• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

Maybe, but after the NVidia announcement saying only available through NVidia themselves and Gibbo's comments back in post 688 I'm not so sure.

I stand corrected :o

Anyhow EK luc confirmed blocks are in the design phase.

http://forums.evga.com/Pascal-Titan-x-m2520220.aspx

Sucks, wouldn't buy a £1200 nvidia card and void the warranty by putting blocks on. Poor move by nvidia.

More chance of digging up a baked potato than nvidia allowing waterblock warranty.

Last edited:
Don't know what NVidia are thinking, this looks like a kick in the teeth for their retail partners.

The other thing that springs to mind is do I start an owners thread on these forums as OcUK won't even be selling the card ?

I have bought all the Titans in the past and although they have all been enthusiast cards, they have all remained in the Geforce family. Why have Nvidia now completely separated their latest offering? Is it not to undervalue the new 1080's?
Surely they would sell more if they made them as easily available as the last Titan X. I am confused!

I have bought all the Titans in the past and although they have all been enthusiast cards, they have all remained in the Geforce family. Why have Nvidia now completely separated their latest offering? Is it not to undervalue the new 1080's?
Surely they would sell more if they made them as easily available as the last Titan X. I am confused!

Not sure either. I think at $1200, it does not risk devaluing the 1080 (even the 1080 FE).

Maybe it's to make the Titan line more appealing to those buying it as a alternative to the professional Quadro cards?

Not sure either. I think at $1200, it does not risk devaluing the 1080 (even the 1080 FE).

Maybe it's to make the Titan line more appealing to those buying it as a alternative to the professional Quadro cards?

Things is these are cut down failed chips and they will only have so many.

Lets say you only have a 1000. If you think you can sell all 1000 at $1200 why sell cheaply at $900? You can only sell them once.

Maybe someone in Nvidia HQ realised that for reference type Titan cards, AIBP's (board partners) are not offering much value to Nvidia. If Nvidia are producing the chips and the boards, assembling them aannnnd also designing annnnnd providing the cooler. What value are the AIBP's offering, similar question for Founders Edition.

I think due to the low volume of the Titan, whats the point ?

It also plays into the Nvidia strategy for corporate sales where they don't use AIBP's.

Eventually there may not be many AIBP's left as many more will be playing games via Cloud providers so Nvidia are testing their own retail model out.

So no Ti in 3 months time then....or ever....??

Well with this Titan not been the full chip it doesnt leave much space between it and the 1080.

and if they cut it down too much further it will be unlikely the ti will then offer same or better performance than the titan so whats the point?

On the other hand they like milking every penny so could release a slightly slower ti and then even a full chip titan later as well.

Tomorrow is the big day then. I won't be buying this time I am sad to say but I look forward to seeing those who do's feedback. No doubt these cards will run games like a boss though.

Back
Top Bottom