Paris Olympics 2024

e: who was it - it's not really her song

time zone is always problematic though when in USA ... to wit. have been catching up on the surfing via discovery;
maybe BBC, if it is still here will give better coverage too, with rights.

Last edited:
e: who was it - it's not really her song

time zone is always problematic though when in USA ... to wit. have been catching up on the surfing via discovery;
maybe BBC, if it is still here will give better coverage too, with rights.

BBC will have the same rights as this one, Eurosport have the European broadcast rights until 2032

BBC will have the same rights as this one, Eurosport have the European broadcast rights until 2032
I've been mostly alright with the coverage this time around except Gabby Logan and those asshat pundits on the athletics. It was infuriating to hear the crowd going mad over things they'd rather talk over than actually show. **** the lot of them. They simply are not fans of the sport. Glad Denise has ****ed off. If only the rest would follow. :/

4th for Australia? I'll take that.

9tmh2m.png

:cool:

I've been mostly alright with the coverage this time around except Gabby Logan and those asshat pundits on the athletics. It was infuriating to hear the crowd going mad over things they'd rather talk over than actually show. **** the lot of them. They simply are not fans of the sport. Glad Denise has ****ed off. If only the rest would follow. :/
Not sure I agree and I thought it was pretty obvious that a lot of the events are not broadcast live and it makes an awful lot of sense to do it that way.

And frankly, I don’t the average viewer could even follow it if it was, particularly when you have people doing infield events in the middle of longer races. Stuff just needs to be cut together later as a montage.

Some stuff like medal ceremonies don't make great TV except for the 1 min where they put the medals on and play the anthem. Likewise the athlete announcements are curtailed because they take too long.

The vast majority of people don’t tune into athletics outside of the olympics, they need the pundits to explain the who’s who and how a lot of these events even work and why they are difficult.

Not sure I agree and I thought it was pretty obvious that a lot of the events are not broadcast live and it makes an awful lot of sense to do it that way.

And frankly, I don’t the average viewer could even follow it if it was, particularly when you have people doing infield events in the middle of longer races. Stuff just needs to be cut together later as a montage.

Some stuff like medal ceremonies don't make great TV except for the 1 min where they put the medals on and play the anthem. Likewise the athlete announcements are curtailed because they take too long.

The vast majority of people don’t tune into athletics outside of the olympics, they need the pundits to explain the who’s who and how a lot of these events even work and why they are difficult.
Totally agree with this. I accept tuning into the Olympics for sports I love often means ignore the punditry which is aimed at making it accessible/entertaining for people that only watch these events every 4 years, but without the Olympics a lot of those sports would be non-viable.

I enjoyed the BBC coverage, I thought they did a generally decent job. Yes, some things weren’t shown live but they always went back to them at a later date.

I did switch between them and Discovery+ for some things but found the commentary and punditry far better on the BBC. If the event I was watching was being shown on there, I’d switch straight back over.

even though discovery/eurosport still has eu rights £1Bn - did bbc pay too little/much for their sub-letting, that commercialization aspect really subverts the ethicakl olympic ideals,
(but I don't remember seeing much prominent product placement - so coke failed, Nike was the only accidental reminder in closing ceremony)
discovery interface to access individual sports, especially if mobile viewing will proliferate for next olympics is much better - search sport then related events on the day yoyu want to watch

whether next olympics could have more camera angles via head-cams (like formula one)

Great Olympics

Watching Steph, bron and KD team up and wing a 5th straight gold was amazing. 20 years of pure dominance by the US

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom