PC Crashing after 10-15 minutes of Gameplay

Also I tried booting into recovery mood and it asks for my administrator password for my account, when entered it is always incorrect, i have also tried restting the password no luck

Any ideas

I honestly admire your perseverance sorting it out. I would’ve reinstalled Windows long ago, but that’s me. All my files are on other drives, so it’s more straightforward.
A long shot, but I would check your drive’s temperature.
I had some odd issues in the past when the GPU would dump all the heat over the main NVME drive.

If I was you I would test the drives in the system (all of them), the ones with windows install and if you have another drive with the games on etc. The drive(s) health maybe the issue and can cause such freezing you are seeing too.

Try CrystalDiskInfo and see what it states about the health of your drives in the system :- https://crystalmark.info/en/download/

Also read this regarding the pin issues (I suspect you have a drive that has corrupted and even damaged the windows pin data) :-

Last edited:
My drives are in RAID they don't show up if I try to install windows on the drive again without formatting

I also tried Hiren boot but the same my RAID does not show

What's the best way to get files from a RAID configuration?

Does anyone know how to reset the administrator password for Windows in recovery mode or what software I could use,

If I can get into recovery at least I can get into my drives and then start fresh after retrieving some data

I just had a brainwave, with regard to why your pc freezes when you install the chipset driver, that will be down to the raid you have setup, the chipset driver will install over what's been setup hence the freeze. It's possible that this last attempt may have damaged the raid array to the point the windows install and held pin code no longer work. A massive pain but I would say that's whats happened.

Look to reinstall windows but try not to go the raid route if you can help it.

Yeah I know what think I'll be ditching the RAID and just get a banger drive and use the others for storage

I'm thinking while I do that, someone said it maybe worth changing the PSU would you say its worth it or not

Last edited:
I've managed to boot from another drive and back my stuff up,

What I wanted to ask is, I am using windows 10 would you say windows 11 is good enough to use now

Also I know this is off topic but I will be upgrading to Zen 5 eventually, would you say the X870 boards are worth it over the X670

Last edited:
would you say the X870 boards are worth it over the X670
Puget have a chart on their website.

X870 is just B650E with mandatory USB 4.

X870E is X670E with mandatory USB 4.

There are some other updates, you'll get a newer BIOS with better CPU support so you're less likely to need a flash, WIFI7 versus 6E and higher declared memory support (though with the BIOS update and required changes most existing boards can get way higher speeds with 2 sticks than they may have originally stated in their specs).

Back
Top Bottom