People complaining about paying for their own care again = massive entitlement

Soldato
You're a little disingenuous with this. You actually said:

The term "boomers" is well known as referring to the baby boomer generation in a derogatory fashion. The content of your post supports this further.

Boomers is literally the short version of baby boomers. You may be thinking of when "OK boomer" is used as a dismissive response to an actual point being made.

I dunno. I think the "ok boomer" meme is perhaps what you're thinking of, being a catch-all term for outdated worked-out-ok-for-me thinking.

'boomer' itself isnt really a derogatory term. No more than 'millenial' as applied to all young people, rather than the correct age group (who are all aged at least 26)

This.

Permabanned
Screenshot-2021-05-02-010249.png

One solution to the way the world is going is just take 50% of Millennials onward and euthanize the ones who are total wasters (say 25%) and the ones left over (the remaining 25%) can be sterilised to prevent them breeding even more idiots and then they do some hard graft like cleaning streets to earn their keep, that leaves 50% of the better ones with some hope of fixing society.

Would also help with the fact we are getting overpopulated, 55m was a nice number now heading to 70m+ in not to distant future.

First thing would be can social media (Twitter/Facebook types some of it good postings but overall getting more dangerous with cancel culture etc).

:D

The Generations - Which Generation are You? (careerplanner.com)

Man of Honour
is just take 50% of Millennials onward and euthanize the ones who are total wasters

How do you even decide that?

Young people in general would eliminate an unfair triple lock on pensions.

Personally I don't begrudge stuff like that - but a younger person today could give up all the luxuries people criticise them for and be maybe a quarter of the way to the same result as my parent's generations, etc. giving up luxuries. For those who have a decent career it is less of an issue, though still many will struggle to see returns commensurate with their position but for those towards the bottom of the ladder it is a different prospect. So at least from the bit of the world I'm exposed to quite a few have simply given up - the ladder their grandparents had to climb for them is a mountain.

Obviously I am gross simplifying the story - some will do better than others, etc.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Obviously it was not 100% seriously but many today are useless/lazy, total stoners, and selfish with little to no manners (walking into old ladies sin the street (usually glued to their phones).

Now I know there has ways been the above but it is getting more so each generation and the crowds of feral teens out each weekends/school hols is getting more and more and the girls are even worse than the boys in many cases.

Soldato
Obviously it was not 100% seriously but many today are useless/lazy, total stoners, and selfish with little to no manners (walking into old ladies sin the street (usually glued to their phones).

Now I know there has ways been the above but it is getting more so each generation and the crowds of feral teens out each weekends/school hols is getting more and more and the girls are even worse than the boys in many cases.
I really don't think this is borne out in reality.

Certainly, my home town has far, far fewer groups of teens hanging about than was the case in my youth in the 90s.

Associate
OP
No they don't.

They pay for the care of people currently being cared for.

The idea that the enormous Boomer generation, the largest voting block in history it seems relevant to mention, who had barely anyone old to pay for during their working lives, who had the greatest social mobility the country has seen, who swallowed up the housing market to deny it to those following.... To now have that vampiric generation looking to once more leech the blood of the young to maintain their advantages.... It's shocking.

**** this government, and the opposition who have now equally abandoned the young.

excellent post!:)

and there's for sure a correlation with these people and the pro-lockdown brigade - I mean the lockdown is actually way pushing up house prices, and the young and poor will have to pay for it all in the years ahead

Soldato
You'll all be old one day.

I bet you change your position, it's called the ignorance of youth.
I really don't think the enlightened position is to allow wealthy retirees to hoard their wealth on the back of younger, poorer people.

We're not calling for poor pensioners to go hungry here, but criticising a policy that sees huge sums awarded to people who have the means to pay already.

Associate
OP
Can we time-capsule this and make the op read it again in 40 years time?

