Oxygen Not Included

Man of Honour
A quick search didnt reveal a thread on this, I know that these sorts of games have a good following on OCUK , so wondered if anyone had seen this one yet from the people who made Dont Starve.

Caporegime
I've watched a bit of that video and am very intrigued but it looks a tad complicated - my first thought was how are they going to port it to consoles with a gamepad as that's where I am mostly these days.

Soldato
Got it earlier, looks nice and it's a developer I have a lot of faith in tbh.. Unlike many lol

Not had a chance to play yet but my six year old has and seems to like it although she's not getting very far due to a lack of reading skill! I'll have a proper play tonight.

Now had a little hours play of it and it's very, very good fun. Totally different experience having to consider the gas around your little people, not just the usual water/food/shelter aspect. Runs fantastic at 4K on a 980, very nicely animated too.

Not hit any bugs so far although obviously only an hour in - but so far a big thumbs up from me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
OP
With Dont Starve, they released the multiplayer version, Dont Starve Together. I wonder if they will release an Oxygen Not Included Together too.

Having a lot of fun with it, its quite different from Dont Starve and there is quite a bit to do even for it being an Alpha. Brilliant animations, the little guys have such character

Man of Honour
OP
Here I am at Day 28... (shortly after this, everything went pear shaped, as a few got really stressed out and started throwing up all over the floor, which in turn stressed out everyone else)

Man of Honour
OP
Must admit, I am thoroughly enjoying it, its only alpha still but given that they added so much to Dont Starve as it went through alpha/beta etc, I firmly believe they will do the same with this.

Man of Honour
OP
This does look interesting... Is it really 'Rimworld meets Don't Starve' or more a case of 'Don't Starve in Space'?

I've played Dont Starve but havent played Rimworld, so take it with that factor in mind. In ONI there is a little more of a focus on digging and machinery, getting your plumbing and wiring connectivity laid out correctly etc than there is in Dont Starve.

Dont Starve was more about building a base for your single character whereas ONI is more about managing multiple characters and construction. Whether that makes it sound like a hybrid of the two, I couldnt say, given that I dont know much about Rimworld.

Man of Honour
It's early days so content is a bit lacking but it has the makings of a very solid game. I can definitely see the DS meets RW comparisons (though haven't played much RW).

Given Klei's history of good games and ongoing support/content releases it's a pretty safe bet. I reckon right now 10 hours of enjoyable playtime is a very conservative estimate. Once more content comes out you're looking at way more than that. That's coming from someone with a very short attention span and little time for gaming too.

Back
Top Bottom