Paris Olympics 2024

Why does the Guardian even exist anymore? Its a utterly tedious newspaper these days it really is. I think it caters for 2 square miles of some Hippy London well offs and thats it. Utter trash.

Its SPORT FFS.

I was definitely not shouting at my monitor for the Japanese guy to fall

Thought he looked knackered and shaky a little before the top but they were bigging him up so much I assumed I was wrong.

Surprised by how much I actually enjoyed watching climbing

You should try climbing if you haven't. Brilliant sport and really sociable. Excellent exercise as well.

The bouldering is very impressive if a little "gymnastic" these days. Looking forward to Janja crushing the womens comp at a canter.

I was definitely not shouting at my monitor for the Japanese guy to fall

Thought he looked knackered and shaky a little before the top but they were bigging him up so much I assumed I was wrong.
Fair play to Toby for keeping calm when he fell off, I’d have been running around celebrating like crazy

You should try climbing if you haven't. Brilliant sport and really sociable. Excellent exercise as well.

The bouldering is very impressive if a little "gymnastic" these days. Looking forward to Janja crushing the womens comp at a canter.
I’d love to but it doesn’t look quite the sport for the severely disabled :D

Back from the Olympics yesterday morning. Stayed in Marseille for the Sailing and Mens Semi Final Football and also the Women's.

The sailing was quite uneventful due top little wind on the day so a lot of the events were pushed back. Also the fact it was so far away from where we were visually it was a non event. We left early to make the most of the football.
Have to say the atmosphere from the Moroccan fans was electric. They brought approx 55k fans into Marseille. Every single one of them danced and sang for almost 90mins.
The women's football. Well let's just say it was good to be there.

lAMTxqd.jpeg

e8jwfZ4.jpeg

P5TiDJC.jpeg

Nu0Ydk9.jpeg

3ymFwIn.jpeg

As a mere amateur a lot of it is just down to regulating body temperature. The cooler you can run your body the better you will be able to perform. Some athletes are just going to be able to control that better, whereas others will prefer to have as little clothing as possible.
Its the same with men as well where you have some wearing loser or shorter clothing than others who may prefer to wear tighter outfits.
Ah ha, makes sense.

I guess it's a bit like in swimming, they get out of those outfits as soon as they're done. Presumably the same works on track, whatever works for you as it's not like you're spending all day in it.

No issue with how much flesh any of the athletes want to show off, they're pretty much all prime specimens of humankind - I'd probably just tape my bits to stop flapping and wear nothing else if I looked that good.

Fair play to Toby for keeping calm when he fell off, I’d have been running around celebrating like crazy

I don't think he even realised until about a minute after the guy fell.

I’d love to but it doesn’t look quite the sport for the severely disabled :D

You would be surprised but yes, you're probably right!

No issue with how much flesh any of the athletes want to show off, they're pretty much all prime specimens of humankind - I'd probably just tape my bits to stop flapping and wear nothing else if I looked that good.

Read an article saying how its totally OK for women to ogle the male athletes and we men cannot complain because women have always been objectified. Her argument would make sense if I had ever heard a man complain about women admiring them. Ogle away. One of the big stories before the olympics seemed to be the number of them using onlyfans to top up their salaries...

Surprised by how much I actually enjoyed watching climbing

Apart from the speed climbing which I enjoyed, today's climbing didn't interest me. Watch any videos by Alex Honnold and you'll be on the edge of your seat. He's the world's best at free soloing rocks/ mountains that are thousands of feet high and he uses no ropes, no attachments of any sort. He's utterly mad.

The B-Girls are about to get going. They all use their B-names or whatever they are called. :D
Not sure what to make of this, watching now and some of its OK, some is just dreadful. Raygun from Australia is terrible, looks like me trying to get home from the pub and into bed.

Last edited:
Not sure what to make of this, watching now and some of its OK, some is just dreadful. Raygun from Australia is terrible, looks like me trying to get home from the pub and into bed.

I only watched the first one and thought "meh" and turned over to the weightlifting. I will go and have another look on demand.

Back
Top Bottom