• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

I am pretty much sure that AMD wont have any answer to pascal till 2017. AMD has learn their lesson from Fury X release that they are not a high end product company. They are more like budget brand and more towards console.

hate the fact when i see complaints about its high price...

specially when you see Nvidia's 12GB QUADRO K6000 listing for £4k. I think the last Gen Titan diluted the Titan's Gene Pool... yes this will sell a shed loads! just like the first generation thanks to its high FP64 count, playing Games is a Bonus.
Bit like seeing Performance cars now a days, bought to do to Waitrose and back and will never see the track in its life time lol

Ti will be for the gamers yet will will have a nice FP64 count aswell.
Poor mans workstation card :D

Damn, Nvidia is being relentless. I honestly did not expect this card til early 2017, especially with a brand new process.

So I would guess they are going back to the Kepler Titan model. Titan X early on while AMD has absolutely nothing to counter with, then a 1080Ti early 2017 when Vega is expected to hit.

I wonder if this means that Nvidia are confident of getting Volta out by Fall of next year? Cant imagine they'd want to go the entire 2017 year without a new card lineup. That's.......gonna be interesting. If Volta is good, AMD may have to rely on refreshes and price drops by the end of the year like they did in 2014.

Well if its £400 + over 1080 then I expect £400 pound worth extra frame rates!!
Since when have high end products, especially GPU's, ever worked like this?

Hang on, a comment on the guru3d article just made me think:

Why is this only 12GB for a Titan card? The 1080 and 1070 are both 8GB, so surely this means the 1080 Ti will be 12GB too (or even 16GB HBM2)?

Wouldn't it be VERY odd for the 1080 Ti to have the same (or more) memory than the Titan card? And surely the Ti couldn't have only 8GB.

Why isn't it using HBM2?

My guess is what I've been saying all along, Having the memory alongside the gpu means it can't overclock well and Nvidia rely on that ability with gpu boost.

EDIT: With 480gb's a second available it doesn't really need HBM.

Another reason may simply be because they want it out on the market and going with HBM means a delay.

Last edited:
What is the purpose of this card? To make 1080 owners feel bad they don't own the fastest card anymore?

Some have not even received their aftermarket 1080s on preorder and it's already been knocked off as the fastest :eek:

Doesn't compare at this price anyway but a 1080Ti under $900 should be more interesting.

If I was to have that choice (no chance as I want a custom 1080Ti) it would be the new Titan X every time. I'm biased though because of previous disappointment in multiple GPUs.

Can't stand it, like with the new Doom only one card works. When I had the 295x2 the Witcher 3 didn't scale for over a month, the game was really long awaited so that sucked big time. So many DX12 games have had zero scaling on release and I'm interested in the big Xbox One games that are all coming to pc on DX12.

Wish I could wait for 1080Ti but soon as I get my case which should be at most 1-2 weeks kind of need finalise set up while I have the money so to speak. Yeah I was considering the Titan X for exact reason you basically said SLI isn't even fully supported on big games shocked Doom still doesn't have that's a shame.

What is the purpose of this card? To make 1080 owners feel bad they don't own the fastest card anymore?
It's a flagship card.

Honestly, while the price is eye-watering, I think it's a *really* exciting card. Anytime the performance envelope gets pushed is great, but what's particularly interesting about this card is that it looks like it might be the first properly capable 4k/60fps card.

Single card 4k gaming is here.

Those clocks are really low. Looks like they're having a very hard time keeping it cool with the same old reference cooler. The same vapor chamber is having issues with the 1080, and the 250W Titan XP might be pushing it far too much.

Honestly I'm a little worried those low clocks mean it's not a huge jump over a 2Ghz 1080.

Then there's the fact that it has less CUDA cores than full P100, by a decent amount and is on a smaller die as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year we get a New New Titan X Black that's a full core with a better reference cooler, that also has better clocks.

Also the increase in price? Seems NVIDIA simply did raise the price on everything, and the new card came in where I expected. :/

Some have not even received their aftermarket 1080s on preorder and it's already been knocked off as the fastest :eek:

Doesn't compare at this price anyway but a 1080Ti under $900 should be more interesting.

My issue is the constant price raising. I paid less on launch day last year for my EVGA Superclocked 980Tis, than a 1080 does on launch and now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new 1080Ti comes in at $900-950

Last edited:
Faster and faster, but with no real innovation. AMD can't seem to keep up with the speed, but at least they are trying to bring new tech that actually improves things.

I remember when Nvidia came on the market and they were the game changer with T&L. Now all they are doing is making faster cards at extreme prices.

Not saying their stuff is good, but with all the money they make, why aren't they pushing the boundaries?

Those clocks are really low. Looks like they're having a very hard time keeping it cool with the same old reference cooler. The same vapor chamber is having issues with the 1080, and the 250W Titan XP might be pushing it far too much.

Honestly I'm a little worried those low clocks mean it's not a huge jump over a 2Ghz 1080.

Then there's the fact that it has less CUDA cores than full P100, by a decent amount and is on a smaller die as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year we get a New New Titan X Black that's a full core with a better reference cooler, that also has better clocks.

Also the increase in price? Seems NVIDIA simply did raise the price on everything, and the new card came in where I expected. :/

The TDP has gone up a lot more than the core count so yes I think there could be a cooling problem reducing efficiency.

The TDP has gone up a lot more than the core count so yes I think there could be a cooling problem reducing efficiency.

It certainly does look like it. The normal Titan X had throttling issues under heavy load wit the reference cooler. They only really shone under water.

Seems the new card looks more prone to heat issues, so "if" someone buys one, they really should stick a block on it.

Then again with a smaller die, and less cores; I'd rather wait and see if they pull another Titan Black at this state.

I was waiting for Big Pascal and Vega before getting a big new gpu, but hmmm. Not to convinced on this new Titan.

Unless they sort out 4 way SLI for Pascal NVidia could find themselves in a position where the old TXs beat out the new ones.:eek:

4 against 2 sure but that's not really a problem and to be expected, What's the percentage of 3 and 4 way gamers. I'd lay money on it being 0.something. The case is the new double layered SLi offers a better experience, on top of that Pascal has distinct advantages in VR and Titan X owners are the sort of gamers that will be buying VR headsets so they've got it's superiority pretty much covered.

will be in the market for a new gfx card next month, will have to see if the reviews on this and consider carefully before getting this or a 1080

Back
Top Bottom