• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

Associate
OP
So it looks like under water the cards will still be voltage/BIOS limited. I get no throttling but without more voltage/modified BIOS ~2100 MHz is looking like the limit under water. Works for me though as these cards scream at 2.1 GHz.

Bring on the modded BIOS!

Soldato
Pascal doesn't scale with low ambients, those who have used 1080s will already know this.

Ordered at 14:14, came today before midday (Parcelforce), shipping email came at 17:45.

Takes the biscuit, i ordered moments after you, there can't have been many at all. Paper launch ftw

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29857842#post29857842

Pm me your order number will you? Lol Digital River wanted proof someone who ordered at the same time has recieved, as it's supposed to be first come first serve.

Last edited:
Associate
Takes the biscuit, i ordered moments after you, there can't have been many at all. Paper launch ftw

To be fair, it does say the cut-off for dispatches every day is 2PM.

Perhaps the first few hundred orders placed after 2 were processed, but had to stop somewhere...

Got the same nonsense on the phone, saying the product is "not released" until the 9th. Ordered at 14:25. Hopefully it turns up tomorrow :)

Soldato
Its actually very easy you just need to be careful and follow the instructions

You can if you really dont want to get your hands dirty get an EKWB block and have it Pre-filled to use with their predator system which works like an all in one system

check the EK website for details on predator

but yeah blocking a card is very easy but do some research first is all i'll say ;)

Thank you mate.

Soldato
To be fair, it does say the cut-off for dispatches every day is 2PM.

Perhaps the first few hundred orders placed after 2 were processed, but had to stop somewhere...

Got the same nonsense on the phone, saying the product is "not released" until the 9th. Ordered at 14:25. Hopefully it turns up tomorrow :)

Who knows. I wish they wouldn't use Digital River. Their tracking and customer service is crap. Especially when you're paying through the nose for a halo product. Hope they take note and don't shunt their AIBP in future.

Soldato
So it looks like under water the cards will still be voltage/BIOS limited. I get no throttling but without more voltage/modified BIOS ~2100 MHz is looking like the limit under water. Works for me though as these cards scream at 2.1 GHz.

Sounds good enough for me, it's gotta stop somewhere on the stock bios it always does. Lets hope we see bios releases soon.

Soldato

How do you have a watercooled TX? Did you put a generic GPU block on it? eg. not a full cover block? So you have a watercooled TX at 2.1ghz?

Associate
OP
Got these babies all set up, time to dial in the overclocks for SLI.

Soldato
I see, wow.

Also I notice you have the noctua redux fans on the D15.. do you have anything between the fans and the heatsink? Rubber pads etc? Do the fans vibrate ? Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I see, wow.

Also I notice you have the noctua redux fans on the D15.. do you have anything between the fans and the heatsink? Rubber pads etc? Do the fans vibrate ? Thanks

Nope, nothing between the fans and heatsink. No noise/vibration.

Mother of god vega new world record sli score ?

Haha maybe for a few hours until people get Ln2 on them.

Associate
going through videocardz.com back into 2015 and when the Titan X launched rumors starting hitting their site barely a month later about a 980 Ti and then only 2 months in till gpu_z screenshots and performance numbers were leaked followed then by the release just a month later, there has always been something come out 3 months after a Titan launch and I think will be the same this time
Titan feb 2013
GTX 780 May 2013
Titan X march 2015
GTX 980 Ti June 2015
Titan X pascal August 2016
GTX 1080 Ti November 2016?

Caporegime
I don't think there will be a 1080ti or if there is it's not going to match or beat a Titan x this time.

If Titans can do 2.1ghz then a 1080ti isn't going to do any better even aib cards.

It's going to be cut down, maybe only 9gb or 8gb the same as the 1080.

If you are lucky it will be halfway between a 1080 and Titan in performance and £800 to £850.

If I was spending that if put the extra to have a proper Titan. :) still thinking about it now :)

Back
Top Bottom