Overwatch

Stu

Stu

Soldato
If you want consistently good matches in plat you need to team up and go in with a decent dps player.

Yeah plat matches can be one sided but if you just take one decent dps player in there with you then you will have a good game every time.

It's a team game, just find a decent team mate that can kill everyone and your all set for a decent game. If your going into plat solo you are just rolling the dice.

Here is a clip of someone I added to play with me at 2800, I dont know who he is I just see he could kill people so I added him, everytime he gets ult he will kill at least 3 people, anytime I play with this guy decent match every time. This is the sort of skill level you want want with you going into plat match.

You do this team up then decent match every time. easy fix.

This isn't a one off there is loads of guys like this going solo in plat that will happily team up with you and give you decent match every time.

So you finally found my alt account :p:p:p

Soldato
This happens in literally every game with a ranking system that has ever existed

I'm not sure what your point is? Yes, smurfs or mis-ranked players exist in all games... but it's not usually a requirement to track one down to help carry you if you want to have a fun or remotely balanced experience in the game is it?

Soldato
"Find someone smurfing and group up with them then kick back and relax for ez carry"

... and you don't think the game/matchmaking is broken? Okay

What you don't understand is this is the level your dps needs to be at top end of plat

If your going into high plat matches with dps that can't do the above your going to have a hard time.

The players above 3k lose rank over time so end up top end of plat if you dont have this level of player on your team then you will have some impossible matches.

The difficulty jumps right up in plat you need people on your team this level if you want propper matches.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
"Find someone smurfing and group up with them then kick back and relax for ez carry"

... and you don't think the game/matchmaking is broken? Okay

I don't think this is entirely fair, certainly not by saying you need to find a smurf. The biggest issue I have with the system is that you can fall much quicker that you can climb, so finding someone good doesn't necessarily mean you've found a smurf. For example, @imginy dropped to mid-gold SR at one point (correct me if wrong), where he clearly stood out as an excellent player, but he got there because a single bad day can drop you so far, but I wouldn't call him a smurf for playing in gold matches because he didn't drop on purpose.

All levels will have some stand out players because they are at the wrong end of an SR fall, or working their way up as a new player... nothing wrong with wanting to team with a player like that to benefit yourself, and hopefully them too by way of enjoyable games, similar contribution to success, or (ideally) both.

Another perspective (though less credible), the guy in that example is at the correct SR for his ability as a DPS... if you are a support or tank main, then it is good to team up simply to ensure better balance to your team each match (ie you won't be in a team without a DPS main... though I'm not sure that is possible in Overwatch :p ).

Soldato
Anyone above 3000sr loses sr over time so ends up in high plat low diamond.

In high plat someone like @H2F Scott can kill everyone at diamond and above level so isn't an issue for someone of his skill.

If your like me and can't dps at a diamond+ level then you just need to team up with someone that can.

Its not ideal but just the way it is top end of plat. Once you understand that you can move past platinum and start playing in diamond and above.

Man of Honour
Ha... clear panic! What SR match was that?
I generally only play quick play, I gather you were suggesting it was a comp match? I joined as backfill where the cart was and got POTG right away with that. I've never seen such poor skill by all of their team, it was comical.

Soldato
Anyone above 3000sr loses sr over time so ends up in high plat low diamond.

In high plat someone like @H2F Scott can kill everyone at diamond and above level so isn't an issue for someone of his skill.

If your like me and can't dps at a diamond+ level then you just need to team up with someone that can.

Its not ideal but just the way it is top end of plat. Once you understand that you can move past platinum and start playing in diamond and above.

I see... so what you're saying... in essence... is that the SR system, with its player decaying feature that creates the exact scenario you're describing... that makes the games potentially very unbalanced and forces you to do things a certain un-fun way in order to overcome the way it's designed... is... hmm... there's got to be a word for it... it's on the tip of my tongue

Soldato
I see... so what you're saying... in essence... is that the SR system, with its player decaying feature that creates the exact scenario you're describing... that makes the games potentially very unbalanced and forces you to do things a certain un-fun way in order to overcome the way it's designed... is... hmm... there's got to be a word for it... it's on the tip of my tongue

Yeah high plat is a real mix bag of players skill, if you want consistent good matches you need one of the high skill players with you to get the kills.

Anyone can team up, it's the easiest thing ever, it's not unfair, it's not cheating, it's a team shooter, if you can't dps at a high enough level you just team up with one.

Again this is only really an issue in plat and it's easily sorted by teaming up with dps player of high enough skill.

Associate
A high diamond/low masters player who has decayed to 3000SR will be back at their level in no time as they will get massive SR for a win. The system gets them back very quickly to where they should be.

Soldato
Whenever I get stuck in plat I start looking for high skill dps player to work with to start consistently win matches.

I can solo que my way from bronze to high plat easily but team up is needed to get through plat.

Once in diamond I can solo que to masters.

Anyway teaming up with high skill dps player is the easiest way to deal with plat and will give you good matches.

Soldato
A high diamond/low masters player who has decayed to 3000SR will be back at their level in no time as they will get massive SR for a win. The system gets them back very quickly to where they should be.

This is wrong.

In diamond everyone gets the same sr per win .

23-24 every single game.

Associate
This is wrong.

In diamond everyone gets the same sr per win .

23-24 every single game.

I wouldn't know if never been in a position to decay! :D

Think I missed your point and was thinking about the very top end decaying. For example Seagul decays to diamond and gets placed in GM and top500 games on stream and withing a few games he's back in GM.

I get the personal performance in SR doesn't work in diamond and above.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom