PC Reboots in games

Associate
I bought a PC from Overclockers last year (June-July time) to play Warzone and Black Ops only.

If I try and play the game in any graphics configuration above minimum quality, the PC reboots without warning after a few minutes of playing, or even just sat on the menu screen.

The reboot is literally a click -> power cycle.

I am running the latest available BIOS and drivers. I have not overclocked. It appears that this happens when available video memory is low, but I would not have expected this to cause a total reboot of the machine.

The box is:
  • 19-9900K 3.6GHz
  • Vulcan Z T-Force 32GB PC4-24000C16 3000MHz
  • Palit GeForce RTX 2070 Super Game Rock 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express
Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? I did raise a support query in December, but no response. Interested in any theories or suggestions.

Soldato
Associate
That was quick :D

PSU - Not sure, not listed on order or on product spec (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...ee-lake-refresh-ddr4-gaming-pc-fs-153-og.html is the one I got but with a few 'uplifts'), but IIRC it's 1000W.

I'm not against getting a better PSU...

BTW - No dust *at all*
You play games in a vacuum? There's always dust! Sounds like a dodgy cheap psu, I'd try borrow one from a friend and see if that works? If you can't just buy one you can always send it bsck

Associate
OP
Some tests I've done, undereclocking with Afterburner and playing CoD:BO at full settings

Broken:
0 Core
0 Memory

Broken:
0 Core
-250 Memory

Working:
-250 Core
-250 Memory

Seems to be working:
-250 Core
0 Memory

Temperature in Afterburner can read as low as 35c and it will still reboot under 'broken' conditions.

Yes, there's a little dust in there, but it is very clean.

Associate
You could disable xmp and any memory overclock on the ddr4 to see if it has an impact. Also use nvidia software to limit fps to 60, and so put less strain on the gpu. Both things that you shouldn't have to do, but if they stop the crashes you can highlight that to OCUK under warranty to help them with troubleshooting.

Back
Top Bottom