*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
They've been pretty good in the past, if you don't already have the games in them. I'm starting to struggle to see what they'll put in that isn't a repeat, though, unless they start putting Final Fantasy titles in there - and they've never done so before.

Soldato
They've been pretty good in the past, if you don't already have the games in them. I'm starting to struggle to see what they'll put in that isn't a repeat, though, unless they start putting Final Fantasy titles in there - and they've never done so before.

I am kind of hoping they throw in FF8 :D My fav, and haven't played it in ages!

Just Cause 3 was £6 on cdkeys a few weeks back (Black Friday weekend).

Wow that's a sweet deal!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Steam winter sale starts on Thursday (22nd), and ends 2nd Jan.

It will probably have 99% same deals as the recent sale. But it is still good to have sale coming I suppose, I managed to try a few games out in the last sale, got a refund back on all of them though sadly. lol.

Still playing The Evil Within. The story has not gripped me, otherwise it would have been completed by now. I am enjoying the gameplay though :)

Associate
Is it me or is the steam sales getting really boring these days? What is Valve doing these days, I have to say I see little of interest come from them now.

I used to think Valve were going places, now they just seem to sit back and scrap the cream of the Steam milk.

Real shame :(

Soldato
Is it me or is the steam sales getting really boring these days? What is Valve doing these days, I have to say I see little of interest come from them now.

I used to think Valve were going places, now they just seem to sit back and scrap the cream of the Steam milk.

Well yeah. It's not like a real store where sales are intended to get you into the store with enticing deals which are often plain deceiving (usually very limited stock on the sought after items) or to raise store awareness.

Steam already cornered the market and has near complete dominance and will continue to do so until something more attractive comes along (which doesn't seem like very likely anytime soon given the standard of some of their competitors, which are only surviving due to a select few AAA games) so they're hardly going to slash 50% off the price of a recently released top game.

It's not like they need sales to entice people to the platform. There's still some good deals on bundles, but great offers are going to be few and far between as frankly there is sod all reason to do so. It's not like Steam was brought out to be a caring platform for gamers - it's primary objective is to make money like any other business.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think steam is losing its grip. Their store is a mess of early access, dlc and shovelware. I buy most of my games elsewhere these days.

I still love the back end support though, they've got that sown up. A steam key is a must these days.

Soldato

Is it just you? Seriously? :p
We hear this before, during and after every Steam sale - There's no way they'll keep everyone happy :p

Associate
Tabletop Simulator

Tabletop Simulator is going for £6.74 on Bundlestars after using the WINTERSALE10 code for an extra 10% off.
Cheapest I've seen it for a couple of years though it regularly appears in all the sales for £7.50ish.
Offer ends in 9 hours.

Cheers :)

Associate
Steam knows they are starting to loose their grip - but what can they do? the next two best platforms are Origin - *and will say their CS us head and shoulders above Steam bar none - then again a potato is better than steam's CS* and GOG - gog's stand alone platform has come a long away - a lot of their sales actually good......and you can dl the exes - so none of this crap going into offline mode first before playing the games.

steam's backend is where they still are most excellent compared to rest - bar maybe EA - if GOG can get their back end as solid as steam - honestly only thing that would keep me using steam is some of the games I have on there ........ and most of my friends I play with are on steam :D if I can get them on gog.....;)

Back
Top Bottom