• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

For those of us running 4k, the Pascal Titan does make sense. I'm opting for that over the 1080 mainly for the 12GB vram.

Again, does anyone here know if the Geforce UK store ships to all parts of the UK, including Northern Ireland? I called them up but got through to the US, and they didn't know..

I bloody wish we knew if a 1080 ti was on the way after the titan x.

My 980s can run most at 1440p but they do get hot " and rise of the tomb raiders crash's saying needs more v ram xD"

At £1200 I will wait till xmas and see what appears or not as the sli 980's run most stuff atm

$1200 = £1200 with current gouge UK translation.

So if you factor in the Brexit weakening the pound, plus extra retailer gouge tax on low stock / new niche product. My guess is that it will come in at £1289 UK pounds for the new Pascal Titan X.

There will be no retailer extra gouge tax, as it is being sold only though NVidia on their own website. which at the moment, you can get a 1080 founders for £20 cheaper than you can get one here, whereas here the 1070 is a penny cheaper. :D

For those of us running 4k, the Pascal Titan does make sense. I'm opting for that over the 1080 mainly for the 12GB vram.

Again, does anyone here know if the Geforce UK store ships to all parts of the UK, including Northern Ireland? I called them up but got through to the US, and they didn't know..

Still doesn't make that much sense. 4k with 8gb is fine. Heck I ran 4gb 980 SLI like yourself with no issues at 60fps in most games at 4k.

Single card 60fps 4k and settings to suit wont come anywhere close to 8gb nevermind 12gb.

There will be no retailer extra gouge tax, as it is being sold only though NVidia on their own website. which at the moment, you can get a 1080 founders for £20 cheaper than you can get one here, whereas here the 1070 is a penny cheaper. :D

Sold by nvidia only for now. Partner cards will be available shortly after launch.

Still doesn't make that much sense. 4k with 8gb is fine. Heck I ran 4gb 980 SLI like yourself with no issues at 60fps in most games at 4k.

Single card 60fps 4k and settings to suit wont come anywhere close to 8gb nevermind 12gb.
Ah but I want to go overkill, just once :D

Seriously though, I just don't want to worry about having to upgrade my GPU for some time. With the Titan releasing so soon after the 1080, it just seems the better option out of the two, for me anyway.

Seriously though, I just don't want to worry about having to upgrade my GPU for some time. With the Titan releasing so soon after the 1080, it just seems the better option out of the two, for me anyway.

Understandable :p i'd have one myself if I didn't have 1080 SLI. Certainly couldnt bring myself to buy two. Then I would have to give up a kidney.

I bloody wish we knew if a 1080 ti was on the way after the titan x.

its a tacked on certainty as Nvidia will want an outlet for the chips that either don't quite yield enough quality and to b) keep the AIB manufacturers happy. Christmas is a good bet as there will be a lot of gaming hype around the Playstation Neo that Nvidia and AMD will want to ride on. There is quite a bit of cross sell available once Sony ramp up the VR marketing spend, its partly why AMD and Nvidia are labelling against VR now, is to coat-tail on the massive Sony marketing budget for their Playstation.

its a tacked on certainty as Nvidia will want an outlet for the chips that either don't quite yield enough quality and to b) keep the AIB manufacturers happy. Christmas is a good bet as there will be a lot of gaming hype around the Playstation Neo that Nvidia and AMD will want to ride on. There is quite a bit of cross sell available once Sony ramp up the VR marketing spend, its partly why AMD and Nvidia are labelling against VR now, is to coat-tail on the massive Sony marketing budget for their Playstation.

No so sure as unlike previous Titans these are already cut down failed chips.

So for a 1080ti you would need failed, failed chips.

I have bought every high end card that has been released in the last few years and sold on at the right time before the next one is launched and I have hardly lost a penny.
I have already sold my aftermarket 1080 on for a nice profit (because the good ones aren't available anywhere, Nvidia did me a favour with the poor launch) and I am ready to buy the Titan X immediately and I will do the same with that card.
It is a win win for me.

I have bought every high end card that has been released in the last few years and sold on at the right time before the next one is launched and I have hardly lost a penny.
I have already sold my aftermarket 1080 on for a nice profit (because the good ones aren't available anywhere, Nvidia did me a favour with the poor launch) and I am ready to buy the Titan X immediately and I will do the same with that card.
It is a win win for me.

Not sure if that's down to luck, skill, or dummynumbnut buyers overpaying but well done anyway.
I'm not so lucky :(

It is a win win for me.

Bloody hell why bother? Surely all your time is spent up by stipping down and refitting GFX cards? Too much faff for my liking, I just buy one when I feel like it, the potential resale value of my current card doesn't really come into it.

Bloody hell why bother? Surely all your time is spent up by stipping down and refitting GFX cards? Too much faff for my liking, I just buy one when I feel like it, the potential resale value of my current card doesn't really come into it.

Well I really only buy one card a year. I am only doing it twice now because of damn Nvidia releasing the Titan, just 5 minutes after the 1080.

OcUK will not be selling or supporting this product. NVIDIA only guys! :)

Damn, I read that only in the USA you would have to buy direct from Nvidia.
Even the sales guys at Overclockers told me you would be selling it. Ah well, Nvidia it is then....will have to buy my own Haribo :(

Last edited:

and that's fine to a certain degree because it allows you to bump the clock speed with the volts it's the main thing the 980ti had over the Titan.

same chip, less units enabled but at a higher clock speed and moar volts.

If that's the way you're thinking you should probably wait for the 1080 Ti. It should be the full chip, so faster, also cheaper, and will come only a few months after the Titan (this has happened twice before).

This is only true for the Titan X. The original Titan was a failed chip, and they only brought out the Titan Black because it looked stupid for the 780 Ti to be much cheaper and faster than the Titan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom