Peer pressure

Associate
The way that girl acted when you'd helped her is shocking!! Is there no way you could transfer to other halls?

I don't live in halls so not too many people know my drinking habits ay uni but I know a lot of people who go out and get wrecked every night and can't remember a thing.

Uni is about having fun but there's no need to go overboard. You may actually pass first year at this rate :D

Soldato
Peer pressure has never bothered me at all, I have never touched drugs, never smoked, and haven't touched a drop in alcohol since I was 14.

Soldato
Peer pressure has never bothered me at all, I have never touched drugs, never smoked, and haven't touched a drop in alcohol since I was 14.

That has nothing to do with peer pressure :confused: Not everyone in the world gets peer pressured into drinking, smoking and doing drugs - some do it because they want to. And in your case don't because you don't want to.

Soldato
There is a huge amount of pressure at University to drink, 'tis why I started. I eventually realised that I didn't want to, and I wasn't going to let anyone make me feel bad for not doing it. If you take this stance, however, you will find yourself quickly isolated.

Unfortunately, University isn't a place where the academically superior people go, it's pretty much just school for older people. Full of immature people who bully, intimidate and pressure others into 'fitting in.'

Man of Honour
Full of immature people who bully, intimidate and pressure others into 'fitting in.'

While it is naturally full of immature people I found that it was full of people who wanted to learn and do well, without even a hint of bullying. Maybe that's dependant on which uni/course you go to/do though.

Edit: You also have much more freedom to choose your company at uni as you are not limited to your class/year like at school and your societies, accommodation, activities and friends are completely your own choosing.

Last edited:
Soldato
That has nothing to do with peer pressure :confused: Not everyone in the world gets peer pressured into drinking, smoking and doing drugs - some do it because they want to. And in your case don't because you don't want to.

Yes but I was under a lot of peer pressure to start.

Associate
I dont get why people cave into peer pressure. If i dont want to do somethin then tough. You wont convince me to do it without good argument.

All the things ive done at uni so far have been of my own volition.

I dont think people realise that your not gonna lose respect or anything from not doing something. Think about the last time you egged someone to do something, has it stuck with you that they did or didnt do it? Not really.

If i dont drink a lot people make a deal out of it at the moment, but its never commented on again after. It certainly dosnt make people think differently of you.

Its your life man, do what you want.

Back
Top Bottom