Overwatch

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a deathmatch/ffa mode on this game. I'm after a decent simple FFA game and it's on sale right for £17. I tried CoD WW2 last night with the free weekend access and the game seems to imbalanced towards people who have grinded and got better weapons.

Soldato
Is there a deathmatch/ffa mode on this game. I'm after a decent simple FFA game and it's on sale right for £17. I tried CoD WW2 last night with the free weekend access and the game seems to imbalanced towards people who have grinded and got better weapons.

This is a team game if you want ffa/deathmatch get something else, they do sometimes have deathmatch and ffa mode but it's short unranked matches.

Associate

Ok, first of all, that's not what overwatch is about. Overwatch is a beautiful game BECAUSE it is not a lone wolf game. In all modes except deathmatch, which occasionally appears on the ever changing arcade mode, if you are alone, you will die. Unless you're Genji doing an ult and you're really good at it. And then when your ult finishes you will still die.

Overwatch is about getting good with a range of different "Heroes", seeing what heroes other players choose, then choosing the one that you feel can best help the team. There are players geared for offense, defense, healing, sniping, and tanks. Healers have various interesting and ingenious healing methods, like throwing something at another player, projecting a healing ring about themselves, shooting healing lightning, etc. Some characters can run, teleport, fly, float, have two different stages (Dva alternates between being on foot and being in her mech suit), and lots more interesting things.

I have had Overwatch for a year and a half and I still play everyday. They keep adding new characters and tweaking and it never gets boring.

Buy it!

Soldato
Congrats! :D

I finished in Silver for the first time, having been Plat/High Gold every season prior to this... not sure I can be bothered with it anymore

What happened, Have you been using different characters?

I remember when I first started playing doomfist I dropped all the way down to silver. This season I have been sticking to the characters I can play well with symmetra or mercy or rein on defence and rein or mercy or dva or monkey on attack.

I been quite consistant this season sticking to same characters and strategies.

I played some ranked capture the flag last night picked lucio nearly every game and just kept flanking and running with flag got my self to masters in one night :)

Soldato
I went all the way up to 2496 I think it was, but then Worthy sent me some words of encouragement and it went downhill :p

Now hovering between 2400 and 2450. One of my better finishes still. Does it end tonight or tomorrow? Off tomorrow, so will play some more.

Soldato
I went all the way up to 2496 I think it was, but then Worthy sent me some words of encouragement and it went downhill :p

Now hovering between 2400 and 2450. One of my better finishes still. Does it end tonight or tomorrow? Off tomorrow, so will play some more.

If im reading it right then it ends midnight tonight and starts again midnight Wednesday.

Soldato
What happened, Have you been using different characters?

I remember when I first started playing doomfist I dropped all the way down to silver. This season I have been sticking to the characters I can play well with symmetra or mercy or rein on defence and rein or mercy or dva or monkey on attack.

I been quite consistant this season sticking to same characters and strategies.

I played some ranked capture the flag last night picked lucio nearly every game and just kept flanking and running with flag got my self to masters in one night :)

I've not really changed anything I don't think, definitely haven't been trying out a "new" character I haven't played much before or anything like that... So no idea

Soldato
I've not really changed anything I don't think, definitely haven't been trying out a "new" character I haven't played much before or anything like that... So no idea

Might be worth looking at your stats to see your win rates on each character.

I find looking at character stats helps me see what's working and what isn't.

Soldato
Ive had the same usually about 2200 looks like im going to finish about 1800....i play what ever the team needs so im usually last to pick, means i hardly ever get to play my strongest picks, silver is making me bang my head against the keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom