*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Quality for £3.50 odd.

Late to the party, but if you're like me and missed out, Sonic racing transformed for the above on steam till tomorrow night.

Most fun iv'e had in ages:)

Associate
Why do simplycdkeys randomly pick customers requesting scans of ID ? Its absolute complete and utter b******S

2 of us buy a game, no problems other mate tries to buy it and you get this garbage.

Soldato
Why do simplycdkeys randomly pick customers requesting scans of ID ? Its absolute complete and utter b******S

2 of us buy a game, no problems other mate tries to buy it and you get this garbage.

It is fraud prevention, you can't really blame them considering game keys would be one of the main targets for scammers. Better it being random than every customer.

Soldato
is it 1 off - ie if you've bought something from them and not had a check- any chance you'll get randomly checked in future ?

just don't fancy giving that sort of info to the company if I'm honest

Associate
is it 1 off - ie if you've bought something from them and not had a check- any chance you'll get randomly checked in future ?

just don't fancy giving that sort of info to the company if I'm honest

Well my mate mailed them saying he does not have a scanner and they just sent him a key.

So it was pretty much the most useless crime prevention system in existence lol.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

lol :D

It is fraud prevention, you can't really blame them considering game keys would be one of the main targets for scammers. Better it being random than every customer.

Well I used CJS CD Keys and what they did was send me a text message with 4 digits which I used to verify and it was as simple as that. None of this send us your passport malarkey :rolleyes:

Just imagine, if someone wanted to do some ID theft, I know lets open a cd key company and randomly get customers to send us copies of their driving licences and passports... lol. And you know most won't even bother to blank out picture and other important details. :p

Well my mate mailed them saying he does not have a scanner and they just sent him a key.

So it was pretty much the most useless crime prevention system in existence lol.

Exactly. Unfortunately for me kinguin customer service came of as being rude. They made it sound like this practice on the internet was normal and I am the weird one to not sending them the details. The way they handled it made it more suspicious to me and not want to send them anything or shop from them ever again.

Associate
I might get a bit of derision from this but I decided against my better judgement to take a punt on COD Ghosts via the cheap offer on CD Keys over the weekend (£20 - not bad as COD games dont drop in price for a loooong time).

Word of warning: The download is 66gb! If you're on a slow connection or have download limits that is a frankly insane size for a game like that. Freaking Skyrim was only 6gb!

Yes I could have found that out for myself if I'd done a bit of research before buying it never occurred to me and given how small COD games used to be this one should have a big warning sign hanging from it pointing out that it was coded by a chimpanzee. I understand BF4 is in the region of 20 - 30gb range.

Back
Top Bottom