*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Caporegime
It should be noted tho, that I'm one of the (minority of) people who hated GTA 5 for its awful driving physics.

So people who loved GTA 5 might well have a different opinion of San Andreas.

For me, SA is best GTA; GTA 4's driving was good, and GTA 5 - well I just couldn't play it, the driving physics was so arcadey and crap.

Soldato
It should be noted tho, that I'm one of the (minority of) people who hated GTA 5 for its awful driving physics.

So people who loved GTA 5 might well have a different opinion of San Andreas.

For me, SA is best GTA; GTA 4's driving was good, and GTA 5 - well I just couldn't play it, the driving physics was so arcadey and crap.

You're entitled to your opinion but honestly it's a game that's centred around doing very illegal things for the most part. I don't think driving realism was their aim :p.

I personally think San Andreas is the best of them all, followed by 5. But I don't know how well San Andreas will hold up now.

Caporegime
You're entitled to your opinion but honestly it's a game that's centred around doing very illegal things for the most part. I don't think driving realism was their aim :p.
Well SA didn't have exactly "realistic" driving either.

Like you say - it's a game. Until GTA5 that meant you had to pay a bit of attention to your driving, and you could lose control of vehicle, or fail to make a turn at high speeds.

In 5 (when I played it) the vehicles handled like the Tron light cycles. Ie you could make a right angle turn at 100mph just by pressing left.

The physics was also whack. I could no long push a car around in a huge truck. The insane traction that all vehicles had on the road meant that the car wouldn't budge, no matter the size/power differential.

The whole point of a (computer) game is that it normally makes some requirement of the player to face some level of challenge and overcome it.

Unfortunately (for me) a big part of GTA was always the driving (shooting was just a diversion). I've been playing since the original GTA.

In 5 they took all challenge away from the driving part. Heck they even let you slow time to make it even easier.

As you say it's just my opinion and nothing more. I personally couldn't live with a driving aspect that a kindergartener would find too easy.

So yeah - they threw out any kind of driving realism. But in doing so they also threw out any kind of challenge in the driving aspect. I couldn't even fall off a bike doing a 90 degree turn at 100 mph. Like I said, it was like being in Tron.

Associate
Well SA didn't have exactly "realistic" driving either.

Like you say - it's a game. Until GTA5 that meant you had to pay a bit of attention to your driving, and you could lose control of vehicle, or fail to make a turn at high speeds.

In 5 (when I played it) the vehicles handled like the Tron light cycles. Ie you could make a right angle turn at 100mph just by pressing left.

The physics was also whack. I could no long push a car around in a huge truck. The insane traction that all vehicles had on the road meant that the car wouldn't budge, no matter the size/power differential.

The whole point of a (computer) game is that it normally makes some requirement of the player to face some level of challenge and overcome it.

Unfortunately (for me) a big part of GTA was always the driving (shooting was just a diversion). I've been playing since the original GTA.

In 5 they took all challenge away from the driving part. Heck they even let you slow time to make it even easier.

As you say it's just my opinion and nothing more. I personally couldn't live with a driving aspect that a kindergartener would find too easy.

So yeah - they threw out any kind of driving realism. But in doing so they also threw out any kind of challenge in the driving aspect. I couldn't even fall off a bike doing a 90 degree turn at 100 mph. Like I said, it was like being in Tron.
I agree completely.
It wasnt just the driving physics that were downgraded in gta5 it was all physics. It ruined the game for me too, I much prefer gta4 for the more real gritty feel. Gta5 is just far too silly for me.
There are a ton of videos on youtube that compare gta4 vs 5 physics, they are a very interesting watch.

Back
Top Bottom