US: Penny Dreadful.

Soldato
I just finished binge watching all of season 1 (again) and straight on through season 2. Personally I think they absolutely nailed it with season 2, great story telling and some truly epic performances, many of them from Eva Green. Has to be one of the best shows on TV. :)

Soldato
I just finished binge watching all of season 1 (again) and straight on through season 2. Personally I think they absolutely nailed it with season 2, great story telling and some truly epic performances, many of them from Eva Green. Has to be one of the best shows on TV. :)

+1 , blasted thru seasons 1 and 2 , loved it

Man of Honour
They say there is a new literary character coming in the next series, possibly Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde. That could be pretty awesome if done well. I would have loved it if the police guy that pursued Mr Chandler so well last season had been Inspector Lestrade though..would have been a nice nod to another literary character.

Soldato
episode 4 - "A Blade of Grass"

Well that's the best actress emmy sorted - an incredible performance by Eva Green and Rory Kinnear wasn't far behind.

I thought the end of last night's Game of Thrones was intense (R.I.P. Hodor) but this was on another level altogether.

Associate
Yeah up there with my favourite episodes of the entire show, basically the whole hour filmed in a cell too it was intense to say the least!

Associate
apparently it's cancelled or at least isn't being renewed for further seasons which is such a shame as i thought this was a great show.

:(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Absolutely stunned that this has been cancelled, never even got to see Jekyll turn into Hyde (except in name). Loose ends all over the place and it all seemed so set up for The Mummy to return with Sir Lyle , I had also hoped we would see a Van Helsing character too , as we had Dracula and Renfield. Someone really dropped the ball by deciding not to continue the show. It goes in the box of shows that were dropped before their time, along with Deadwood and Firefly

Associate
Van Helsing was killed by John Clare in season one.

I'll miss Penny Dreadful, they could probably have gotten another season out of it, but I suppose not every loose end needs to be tied off.

Soldato
... and so ends one of the best shows on TV.

If the showrunner is telling the truth, it wasn't cancelled, it was always meant to end after three seasons and there was only one way that the show was ever going to finish.

The jury is out as to whether he is telling the truth. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
... and so ends one of the best shows on TV.

If the showrunner is telling the truth, it wasn't cancelled, it was always meant to end after three seasons and there was only one way that the show was ever going to finish.

Considering the way the story has gone over the three seasons, I think it was a very fitting end and it wouldn't have been possible to continue without Vanessa anyway, she was the focal point of the whole show. I'll miss it a great deal as it was my favourite show but at least I am going away satisfied.

Wouldn't say it was that good. There was always something about it that was almost great but never was.

Back
Top Bottom