I aint no fan of how the world is for young folks currently, but man that is some next level hatred.
How about you start then by contributing 5K to the regeneration fund for lost employment, business and freedom then.
Are you up for that? Nah, didn't think so..........:rolleyes:

Soldato
Well, wouldn't you be if you'd had your business that had taken 20 yrs to build up, become destroyed by the paranoia (aka 'lockdown, to flatten the curve') and hysteria set in place to 'protect' the most unproductive?

No? I'm in exactly that position too, 18 years of building our business up just to watch it go down the pan over the last year. I'm just not a bitter and twisted person over it like you. **** happens, you've just got stop whining like a little ***** that it's other peoples fault and get on with it.

Soldato

That's just the sign of you getting old ;) every generation from time immemorial thinks the next generation are the laziest, most work shy, downfall of society generation ever. You can even find writings from Ancient Greece complaining about it :p

Though this one from 1771 has always been my favourite example

“Whither are the manly vigour and athletic appearance of our forefathers flown? Can these be their legitimate heirs? Surely, no; a race of effeminate, self-admiring, emaciated fribbles can never have descended in a direct line from the heroes of Potiers and Agincourt...”
Letter in Town and Country magazine republished in Paris Fashion: A Cultural History, 1771

:)

Man of Honour
Well, wouldn't you be if you'd had your business that had taken 20 yrs to build up, become destroyed by the paranoia (aka 'lockdown, to flatten the curve') and hysteria set in place to 'protect' the most unproductive?

Failure to adapt to change is a failure of personal responsibility.

You clearly should have diversified more, rather than demanding the government changes approach because you failed to make appropriate preparations.

Caporegime

You mean effectively manage a pandemic and not write off the lives of hundreds of thousands (even if you deem those lives unworthy)?.

Soldato
Failure to adapt to change is a failure of personal responsibility.

You clearly should have diversified more, rather than demanding the government changes approach because you failed to make appropriate preparations.
To be fair, it's not reasonable to have prepared for a total disaster event like this for many businesses.

A barbershop, for example, couldn't really be blamed for not anticipating or adapting to a world in which nobody was allowed a haircut for months at a time.

I think Outcast's anger at lockdowns is a bit misplaced. We were on the brink of health service collapse at the point of lockdown. We could have had a much, much shorter lockdown had it occurred earlier: I'd be pretty angry at the decision makers on that one.

The same crew who are now looking to make the decision to insulate the inactive wealth of rich old people when the economy really needs stimulating.

Man of Honour
To be fair, it's not reasonable to have prepared for a total disaster event like this for many businesses.

A barbershop, for example, couldn't really be blamed for not anticipating or adapting to a world in which nobody was allowed a haircut for months at a time.

I think Outcast's anger at lockdowns is a bit misplaced. We were on the brink of health service collapse at the point of lockdown. We could have had a much, much shorter lockdown had it occurred earlier: I'd be pretty angry at the decision makers on that one.

The same crew who are now looking to make the decision to insulate the inactive wealth of rich old people when the economy really needs stimulating.

My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but it only shows the same level of empathy as the op shows to others.

The pandemic is an unprecedented situation requiring an unprecedented response, which by and large it has had. The fact that not every single enterprise can survive, even with the unprecedented financial support is sadly inevitable.

The UK hasn't done substantially worse than most other western liberal nations, certainly not that have substantial international business.

Soldato
I dunno. I think the "ok boomer" meme is perhaps what you're thinking of, being a catch-all term for outdated worked-out-ok-for-me thinking.

'boomer' itself isnt really a derogatory term. No more than 'millenial' as applied to all young people, rather than the correct age group (who are all aged at least 26)

Boomers is literally the short version of baby boomers. You may be thinking of when "OK boomer" is used as a dismissive response to an actual point being made.

Fair point to both. Given the content of the comment, I may have picked up on that part wrongly (it was a "dig" at an age group who primarily voted for Brexit) . Perhaps I wasn't the only one?

I'm not a boomer BTW so I didn't take it personally, it was more an observation between yours and L@brats posts

Back
Top Bottom