Password managers

Associate
Another one to look at is Ente which also has sync. Also comes with a desktop client for PC too.
Will also look at that. Can you set it up to have it set so you have authenticator app as default, and then have the email codes as a back up if something went wrong with the authenticator app.

Soldato
Will also look at that. Can you set it up to have it set so you have authenticator app as default, and then have the email codes as a back up if something went wrong with the authenticator app.
That's basically how 2FA works. The codes generated from the app is always first, while the backup codes are one time use and should be used if you don't have have access to your 2FA service.

EDIT: Unless you mean email as 2FA. Then that will depend on the service itself if you can pick with authentication to use.

Last edited:
Associate
That's basically how 2FA works. The codes generated from the app is always first, while the backup codes are one time use and should be used if you don't have have access to your 2FA service.

EDIT: Unless you mean email as 2FA. Then that will depend on the service itself if you can pick with authentication to use.
Yes I was meaning email as 2FA, I have had a read there is a suggestion you can have it as a secondary but I can't see a way you can do it, maybe it's changed now.

Edit: Found this :

Using multiple methods​

You can enable multiple two-step login methods. When you log in to a vault that has multiple enabled methods, Bitwarden will prompt you for the highest-priority method according to the following order of preference:

1. Duo (organizations)
  2. FIDO2 WebAuthn
  3. YubiKey
  4. Duo (individual)
  5. Authenticator app
  6. Email

Last edited:
Associate
Back again lol

Does anyone have log in problems in this forum with Bitwarden? If I tap on username autofill doesn't pop up, but if i tap in the password space then autofill pops up and fills it n.

I'm also having trouble with autofill on my Samsung Tablet sometimes it doesn't fill it in at all.

Both devices are android the tablet is old so it might be causing some problems.

Reactions: R3X
Soldato
Back again lol

Does anyone have log in problems in this forum with Bitwarden? If I tap on username autofill doesn't pop up, but if i tap in the password space then autofill pops up and fills it n.

I'm also having trouble with autofill on my Samsung Tablet sometimes it doesn't fill it in at all.

Both devices are android the tablet is old so it might be causing some problems.
No issues on desktop with both Firefox and Vivaldi, and my Pixel phone. Samsung tablet too, but I'm using LineageOS on that.

For Android it's normal for the autofill popup to only appear when tapping on the password field. However, it should be using the new API that brings a button on top of the keyboard. This does require the app to support it though. I have seen cases where Samsung's OneUI doesn't work with this on the Bitwarden subreddit for some reason, and not just Bitwarden but other password managers too. Only one that seems to work perfectly is Samsung's own solution.

Associate
No issues on desktop with both Firefox and Vivaldi, and my Pixel phone. Samsung tablet too, but I'm using LineageOS on that.

For Android it's normal for the autofill popup to only appear when tapping on the password field. However, it should be using the new API that brings a button on top of the keyboard. This does require the app to support it though. I have seen cases where Samsung's OneUI doesn't work with this on the Bitwarden subreddit for some reason, and not just Bitwarden but other password managers too. Only one that seems to work perfectly is Samsung's own solution.
OK that's good that it's normal for it to only work in the password field. My phone is behaving normal.

My Tablet doesn't like this forum that much, it occasionally works but 98% of the time it doesn't. It could well be because I'm running Android 8.1.0, it doesn't seem to support the API where it sits on top of the keyboard even though I swear it was doing that but now it isn't. It only pops up with go to my vault, when I press on it it takes me to the vault but when I press overclockers it doesn't fill it in.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK that's good that it's normal for it to only work in the password field. My phone is behaving normal.

My Tablet doesn't like this forum that much, it occasionally works but 98% of the time it doesn't. It could well be because I'm running Android 8.1.0, it doesn't seem to support the API where it sits on top of the keyboard even though I swear it was doing that but now it isn't.
Ah, in that case it could be it, I believe the new autofill API was introduced around Android 11ish. It even appears when on the username field. It basically looks like this (Inline Autofill section): https://bitwarden.com/help/auto-fill-android/

Associate
Ah, in that case it could be it, I believe the new autofill API was introduced around Android 11ish. It even appears when on the username field. It basically looks like this (Inline Autofill section): https://bitwarden.com/help/auto-fill-android/
Well autofill seems to be working with Firefox.But Chrome is a no go.

EDIT: I think its to do with a old version of android on my Tablet:confused: it just doesn't want to play nice with Android Chrome. Works straight away with my phone running Android 14. And also works as it should with Chrome running in Windows 11.

Its a right bummer as I use my Tablet for most of my stuff.

Last edited:

Rab

Rab

Associate
was using lastpass for a while like rest, till read about attack, have had no faults with Bitwarden since. but as said in previous post's . these company's are a real prime targets.
probs only a matter of time tbh with a lot of passwords companies.

R3X

R3X

Soldato

I had this exact same issue with Bitwarden but it was last spring I was trying it and it happen regularly on several websites I visit. I could not find any fix either other then going back to my daily password manager in Lastpass.

Yes I may just be the last one to use LP around here:D (I have beefed up LP security)

But having said that, I tested several others, 1password, dashlane, protonpass and few other top ones and they all had the similar glitches where autofill or the password pop up box would fail to display making it impossible to log in. Closing the browser or restarting chrome or opening another chrome tab and that sometimes would fix it though but not always, not sure if its the same for yourself.

Same issue found on Firefox also. I used each password manager for a good week also and tried from fresh (no imports) just to make sure there was no glitch on my part or as best as I could. Course the issue could have been something else, I do have lots of registry windows tweeks and ooshutup.

The only other password manager that did not have that glitch I tried was nordpass, which tbh was pretty rock solid however I did not like its mobile app and found it buggy. And just like most of the other free password managers it restricts how many characters in your Notes you can use which is also another reason why I stick with LP.

If you do or anyone else finds a fix around that glitch id be interested.

Associate
I had this exact same issue with Bitwarden but it was last spring I was trying it and it happen regularly on several websites I visit. I could not find any fix either other then going back to my daily password manager in Lastpass.

Yes I may just be the last one to use LP around here:D (I have beefed up LP security)

But having said that, I tested several others, 1password, dashlane, protonpass and few other top ones and they all had the similar glitches where autofill or the password pop up box would fail to display making it impossible to log in. Closing the browser or restarting chrome or opening another chrome tab and that sometimes would fix it though but not always, not sure if its the same for yourself.

Same issue found on Firefox also. I used each password manager for a good week also and tried from fresh (no imports) just to make sure there was no glitch on my part or as best as I could. Course the issue could have been something else, I do have lots of registry windows tweeks and ooshutup.

The only other password manager that did not have that glitch I tried was nordpass, which tbh was pretty rock solid however I did not like its mobile app and found it buggy. And just like most of the other free password managers it restricts how many characters in your Notes you can use which is also another reason why I stick with LP.

If you do or anyone else finds a fix around that glitch id be interested.
With logging on in this forum I think it's just down to my Samsung Tablet running a old version of Android. I haven't had any problems using my phone or using Firefox and Chrome on Windows 11. I am running into problems logging in on the NHS app on my phone.

Associate
Slowly getting use to Bitwarden, Just recently switched to Argon2id should i be adjusting those settings or are the default settings good enough?

Soldato
I don't like the idea of some 3rd party company, who could go out of business, or increase pricing structure at anytime, have all my passwords. So instead I save my passport list as a draft email which I can access on all my devices. Maybe not the most secure way of storing them.

Back
Top Bottom