Payraise.. how much do you expect? how much did you get?

Military. The best way burn through tax-payer cash.
The military can have all my tax as far as I’m concerned.

It’s shameful how successive governments ‘defence reviews’ have stripped this country of bodies and equipment. If we could specify where some or all of our tax was allocated, I’d gladly send mine your way.

We got 7% this year, 5% next and 5% the next year so 17% over 3 years and with our payscales if you compound it 24% over 3 years. People are quite disappointed, 3 years is a really long time. We get an option to vote on it soon.

We got 7% this year, 5% next and 5% the next year so 17% over 3 years and with our payscales if you compound it 24% over 3 years. People are quite disappointed, 3 years is a really long time. We get an option to vote on it soon.

All being well with inflation remaining around 2%, thats a really decent package... What were people expecting and could those expectations be a hangover from the previous high inflation of the last 2 years?

All being well with inflation remaining around 2%, thats a really decent package... What were people expecting and could those expectations be a hangover from the previous high inflation of the last 2 years?

Similar companies got a 3 year deal of 30% roughly without their yearly increment, so I imagine people were hoping for something above 20%. The 5% in the next 2 years are not backstopped by RPI, I doubt inflation will be above 5% but it would have seemed sensible to get that in. Our company is expected to make between 7-8 billion GBP this year and the only bonus we get is limited to 6% basic salary if targets are met!

Our American colleagues are easily on double or triple what we make. I imagine that is similar for a lot of industries unfortunately.

Similar companies got a 3 year deal of 30% roughly without their yearly increment, so I imagine people were hoping for something above 20%. The 5% in the next 2 years are not backstopped by RPI, I doubt inflation will be above 5% but it would have seemed sensible to get that in. Our company is expected to make between 7-8 billion GBP this year and the only bonus we get is limited to 6% basic salary if targets are met!

Our American colleagues are easily on double or triple what we make. I imagine that is similar for a lot of industries unfortunately.
6% bonus must mean your base pay is quite high tho?

Comparison to US is folly, it is a completely different market.

In our union the salaries ranged from 78k-173K basic last year.

So even the lowest paid will end up on 96k over the 3 years, or an £18,500 increase... Quite decent really. (I ignored the bonus as this isn't guaranteed)

EDIT: I will add that the bonus doesn't seem generous at all for the turnover of the company :(

Last edited:
I just got reminded that the tax thresholds are frozen till 2028, that's another 4 years before I can give myself a payraise as anything extra is popped into my pension at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom