PC Crashing after 10-15 minutes of Gameplay

The system does not freeze now but after about 10-15 it's just unresponsive nothing I do registers
Have you looked at the event viewer yet?

I'd suggest you turn off all the PCIE power management stuffs you can in Windows power settings.

I am looking into event viewer as we speak, the motherboard booted into the recovery bios itself and shows the orange led how do you get out of the recovery and into the normal bios

Event viewer shows the folling errors:

The GameInput Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The GameInput Service service terminated with the following error:
The compound file GameInput Service was produced with a newer version of storage.

I am looking into event viewer as we speak, the motherboard booted into the recovery bios itself and shows the orange led how do you get out of the recovery and into the normal bios
Does this help at all?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/cxtuck/how_to_return_to_main_bios/?rdt=50581

I had this occur on my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master. On the motherboard there are two slider switches. One is for setting dual vs single bios mode and another is for setting master vs backup bios for the two chips. First, turn off your computer and make sure no power is applied (turn off the psu or pull the plug). Second, slide the switch to single mode. Then you can try to boot. I had overclocked my memory and it would not boot, therefore, I used the clear cmos method. Again unplug, and press the clear cmos button. Plug back in and reboot, you should be in master. You can even change the single mode back to dual and then it should boot the master bios. You'll need to go back in and setup your config. Hope this helps.

i jave searched these erros and done what it suggested but no luck, i have tried uninstalling CAM, doing a memory test, checked system files.

I've uninstalled the AMD chipset drivers to see if these were the problem, after uninstalling I got a blue screen but then the system restarted normally. i am just waiting to see if the problem happeens again.

i jave searched these erros and done what it suggested but no luck, i have tried uninstalling CAM, doing a memory test, checked system files.

I've uninstalled the AMD chipset drivers to see if these were the problem, after uninstalling I got a blue screen but then the system restarted normally. i am just waiting to see if the problem happeens again.
Sometimes you just can't pinpoint the problem and it's worth doing a fresh install if windows.

Keep task manager up and see if there any process hogging/causing the issue.

I looked through the processes on task manager but nothing seemed out of the ordinary

As a last resort I downgraded the bios to earlier version and it seems to have done the trick. Can't believe it was the bios after all that. Very strange indeed

Any recent(ish) harware changes? do you have a spare gpu you could try to rule out a power issue, 40 series are much more stringent with regard to power, a 7 year old unit alhough 1000w could be struggling with the super.

Funny thing I tried to install AMD Chipset drivers today and soon as the setup started the system became unresponsive,

Anyone had any issues with these?

This may have been part of my problem

From what I've seen reported elsewhere, the chipset drivers can have problems if they don't match your BIOS/AGESA version (in both directions), so you may want to try an older package.

Yeah there was a post on amds website not long ago recommending uninstalling older versions before updating.

Try the above first then download the latest and see what the pc does after.

Just to confirm make sure to download the correct motherboard version, you have x570 so make sure to select this rather than any other in the list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom