5800x3d @ stock
7900 gre @ stock
Msi gaming plus b550
Be quite big air cooler
M.2 nvme crucial p5 plus 2tb
rm850x
32gb x2 sticks 3200 with xmp enabled

I am using a brand new surge protector ill try plugging pc stright to wall

As i say it can go days even weeks then it will crash more annoying than anything just spent 1200 quid and same issue ha

Associate
OP
ive done that when i built the new pc been looking online and its points to the screens being different hz can cause problems thinking of buying new cables there anything special i should look for in dp cables ?

Soldato
Have you checked event viewer to see why its crashing?

This may help narrow down what is causing the system to crash

Have you tried the system with the 5700XT in and taking our the 7900 GRE?

Edit, how have you powered the GPU from the PSU? is it 1 cable split in to 2 x 8 pins or is it 2 x PSU cables going to each 8 pin connecter?

I would run 2 x separate cables from the PSU to the GPU and make sure you are not using 1 cable that splits to 2 x 8 pins

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I am using x2 cables from the psu it used to crash with the 5700xt thats why I bought new gpu next time it crashes ill check the log this is so frustrating

thanks all for the help

Soldato
I am using x2 cables from the psu it used to crash with the 5700xt thats why I bought new gpu next time it crashes ill check the log this is so frustrating

thanks all for the help
So you have now replaced everything, done an OS re install and still getting the issues?

What are you using for storage? I assume this was not replaced?

Do you have a spare HDD\SSD that you can use and do a clean install on that?

Are you using the same ram as I can see both systems are DDR 4, could try a mem test

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have changed everything new ram new m.2 its totally new pc with new os only thing that's not changed is the monitors

There both on dp cables 1440p one is 3 year old 144hz witch is main for gaming and the other is 10 year olds with 60hz that all I use for is twitch and you tube or watching movies

I am at a lost it may only crash 3 times a month but its annoying and frustrating it can go 25 days no crash then boom so I've thought I've fixed it a few times and I've not I've read everything online tried all sorts nothing

Someone suggest use the psu plug in the mains not on surge protector but that sort of defeats the object

Maybe gaming on one for a while but it's hard going back to one monitor it passes all stress tests I do on it

Soldato
I have changed everything new ram new m.2 its totally new pc with new os only thing that's not changed is the monitors

There both on dp cables 1440p one is 3 year old 144hz witch is main for gaming and the other is 10 year olds with 60hz that all I use for is twitch and you tube or watching movies

I am at a lost it may only crash 3 times a month but its annoying and frustrating it can go 25 days no crash then boom so I've thought I've fixed it a few times and I've not I've read everything online tried all sorts nothing

Someone suggest use the psu plug in the mains not on surge protector but that sort of defeats the object

Maybe gaming on one for a while but it's hard going back to one monitor it passes all stress tests I do on it
I was about to say have you tried the 1 monitor instead of the 2 yet to see if it sorts the issue?

As annoying as it is to go back to 1 I think thats the last thing to try.

Last edited:
Associate
Have you run DDU & performed a clean driver install for the gpu?

Any third party software, RGB stuff like iCue etc?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've changed the dp cables yesterday and it crashed this afternoon so only think left to change is the old 60hz monitor but I don't think that would cause crashes I am running out of ideas

Man of Honour
I've changed the dp cables yesterday and it crashed this afternoon so only think left to change is the old 60hz monitor but I don't think that would cause crashes I am running out of ideas
I know you really don't want to try it, but you really should try it.

It most certainly can and does cause problems running multimonitor setups (especially with high refresh and mixed refresh rates) and you can look into fixes if it turns out to be your issue.

Soldato
Was about to say the last thing you don't want to try your going to have too by the looks of it.

if you had tested it when first mentioned you would have known by now and be back using it or on to troubleshooting this issue instead.

Soldato
That was me.

As you have a complete new build and it is still not working, was suggesting it to rule out a bad surge protector.

Also as has been suggested many times, try using just 1 monitor.

Back
Top Bottom