PATRIOT INSANITY CHRISTMAS DEALS - 16GB 4400MHz @ £99 AND 32GB 3200MHz @ £99

Soldato
I've got a kit of the 3600mhz variant, they don't work well at XMP, even tried 3400mhz and it was still unstable at the XMP timings, even when inputted manually :(

Happy with it at stock but I might end up getting into contact with Patriot and setting up a RMA, will update the BIOS when I try again, wonder if I got a poor memory controller?

One other thing to be careful with is I've heard people have had an issue with the heatsinks falling off, mine are a little wobbly so it's something I can certainly see happening.

Soldato
Most games won't use 32gb... so if gaming then really the faster 16gb kit will probably be better overall.

The only game I personally have that breaks that rule is star citizen, which can happily eat up around 18gb but it's alpha and not exactly optimised.

Soldato
Gibbo, how long is this deal on for?

I'm currently eyeing this package to upgrade from my 6700k... use is mostly gaming and 3d design with some associated rendering.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £870.34 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Associate
Excellent prices. I paid just under £100 for the 4000Mhz kit a few months back thinking it was an amazing not to miss price. Now I'm thinking do I buy a second set or even get the 4400Mhz kit, although pastymunchers comment above is putting me off that idea.

Associate
Above 3600 MHz you're using a divider with Ryzen, so unless you're benchmarking and going for really high frequencies isn't 3600 MHz with tight timings, like the 8Pack Dark Pro kit, the best way to go?

Associate
Hmm, really don't need it for anything much, but very tempting to grab 32GB for my second system and spend more time messing about with virtualization and things :p

Soldato
Do these overclock. What advantage do you actually gain? Ie. Coupled with a ryzen3600 what gains would you get from 3200mhz to 3600mhz?

Soldato
Gibbo, how long is this deal on for?

I'm currently eyeing this package to upgrade from my 6700k... use is mostly gaming and 3d design with some associated rendering.

Total: £870.34 (includes shipping: £10.50)

do it! But personally would go 4000hz kit at £80 x 2 and thats £40 saving ! Also look at pushing the Ultra, same PCB layer count but yes VRM is slightly lower but it still handles 16 cores just fine and your after 8 core above. Another £69 saving + £40 for ram is £109 saving total!

3700x to to 3900x with @Gibbo deal is £190 .

And that could be made up with 3600 kit at ( 2x £68.99 ) £137.98 + Ryzen 3900x + x570 Ultra = £917 - so for £56 more your getting 12 core BEAST!

though with intel and AMD , IMC will always be better with two sticks vs four! 3200hz being £99 and can overclock to 3466hz easily enough that would land you £878.99 all in!!! food for thought!

you should get free shipping!

DE
Total: £879.93 (includes shipping: £0.00)

buildzoid with the ram kit but 3866hz

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8...treme-performance-ddr4-4400-review/index.html
^^^ ram can be set to 4600hz with same timing and voltage but by BLCK increase

Last edited:
Soldato

cheers for the thoughts, much appreciated.

My logic for the faster ram was that it would be likely pretty easy to run 3866 or 3600ish with tighter timings... I guess we are talking pretty marginal performance gains for the money though.

I’ll check out that video later, thanks for that!

re the 3700X, it’s not really a question of money so much as value. Not an issue to stretch to the 3900X if it’s going to be worth it but my plan was to drop in a higher end Zen3 chip next year... given the 3700X already doubles my 6700k core count and the rig is a majority gaming rig I figure the 3900X is a bit overkill. Not that I have a problem with overkill mind you! The fusion renders would certainly speed up with a 3900X as it’s all CPU bound... probably don’t render out enough to justify it purely on that basis though. I have been intending to teach myself blender though.

you’ve given me some food for thought. I shall have a think! I’m tempted to pick up the ram now as I would guess the prices are about as good as we can expect for the foreseeable, but wait until jan to see what the sales bring on the mobo and cpu front now that supply is normalising and the pound has jumped significantly.

much pondering to do....

Edit - found the x570 master for less dolla, will see if OCUK can price match. Might help sway me!

Last edited:
Associate
Used to own a kit, returned as one day the heat spreaders just fell off. At the time the PC was not in use, GPU in use had no back plate and the spreaders landed on it. Prior to purchase I had read about the issue, but thought perhaps it's just the early ones, but seems as if Patriot carried on with using same adhesive thermal tape.

OcUK Staff
OP

Price trend is up, DRAM extremely marginal. But SSD's have risen around 5% in past week and more rises expected in new year.
My memory contacts inform me on DRAM right now its far less dramatic so prices have held or gone up around a percent but they say next year will likely see rises due to production being shifted heavily to mobile devices more so than previous years.

At least the prices hit bottom for peak season and Christmas time, which makes a nice change. :)

Soldato
Price trend is up, DRAM extremely marginal. But SSD's have risen around 5% in past week and more rises expected in new year.
My memory contacts inform me on DRAM right now its far less dramatic so prices have held or gone up around a percent but they say next year will likely see rises due to production being shifted heavily to mobile devices more so than previous years.

At least the prices hit bottom for peak season and Christmas time, which makes a nice change. :)

bottom line , above deals aint gonna get better then that :D

Definitely, lots of us enthusiasts know that now is the time for a ram upgrade!! New consoles next year are gonna be 16GB so that's the minimum going forward for sure :)

that and EAT and ram supply ! wondering if it will be GDDR6 or DDR4 . Technically wouln't of been to hard for AMD to have based Zen 2 with Memory controller for DDR5 just for consoles to have lower power draw & less chips . now.. will it be Sony or MS that uses default ram speed or 3200hz ...

Soldato
Just got my 4000mhz 8gb x4 in along with the 3900x, looking forward to having a play.

Initially though zen DRAM calculator is suggesting only 86% quality on the bin. Will have to see what we can achieve when I get a chance to play.

Back
Top Bottom