*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Does Assetto Corsa have F1 cars? Don’t own any racing games but it’s be nice to have a flutter. I’m only an F1 fan (well not so much after ‘21 and ‘22) but I think the AC games would provide more variety than the f1 game..

Soldato
Does Assetto Corsa have F1 cars? Don’t own any racing games but it’s be nice to have a flutter. I’m only an F1 fan (well not so much after ‘21 and ‘22) but I think the AC games would provide more variety than the f1 game..
it has some retro F1 cars. modernwise not so much but I am almost certain there.will be ones to download. some of the fan made content is just as good.

Soldato
Thanks. Looks like it has some f1 tracks out of the box though?
AC is more of a sandbox. Out of the box it offers a great lineup of cars and amazing physics.

However, the modding scene is incredible. You can join an online sim racing league running the current F1 calendar with updated tracks and cars each year for the most authentic F1 experience you can have.

Just a warning though it's an expensive and time consuming hobby.

Underboss
AC is more of a sandbox. Out of the box it offers a great lineup of cars and amazing physics.

However, the modding scene is incredible. You can join an online sim racing league running the current F1 calendar with updated tracks and cars each year for the most authentic F1 experience you can have.

Just a warning though it's an expensive and time consuming hobby.

do you have to pay a subscription ?

at that price, im tempted, as i enjoy project cars 2 (although not that good at it, i find it great fun)
i dont have a wheel though :(

Soldato
Thanks for the info. That sounds great, as @NZXT30 said, would you have to sub for that experience?
£6.06 for the ultimate edition
Should I get the ultimate edition for F1 stuff?

With regards to getting too deep into it, I’ve no interest buying a wheel for example. Is it still playable (read: fun enough) for a casual player? I don’t even have a controller but will probably buy one. I know it’s not a casual arcade game..

Just gotta get chores out of the way this morning then will get it bought!

Soldato
Thanks for the info. That sounds great, as @NZXT30 said, would you have to sub for that experience?

Should I get the ultimate edition for F1 stuff?

With regards to getting too deep into it, I’ve no interest buying a wheel for example. Is it still playable (read: fun enough) for a casual player? I don’t even have a controller but will probably buy one. I know it’s not a casual arcade game..

Just gotta get chores out of the way this morning then will get it bought!
I would not bother if you're not planning to get even a low spec wheel.

Soldato
Assetto corsa is playable on a pad... not something i would do - but then i used to prefer playing even need for speed hot pursuit on a wheel... but it is certainly doable if that is how you are used to playing racing games.

if you dont even have a pad tho then this game - or almost any racing game i can think of - is not for you.

Soldato
if you dont even have a pad tho then this game - or almost any racing game i can think of - is not for you.
Well I was planning on getting a controller for casual racing, but yeah rather than going down the route of buying a £6 sim in the Steam sale and then having to buy a £100+ wheel to play it... perhaps I should look at a more casual racer. Heh.

This made me laugh anyway; Can you play Assetto Corsa properly with a controller? :p

Back
Top Bottom