*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Fair play to the guys giving the codes out, although I've seen it happen on other forums where the codes are hoovered up by non-members lurking in the shadows. :eek:

Does OcUK have its own SteamGifts.com group??
Still gets hoovered all the same with no thank you many times.

I make people work to get their code. I ask that not only do they request the game they want on the forum, but also email me so I can reply to them with the code. Half the people want the code, do not even read past the first line so they wonder why someone else got the code in the end. lol

Soldato
Still gets hoovered all the same with no thank you many times.

I make people work to get their code. I ask that not only do they request the game they want on the forum, but also email me so I can reply to them with the code....
According to the rules at the top of the giveaway section no one should be posting the entire key and the process should be as you described.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
According to the rules at the top of the giveaway section no one should be posting the entire key and the process should be as you described.
Yea, that was not there before though I think. Plus people who want to give away a game code do not even look at rules sometimes and just post the code. Luckily does not happen often or recently :)

Associate
If I put a code up I'm not overly concerned who takes it... a thanks is nice but not expected and if it's taken by a non forum member maybe they might think it's a decent community and then join and add to it.

Permabanned
If I put a code up I'm not overly concerned who takes it... a thanks is nice but not expected and if it's taken by a non forum member maybe they might think it's a decent community and then join and add to it.
This. everything else is just plain small minded. although I agree people should stick to forum rules, but that why we have mods, they are pretty decent ones as well, so if it goes wrong they will sort it.

Soldato
This. everything else is just plain small minded. although I agree people should stick to forum rules, but that why we have mods, they are pretty decent ones as well, so if it goes wrong they will sort it.

It seems a bit quiet on the mod front in the pc section ATM, but I fully agree it should be either asked for or kept in the giveaway section. Even if I don't want any of the games offered it annoys the hell out of me when people who do can't get them because some scrote has had them away.

Soldato
Soma looks like Alien under the water. I'm in my 40s and still haven't bought Alien, even after the great reviews, because I know I'll brick myself. I guess Soma is the same?

It certainly has its intense moments but the intensity isn't sustained like it is in Alien. You're safe more often than you are in danger in SOMA - in Alien it's the opposite... I struggled with Alien at first it was so genuinely terrifying at times, even had a break of 3 months playing it, but after newly found resolve, I went back and completed it. I've never felt such a sense of achievement for 'beating' a game before - for having the courage and resolve to get through it!

Back
Top Bottom