's needed. Dva, Junk, Mercy, Moira, Brigitte, Zen. I just fill but when no one picks anything at the start then I tend to find this season that Brigitte is good on Defense and Moira on Attack as my support mains.

Soldato
I'm going to start taking bets on how long after class announcement it will be before booyaka and imginy say they're going to main them this season. :D

Oh yeah I did main doomfist hard that first season when he came out think I got 40 hours in and it was the most fun I ever had on overwatch. I couldn't use him in his second season though because of the nerf that made him need pin point accuracy.

I don't actually play that many different characters brigitte is already high up on my most played list. I much prefer mellee characters to shooting ones which is why doom and Brigitte got played so much.

I would still be maining doom if it wasn't for the nerf.

Soldato
I can already predict with absolute pinpoint accuracy what will happen for me in S10...

I'll place about 2400, same as always and pretty much where I finished... over the course of the season I might climb to somewhere around 2600 and drop to as low as 2200, no matter what I do in game... I'm almost tempted to spend the season throwing and I bet I still end up in that range... If you've maintained a single main account for all that time since launch this is the reality of the system - you have so much MMR inertia around a particular rank the game will never let you move away from it

Soldato
I can already predict with absolute pinpoint accuracy what will happen for me in S10...

I'll place about 2400, same as always and pretty much where I finished... over the course of the season I might climb to somewhere around 2600 and drop to as low as 2200, no matter what I do in game... I'm almost tempted to spend the season throwing and I bet I still end up in that range... If you've maintained a single main account for all that time since launch this is the reality of the system - you have so much MMR inertia around a particular rank the game will never let you move away from it

Every season since I started playing( 6 seasons or so ) I seem to bounce between 2400 and 3030.

I can't seem to actually break into diamond for more than 2-3 games before I fall.

I'm hoping with brigite I can actually break into dimond and stay there this season. I'm off to a good start I placed 2600 and yesterday climbed to 2900 . So hopefully I can do it this time but more than likely I will hit 3k and then drop like rock like every other time.

Soldato
Brigitte needs to be nerfed - far too OP in competitive mode right now.

Yeah I think the only down side to using her is the lack of healing.

Edit: Just noticed she received her first nerf yesterday her shield bash angle has been redused. This is something needed as before I could bash people behind me lol.

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Anyone having issues with the game crashing in Rialto? Only happens when I die, not mid-fight, and has happened 4 times now. (Andy, this is why I dropped out the game the other day.)

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone having issues with the game crashing in Rialto? Only happens when I die, not mid-fight, and has happened 4 times now. (Andy, this is why I dropped out the game the other day.)

Sounds like the issues people were having before kept crashing everytime during a mercy res under circumstances.

I think overwatch team were blaming amd driver.

Probably best to look on the overwatch forum for answer.

What driver and card are you using?

Soldato
My predictions are pretty much spot on so far... placed 2395, currently at 2475 so will likely get into Plat again and that'll be it...

The games feel more hilariously one-sided now than ever before, don't think I've had a single game (of the 20 I've played this season so far) where it ever felt like the losing team had the slightest chance to win... At least 5 of the games have seen one team completely locked into their spawn for the duration of the game... Although of course it's true that over time these things average out (i.e. you get completely crushed in just as many games as you completely crush in) it just makes the whole experience extremely boring and squashes any need to try and employ teamwork, tactics etc. of any kind (because why bother if every game is a foregone conclusion)

Soldato
At your rank Rufus the teammates are quite unreliable, I spent last season around 2400-2600 and team mates were nightmare there was a lot of people playing dps that couldn't kill and lots of people just running around doing there own thing and people just trolling.

If you can manage to climb to say 2750 your team mates start to get more reliable and the game becomes more fun.

This was my best season, I just maining brigite in most matches with sym defending on a few maps. I started the season at 2600 and went all the way up to 3150 which beats my old high by 110 points.

Currently at 3012 so dropped a little, matches are so much more fun at this rank as they are so much more organized and team mates are working together.

Maybe you could spam brigite for a couple of days before she gets nerfed to boost your rank up.

Back
Top Bottom