Overwatch

Soldato
Win ratio pointless...

Wait for ranked to come out and then see what ur win ratio is like then.

In theory, if ranked is MMR based (Which it will have to be for proper matchmaking) it will still be 50-50 for a bulk of players/teams.

I imagine it will work exactly the same as Heroes of the Storm (Also a Blizzard Title) and would not not be surprised if the MMR and Matchmaking Systems are a direct pull from HoTS.

Associate
In theory, if ranked is MMR based (Which it will have to be for proper matchmaking) it will still be 50-50 for a bulk of players/teams.

I imagine it will work exactly the same as Heroes of the Storm (Also a Blizzard Title) and would not not be surprised if the MMR and Matchmaking Systems are a direct pull from HoTS.
or older yet starcraft.

was more transparent in starcraft though as you always saw the rank of opponent and don't get the same amount for a win. a win against a lower opponent gives a lot less than a tougher one. losing against a much higher rank pretty much gives the same as winning against a weaker one. and naturally if you keep winning it puts you against higher ranks consistently until it decides you're 50/50 and that's your rank

Soldato
So, I have some big Overwatch news later today (can't announce until later) but it's pretty bigggggg

You tease... I'm gonna guess at least part of it is ranked mode... but I guess it could also include the fabled support sniper or some other heroes? Or a new game mode or maps? :p It makes sense that Blizzard would want to try and drop some sort of decent update within this first month as it sends a clear message of "we're serious about this and will be supporting and developing the game"

Soldato
You tease... I'm gonna guess at least part of it is ranked mode... but I guess it could also include the fabled support sniper or some other heroes? Or a new game mode or maps? :p It makes sense that Blizzard would want to try and drop some sort of decent update within this first month as it sends a clear message of "we're serious about this and will be supporting and developing the game"

haha unfortunately not, nice guesses but none of these - but it's BIG stuff. Looking forward to it, kinda nervous

Soldato
haha unfortunately not, nice guesses but none of these - but it's BIG stuff. Looking forward to it, kinda nervous

Please please please Mcree nerf!! ;)

Is it big news about Overwatch or big news about your channel or similar? (btw have been watching through your vids and they're really good; congrats on managing to get a foothold in the Overwatch content :D)

Associate
CTF, if done correctly would be absolutely brilliant. Lucio goes with the flag carrier, activates sound barrier and speed, Mei waiting to drop an ice wall behind them. Much fun to be had.

Soldato
Hmm... randomly thinking about how they could do CTF while eating my lunch - I think it could work but it would have to be via some tweaks to the formula:

1. The flag (let's call it a flag, but in reality something like a canister or something would make more sense) can't be "grabbed" hit & run style like it can in other games; you have to press + hold a key for several seconds to pick it up... So actually gaining posession of the flag leaves you and your team a little exposed and ought to lead to some tense team-fights while each team is trying to gain enough advantage for someone to actually pick it up...

2. The hero carrying the flag cannot use any abilities at all other than dropping/throwing the flag a short distance... Alternatively they can use some restricted subset of their abilities where it makes sense, i.e.:
Tracer: Cannot dash
Winston: Cannot leap
Reinhardt: Cannot charge
As above, this would lead to the teams having to fight over the flag as they try to tactically move it back through the level...

I'm not sure though, might end up being way too slow paced and potentially the rounds being way too long...

Associate
I don't like the idea of holding a button to capture the flag, being in its vicinity for a few seconds should be enough. I agree the flag bearer shouldn't have any abilities, but perhaps carrying the flag gives you a small health regen, that way the team needs to defend you.

Might also need some sort of balancing to for the flag bearer and I feel Tracer/Lucio could end up being to fast and potentially force a particular character as the flag bearer.

Soldato
Might also need some sort of balancing to for the flag bearer and I feel Tracer/Lucio could end up being to fast and potentially force a particular character as the flag bearer.

Maybe a % speed reduction once holding the flag to cap the faster characters. Would make the big guys painfully slow tho.

Soldato
Yeah or I was gonna say have the "flag" be something resembling a sort of futuristic trolley type thing which the character is pushing/dragging, so the faster characters are slowed by it but the bigger characters can push it at their full speed?

Problem is it's starting to sound a little too close to a normal Payday game mode but with one team down a person!

While I think of it - I hope they add a Payload-Race type mode like in TF2, those are pretty fun :)

Back
Top Bottom