People that walk their Cat on a lead?

Soldato
I always thought that the whole purpose of a cat was also pest control which you cannot have if they stay indoors all the time.

I am not a fan of cats it was more my wife and daughter choice but I cannot deny the impeccable pest control he performs year in year out.

depends on the pest you want controlled.

spiders for example, could be dealt with by an indoor cat.

although i'll admit mine doesnt, but i think that's because he knows i dont like spiders

Soldato
Our Norweigen Forest cat loves going for walks on his lead.

Basically he is a house cat, but we have a catio built on the back of the property so that he can enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. They're very friendly cats, so will approach strangers for affection. Unfortunately this is when they get stolen.

Our next door neighbour takes her Stoats for walks on leads.

:)

OMG your cat is amazing!!

Soldato
It's weird that people have cats on boats and in flats and never let them outside. Also remove their claws. It just sounds like a cruel and unusual punishment.

Even weirder though is people walking their racoons.

Caporegime
It's weird that people have cats on boats and in flats and never let them outside. Also remove their claws. It just sounds like a cruel and unusual punishment.

Even weirder though is people walking their racoons.
Declawing is quite rightly illegal here and in a number of countries. It's mutilation.

Keeping cats indoors cannot even be compared to that.

Associate
Our cat comes for walks for us but never on a harness. She just follows us on our walks around the local countryside, sometimes for 5 kms or more. She sometimes also sit sin the hallway and waits for us to go outside so that she can go for a walk. She seems to enjoy getting to see different places.

Permabanned
Adin Lang's council had a massive operating deficit of $8.5 million in 2019 to 2020, this is what happens when long haired bearded wonders are listened to, with their ludicrous ideas to squander other's money, including putting cats on leads off your own premises. It's the likes of lunatics like him that need reining in.

Soldato
Weird. And kind of wrong.

Cats should be free-roaming. They shouldn't be confined to a flat or walked on a lead.

Its more of a US thing I think where cats tend to indoors-only and if they are allowed out its on a lead less for for the sake of the wildlife but for their safety because roaming coyotes will take cats and even small dogs if they get a chance

Soldato
I have a Bengal and since she is quite expensive and at risk of being stolen, she was initially only ever allowed outside in our garden while on a lead. Now that she's 8 and knows to stay in the garden and not leave it (she's generally pretty good about this and rarely needs to be found) we don't bother with the lead any more.

We did take her to the local park a couple of times but there were so many unleashed dogs that we found it too stressful.

Caporegime
Australian council to ban cats outside unless they are on a lead.

https://news.sky.com/story/australi...ts-outside-unless-they-are-on-a-lead-12479278

Almost enough to make me want to move there, would be able to take the electric fencing down in the garden.

Declawing is quite rightly illegal here and in a number of countries. It's mutilation.

Keeping cats indoors cannot even be compared to that.

Castration and spaying are also mutilation, it's surgical alteration of the animal for the benefit of the owner, bit hypocritical to condemn one and not the other tbh.

Soldato
Castration and spaying are also mutilation, it's surgical alteration of the animal for the benefit of the owner, bit hypocritical to condemn one and not the other tbh.

desexing actually helps them live longer, statistically and if they're not going to be allowed to breed, having them climb the walls trying to find a mate is stressful for them. declawing affects their ability to walk! it is akin to removing the last bone on every finger.

Caporegime

Strange comparison. Declawing would be like having the tips of your fingers cut off.

Altering has lots of health benefits like not getting feline leukemia or AIDS, certain cancers too and stops shelters becoming overwhelmed with cats which benefits no one.

Back
Top Bottom