Oxygen Not Included

Man of Honour
OP
It's really well done. There's a lot of unusual solutions to things. I've fully automated my bathrooms to clean waste water without using any automation or fresh water. Super efficient closed loop that actually produces more water than it uses.

Stuff like that makes the game worthwhile.

Its really a brilliant game, as so many of the KLEI Entertainment titles are, I have several hundred hours played on ONI now and like you say there are so many solutions to things, yes you can look around on the web and find things to build but the sheer scope to come up with methods of your own is huge. The physics and science behind the game mechanics, whilst not 100% accurate, are close enough that you can come up with very realistic systems. The closed clean water loop is a great system and I use something similar (I also use a closed loop system for producing unlimited quantities of polluted water) , once you can get closed clean water and closed dirty water running and then get a system set up for producing unlimited quantities of oxygen you have a good foundation for getting started on rocket building

Soldato
Its really a brilliant game, as so many of the KLEI Entertainment titles are, I have several hundred hours played on ONI now and like you say there are so many solutions to things, yes you can look around on the web and find things to build but the sheer scope to come up with methods of your own is huge. The physics and science behind the game mechanics, whilst not 100% accurate, are close enough that you can come up with very realistic systems. The closed clean water loop is a great system and I use something similar (I also use a closed loop system for producing unlimited quantities of polluted water) , once you can get closed clean water and closed dirty water running and then get a system set up for producing unlimited quantities of oxygen you have a good foundation for getting started on rocket building

I'm actually struggling with heat dissipation, so I haven't yet wrapped my head round a SPOM. Today I've done Hatch Ranching for the first time with the intention of giving my dupes 100% BBQ for the Morale boost. Up to 8 dupes on Cycle 80 ish which is my most reserved attempt yet.

Running low on Algae so trying to decide of I'm going to SPOM or head out and try Slime Reclamation.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm actually struggling with heat dissipation, so I haven't yet wrapped my head round a SPOM. Today I've done Hatch Ranching for the first time with the intention of giving my dupes 100% BBQ for the Morale boost. Up to 8 dupes on Cycle 80 ish which is my most reserved attempt yet.

Running low on Algae so trying to decide of I'm going to SPOM or head out and try Slime Reclamation.

Theres a critter which creates slime, cant remember which one it is and havent tried ranching them for decent quantities yet. Hatchs are good for both food and coal. Early heat can be handled reasonably well, or at least contained, with the insulated walls and tempshift plates, I havent really needed a SPOM yet until around cycle 150-200.

Soldato
Theres a critter which creates slime, cant remember which one it is and havent tried ranching them for decent quantities yet. Hatchs are good for both food and coal. Early heat can be handled reasonably well, or at least contained, with the insulated walls and tempshift plates, I havent really needed a SPOM yet until around cycle 150-200.
The pufts are the ones that make slime, can be annoying to farm as they are always escaping!

Man of Honour
OP
Whats the actual target in this?
There doesn't seem to be a completion condition, you just keep building till you get bored?

It's just an endless building sim?

Like a lot of survival games (which is essentially what this is), the goal is whatever you decide it to be. Perhaps you set yourself a goal of surviving for 500 days, maybe you set yourself a goal of managing to get off-rock in a rocket. Whatever your own personal aims are.

Soldato
Exactly like minecraft, but with more focus on science. Much much less forgiving in many aspects. There is also a loose storyline. You must reach the surface of the asteroid and then make a rocket that can go far enough to breach the "temporal tear"

Soldato
Just picked this up, anyone got any good guide links or YouTube to get started with tips / etc?
Dont take too many dupes too quickly. 4 is a good number to get going.
As well as oxygen be aware of heat and learn to control it. Although the game is called oxygen not included but heat will be your biggest enemy for a long time once you get the basics down. (oxygen production really isnt hard at all)
Light gases flow up and left, heavy ones down and right, use this to your advantage when planning a base.
Avoid slime at all cost early game. Slimelung is a killer if not controlled properly. Use the germs overlay to see where the germs are.

Once you have some early water storage, food and oxygen set up you should start to try and scout out for some geysers to see what is available for more sustainable power/water options.

There are a few good youtubers playing this (blitz and grind this game are 2 that I like) but they have both been playing it a while and dont really explain some of the new content as well as they could.

I abandoned a lot of bases while learning the basics so try not to get too attached at first.

Back
Top Bottom