Overwatch

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Rein needs some love... this looks like he will be the only one with a viable shield, and his speed buff will be a big benefit.

Associate
Yeah, I played a decent amount over the weekend and Brig is a monster. The overall pace is hugely faster too. Whereas before you could happily move up to a choke point and sit there and tough it out, now the shields get shredded so quickly that you're pretty much forced to constantly push forward; it's a case of which team can steamroll the other quicker.

I've also had quite a few matches where it gets to the point where one team is pretty much spawncamped.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I can definitely see Brig coming back... also wonder if Zen might gain some survivability since he has armour. Also wondering if Bastion bunker will be good or bad... less protection for Bastion, but he will melt the weaker shields on attacking side in a second. We might also see Baptiste pick rate going up (even though he is already reasonably popular), relying on his immortality to cover shield failure.

Associate
I can definitely see Brig coming back... also wonder if Zen might gain some survivability since he has armour. Also wondering if Bastion bunker will be good or bad... less protection for Bastion, but he will melt the weaker shields on attacking side in a second. We might also see Baptiste pick rate going up (even though he is already reasonably popular), relying on his immortality to cover shield failure.
Zen has shields, not armour. 50 health and 150 shields (which regenerate).

Given shields can break quicker, he may be more viable as discord will be utilised more and be key to focussing down the tanks. Your other points on Bastion bunker are similar to mine, i am worried that he is going to be even more viable and given the power creep of the Damage characters of late (Hanzo, McCree, Reaper) I think this may need addressing.

Totally agree that Baptiste immortaility will be even more important going forward, there will be even greater distinction of importance between good and bad Baptistes (i.e. those who waste it by throwing it on cooldown, and those who save it and time it at key points).

Not played the PTR but looking forward to trying these changes.

Soldato
not been near OW in months.....just got totally bored of the double shield meta.

Cart maps were just becoming Double shield, Basiton every single time - got bored playing that over and over again

Same for me, i think i fell off the same time you did!

Not sure i can face going back again at the moment, ive been enjoying some single player games in the mean time. It has been a nice change of pace.

Soldato
Same for me, i think i fell off the same time you did!

Not sure i can face going back again at the moment, ive been enjoying some single player games in the mean time. It has been a nice change of pace.

yeah - just been smashing Apex for a while now - enjoy the fast paced games. Might take a look back at sometime but not at the moment.

Soldato
I think this will help against Bastion. If you go against one now, shields aren't a lot of use and you should swap out anyway, so him having less protection is a good thing... I can't wait for it.

Associate
The contrarian view is that while bastion has less shields protecting him, you have less shields to get to where he is. (Thinking, Havana first point, Bastion up top overlooking the street with a Sigma and Reinhardt protecting him. It will be harder to get to him as his damage is unchanged and your shields are diminished.

Associate
This new patch can't come fast enough now.

Lost 300 SR on tank since friday as I keep getting paired with Hogs that haven't got a clue along with DPS Moiras and feeding Genjis. I seem to have hit a rich vein of idiots in match making. Its frustrating as I'm fundamentally not playing any different/badly and it's out of my control. Arrrrrrgghhhhh!

Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Associate

Lost 300 SR on tank since friday as I keep getting paired with Hogs that haven't got a clue along with DPS Moiras and feeding Genjis. I seem to have hit a rich vein of idiots in match making. Its frustrating as I'm fundamentally not playing any different/badly and it's out of my control. Arrrrrrgghhhhh!

Don't worry I feel your pain decided to do my placement matches last night stood next to a Moira asking for heals she continued to drain even tho I had 18hp as the tank she died then I died and she said in chat " noob tanks ":D:confused:

Associate
:eek: Oh yes! Love it. I was looking up at the glorious diamond rank only 44SR left. Now I'm staring down the drainpipe of gold! I know I'll get back up there but it's such a grind at the moment. I wanna play zarya one of my best tanks, but guaranteed I'll get paired with a hog or dva or something. Luck of the draw I guess.

Soldato
:eek: Oh yes! Love it. I was looking up at the glorious diamond rank only 44SR left. Now I'm staring down the drainpipe of gold! I know I'll get back up there but it's such a grind at the moment. I wanna play zarya one of my best tanks, but guaranteed I'll get paired with a hog or dva or something. Luck of the draw I guess.

What's wrong with that? When I get bad team-mates Zarya is my go-to because you can turn a brainless feeding Hog or a gung-ho charging Rein from a liability into a massive damage amp battery for you whilst also maybe allowing them to achieve something instead of just throwing... same can be said of people playing Doom, Genji etc. who aren't as good as they think they are - Zarya all day

Stu

Stu

Soldato

Same thing happened to me last week, but had a great session last night in a 4 stack and recovered lost SR plus an extra 100. I try not to stress about SR... maybe easier for me down in the depths of mediocrity!

What's wrong with that? When I get bad team-mates Zarya is my go-to because you can turn a brainless feeding Hog or a gung-ho charging Rein from a liability into a massive damage amp battery for you whilst also maybe allowing them to achieve something instead of just throwing... same can be said of people playing Doom, Genji etc. who aren't as good as they think they are - Zarya all day

It's good for yourself, but I personally think a team needs one of the tanks to have a shield... of course others might think differently.

Associate

I feel your pain, the number of DPS players who force Genji and pick him even though he is a throw in this meta and almost every other DPS is better in this meta. Moira's who don't heal are so bloomin' annoying. Conversely, I've ranked up my support SR into diamond almost solely playing Moira as by focusing on healing to keep tanks alive and using ults to take out squishies, I've got a good win rate.

I only play tanks on my main account when I'm grouped with friends on support who I know will focus on healing. I had a frustrating experience last night with a player who was a one-trick D.Va but I don't know how they were at their rank because they just fed their brains out, literally flying away from heals into the enemy team or off on their own and getting demeched constantly. It didn't look like throwing just really bad play.

Associate
I agree @uncle_rufus, I need to be more selfish. I just have this misguided notion that I pick the best tank for the job/team or counter pick.

Encouraging to know I'm not the only one getting moron team mates!

@Wegason used to one trick Dva back when she was a must pick but she is an ult battery nowadays. I was doing pretty well solo queuing hit 2960ish from placing about 2750 and now it's bad game after bad game. Only way is up now tho right?

Soldato
It's good for yourself, but I personally think a team needs one of the tanks to have a shield... of course others might think differently.

I think a proper team ought to have a shield a lot of the time, but we're talking about games where the team are clearly not going to play together properly... so you could take a Rein/Orisa thinking it'll combo nicely with Hog, but then the Hog spends the whole game dps'ing and doesn't use your sheild at all (and likewise your dps do the same)...

I agree @uncle_rufus, I need to be more selfish. I just have this misguided notion that I pick the best tank for the job/team or counter pick.

As above man, you can only do a good job picking what works if the person you're picking for works with you... but with Zarya you can kind of work with anyone

Back
Top Bottom