Paris Olympics 2024

Shows how times change, needed to run 10.16 to get out of round 1 at this Olympics.
5% faster in 44 years. It seems quite a small improvement in some ways but perhaps puts in perspective how tough it is to be in the top 8. Wells was in the amateur era and had a pb of 10.11 which is pretty impressive given that he was prob running in Dunlop green flash and never used starting blocks until the Olympics in 1980.

Very pleased for Djokovic. Being the greatest of all time, he simply had to win Olympic gold to be absolutely complete. What I find interesting is that it took that kind of hunger, aggression and energy to get something he's never won for him to beat Alcaraz. In other words, he probably wasn't burning to win Wimbledon as much as he was for the Olympics.

Last edited:
Awesome start from Yee and Taylor Brown so far. Let's goooooooo. :D

edit: these crowds are mental for the time of day. :cool:

Last edited:
I wonder how much the pro triathletes practice the transitions, they feel like an F1 pit stop in that you can shaft your whole race on them with one slip up.

Did look like it was USA silver real time gutted for the demotion though :(

Not really a Triathlon follower I know hindsight a wonderful thing but would it have not been better to have Yee in Dickinson place probably could have stretched a bigger gap?

I think that was France to lose though Beaugrand probably smokes everyone had she been closer respect for 4th though after being that far behind.

Very pleased for Djokovic. Being the greatest of all time, he simply had to win Olympic gold to be absolutely complete. What I find interesting is that it took that kind of hunger, aggression and energy to get something he's never won for him to beat Alcaraz. In other words, he probably wasn't burning to win Wimbledon as much as he was for the Olympics.

Never the GOAT, not even close :)

Shame we got Bronze in the Tri, cracking race though. Really enjoy these mixed events.

Thought we might get some uninterrupted athletics being the morning session but nope, let's cut back to the studio and do nothing except watch repeats and state the bloody obvious. :/

edit: I already knew the whole evening was going to be about Keeley which is fair enough, but let's do it all morning as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom