PC Crashing after 10-15 minutes of Gameplay

Associate
The system crashes when playing any game between 10-15 minutes.

All my drivers are up to date, I did update my BIOS to the latest version I'm not sure if the issue started after updating the BIOS

Nothing is overclocked I disabled XMP but no joy

What would you suggest, downgrading the BIOS?

Sorry I thought the specs were in my signature

CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Mobo Gigabyte Aorurs Master X570 Cooling NZXT Kraken Z63 Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200 PSU EVGA SuperNova T2 1000w GPU MSI GeForce RTX 4080 SUPRIM X SSD 2 x Samsung 250GB 840 EVO M.2 Samsung 980 PRO Case Corsair Graphite 780T

Sorry I thought the specs were in my signature

CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Mobo Gigabyte Aorurs Master X570 Cooling NZXT Kraken Z63 Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200 PSU EVGA SuperNova T2 1000w GPU MSI GeForce RTX 4080 SUPRIM X SSD 2 x Samsung 250GB 840 EVO M.2 Samsung 980 PRO Case Corsair Graphite 780T

Ah, they might she but I can't see it in mobile view.

Have you looked at the error logs or done a memory test

Presume it's fine when doing other works like spreadsheets and internet surfing etc just games it's crashing

I can use the mouse but clicking trying to perform an action does not do anything the sound goes off I have to turn the power off or reset

Could this be a BIOS problem?
Since you recently updated your BIOS and the freeze does leave some kind of responsiveness rather than a 100% hard crash/freeze, I'd suggest updating your chipset drivers. AGESA updates can cause incompatibility issues with old software.

I've updated the chipset drivers
Do you run anything else alongside NZXT CAM like motherboard software? I'd try deleting/updating that too.

If the system hasn't actually fully frozen/crashed you might be able to get something useful out of the event viewer (check timestamps just before/around/after the crash).

Last edited:
It seems like this is happening no matter what I'm doing after about 15 minutes the system freezes even if I don't do anything and the monitor goes into standby I have to restart the system

I am running a memory test and will check event viewer

Last edited:
It seems like this is happening no matter what I'm doing after about 15 minutes the system freezes even if I don't do anything and the monitor goes into standby I have to restart the system
It could be a bug on the newer BIOS with the PCIE management and something being sent to sleep?

Back
Top Bottom