Overwatch

Associate
Your visible SR will decay but the behind the scenes mmr doesn't decay and that's what your match making is based on. It's the same as if you disconnect and lose 50 sr. The match making will still find you games at your old sr and you'll probably gain an extra 5sr the next few games to help you reach your hidden mmr again

Source: decayed to 3000sr but still ended up playing games at my old rank and gained 80sr per win and lost 5-10sr until I reached my old rank.

Associate
Your visible SR will decay but the behind the scenes mmr doesn't decay and that's what your match making is based on. It's the same as if you disconnect and lose 50 sr. The match making will still find you games at your old sr and you'll probably gain an extra 5sr the next few games to help you reach your hidden mmr again

Source: decayed to 3000sr but still ended up playing games at my old rank and gained 80sr per win and lost 5-10sr until I reached my old rank.
This is accurate. Sr decay will affect your visual sr but you will be matched according to your internal mmr which does all the matchmaking and does not decay arbitrarily.

You won't suddenly be playing easier games, you will simply be playing with players that have a higher visible sr than the one your account shows, while the hidden mmr levels for the teams will be matched and even.

Soldato
Baptiste is pretty fun. Left click is quite tasty.

@imginy - How do you get so much free time to play!?
I can't use baptiste at all. I really look forward to him htiting comp though.

Most my work is seasonal farm stuff and none of it to do this time of year. I have no miss's or much going on so can play when ever for as long as I want.

Soldato
The really big patch hit today guys with lots of changes.

This is the one I have been waiting for, many characters received buffs the overpowered reaper got nerfed and goats has been hit hard with lucio speed, zen discord,and zarya splash all being nerfed.

The boops/knockbacks have all been changed so you can only do small boops now but they cant be countered.

IMO some real nice changes in this patch and gives a little something to a lot of characters that were slightly behind.

Characters patch notes without the crap.
Ana
Nano Boost Heal reduced from 300 to 250

Doomfist
Rising Uppercut Cooldown reduced from 7 to 6 seconds
Seismic SlamCooldown reduced from 7 to 6 seconds

Hanzo
Sonic Arrow Detection radius increased from 7 to 9 meters

Junkrat
Frag Launcher Impact damage increased from 40 to 50
RIP-Tire Cost increased by 10%

Lúcio
Amp It Up Speed Boost’s amplification reduced from 70% to 50%
Crossfade Speed Boost’s effect reduced from 30% to 20%
Sonic Amplifier Soundwave now counts towards Offensive Assists
Wall Ride Speed buff increased from 20% to 40%

McCree
Fan the Hammer Damage reduced from 55 to 50
Deadeye Damage per second increased from 275 to 550 after locking onto targets for 1.5 seconds

Mei
Endothermic Blaster Primary fire damage increased from 2.25 to 2.75 (45 to 55 damage per second)
Ice Wall Health reduced from 500 to 400

Moira
Biotic Grasp Heal over time duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds
Total healing increased from 50 to 65

Orisa
Fusion Driver Movement speed penalty while firing reduced from 50% to 30%

Pharah
Rocket Launcher Minimum explosion damage increased from 16.25 to 20

Reaper
The Reaping Healing received from dealing damage reduced from 50% to 40%

Soldier: 76
Pulse Rifle Damage increased from 19 to 20
Sprint Delay before you can fire the weapon after using Sprint reduced from .5 to .3 seconds
Tactical Visor Can target RIP-Tire and Immortality Field

Sombra
Hack Cooldown is reduced by half when hacking a health pack
Changed the visual appearance to more clearly indicate when something has been hacked

Symmetra
Photon Projector
Primary Fire’s damage ramps up 20% faster

Torbjörn
Base health increased by 50 armor (250 maximum health)
Overload Armor gain reduced from 150 to 100

Widowmaker
Infra-Sight Reveals enemy health bars
Now canceled on death

Wrecking Ball
Adaptive Shield
No longer cancels Roll mode

Zarya
Particle Cannon
Alternative Fire’s explosion radius changed to 2 meters, regardless of energy level

Zenyatta
Orb of Destruction Damage increased from 46 to 48
Orb of Discord Effect reduced from 30% to 25%

Associate
Hello looking get back into ow, been playing on console but no one groups up and so on.

I played with ocuk people before on pc on release but people lost interest.

Been as high as masters and and low as gold (on pc) not finished placement matches yet but will no doubt be some where in plat. Will take me a week or so to get use to not having auto aim and not playing solo.

I tend to play support or tank . My dps pool is limited to solider and bastion who are not very "meta" right now

My battlenet is PewPewPanda21116

Permabanned
OW is peeing me off. For a whole week when playing I've been matched with the biggest dimwitted simpletons imaginable. Simply put I keep getting matched with kill chasing morons.
Really frustrating to the point in ready to stop playing as it's becoming frustrating instead of fun. :(

I haz 4090!
Don
Played with Stu and a lad from work the past couple of nights (he got placed into diamond as Ashe, jealous). Some tough games and a few losses and wins, but still fun, it's the way it goes.

I'm going to focus on playing Sym most of the time in comp now. She's devastating when you play aggressively with her.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Played with Stu and a lad from work the past couple of nights (he got placed into diamond as Ashe, jealous). Some tough games and a few losses and wins, but still fun, it's the way it goes.

I'm going to focus on playing Sym most of the time in comp now. She's devastating when you play aggressively with her.

Typical... I play tank and only want for a good support, and all I get is 2 dps!!! :p;) It's been good fun, no stress.

@imginy Are you taking a break again, not seen you on line for a couple of days. The boop changes are mental (and possibly buggy) right now... at one point last night, I'm sure Lucio sent my Rein charge totally into reverse.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
giphy.gif

Am I the only person still playing? I've only seen Andy online a little.

Soldato
i play regular enough these days. its one of the most frustrating games out there though as it relies a lot on the teamwork which is quite rare.

Soldato
Seems this is getting a bit dry both sides of the pond, quick plays are taking a good couple of minutes to find a match and even then it's mostly unbalanced with pre mades being mixed in with solo queuers.

I want to do competitive again this season, but it's just too dead.

Back
Top Bottom