• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC vs Console, has high GPU prices played a part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Another Sarge classic from another thread...

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/34718032

So 3090s were laughable a while ago but now they are the PCs ultimate weapon against the console peasants.

Well done mate , the guy needs to be called out as he certainly is a delusional troll :rolleyes:

I've said my bit to him in previous post ... classics for me were him banging on about miners and scalpers and gpu degrading after a year, then his next one was oh I've got 2 3090 as I want to play all games in 8k ( I explained to him sli is dead )and oh yeah im doing that on a 850w psu :cry: he then appeared again in a thread about redoing thermal pads on a 3090 and managed to mess his up and then blame people on the forum and say they are wrong and offering bad advice etc when it is him who clearly hasn't got a clue what he is on about and seems to think most people on this forum share his IQ level :confused::cry: clear as day he is a troll :rolleyes:

BTW love my PS5 , awesome console and for its price is hard to beat , yeah my PC plays games at a higher frame rate and at better settings/resolution but it also cost me at least SIX TIMES as much as my PS5 .

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well done mate , the guy needs to be called out as he certainly is a delusional troll :rolleyes:

I've said my bit to him in previous post ... classics for me were him banging on about miners and scalpers and gpu degrading after a year, then his next one was oh I've got 2 3090 as I want to play all games in 8k ( I explained to him sli is dead )and oh yeah im doing that on a 850w psu :cry: he then appeared again in a thread about redoing thermal pads on a 3090 and managed to mess his up and then blame people on the forum and say they are wrong and offering bad advice etc when it is him who clearly hasn't got a clue what he is on about and seems to think most people on this forum share his IQ level :confused::cry: clear as day he is a troll :rolleyes:

BTW love my PS5 , awesome console and for its price is hard to beat , yeah my PC plays games at a higher frame rate and at better settings/resolution but it also cost me at least SIX TIMES as much as my PS5 .

No need to be jealous, emotional and troll me because I have an SLi rigg, just saying it how it is. Just play your PS5, work harder and you can get to that level one day.

I'm staying on topic.
There were also plenty of miner PC users on here who claimed to have recovered their costs using one of their PCs many abilities, so the console cost argument is not as clear as day and night and would be irrelevant to them. I doubt many of them would have bought a console for that said reason of "GPU prices", they would have bought a console because they wanted to do so.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Would you recommend a 3090 sli system over a console?

Nah, I did not say I'd recommend such a ferociously powerfull PC over a console.
I would say it's up to the buyer to make that decision for their use case and what they want to use it for, support for SLi or NVlink is too scarce, so lack of supported games. But some can be done in 8K. But overall, overkill. I'd say just get a single card and build a good PC if you want a PC.

Soldato
This kind of bullying not on. Leave him alone and focus on the topic. Stop trolling. Interested in all the viewpoints.

I understand Sarge might have some kind of attention seeking thing going on so it's not surprising he finally gained some attention.

Let's imagine everything said is true, sarge supposedly has a pc worth in excess of £5000 in the current market. Until this was dragged up there wasn't any mention of sli rigs or the fact he used to think that 3090s were overpriced crap (when he supposedly had a 3080), its relevant here when the topic is about hardware pricing influencing an interest in consoles .

Im interested in viewpoints if they seem genuine.

If someone keeps flip flopping to control the narrative then I'm less interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom