Pep Guardiola?

Caporegime
Why on earth would Pep leave Barca for L'Arse?

I don't think he's likely to either, but there are an almost infinite number of possible reasons as to why he might.

Just taking the cities and the awesomeness of the football environment...fine, no contest. But consider fall outs, losing the dressing room, etc.

Soldato
It'd be pretty easy for him to slip into the Arsenal role. Things are pretty similar at Arsenal, besides the disgusting amounts of money Barca spend, as I said earlier, I think he could adjust to less money and use a mix of the youth system as he does at Barca

Associate
Where exactly is the literal quote where Fergie even mentioned Guardiola's name? I searched the Mirror website, the rag that supposedly orginated the story, and I couldn't find head nor hair of the article. One article I did find though, was one propositioning Laurent Blanc as his replacement ahead of Pep et al, which is telling.

The Pep to Arsenal conversation is amusing by the way, you might as well speculate on Johann Cruyff putting back on his boots and joining the Gunners - yeah, he might be approaching organ failure in his timeline but never mind facts when they get in the way of a good fantasy and a supposed meshing of styles.

Back
Top Bottom