petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Soldato
Soldato
wheat/maize and bio-ethanol could be short in supply - we want to eat it - so might have to loose those e5/10 numbers.
[bought some additional rapeseed oil yesterday, but I think it's soft flour rather than pasta you need to stock up on]

Soldato
So what is actually going on with supply now? Can't get diesel anywhere round her and quite a few are out of petrol too. Had to abandon our car earlier and borrow one with fuel in it to get home.

Soldato
So what is actually going on with supply now? Can't get diesel anywhere round her and quite a few are out of petrol too. Had to abandon our car earlier and borrow one with fuel in it to get home.
Dave's mate Chaz on Facebook said that because of Brexit and Russia there was only 3 days worth of oil left so Dave told all his mates to go and fill their already 3/4 full cars to the brim. Karen saw this and "liked" it so all Karen's friends took to Mumsnet to tell everyone to do the same. Sharon was very thankful for the advice as she only had half a tank which would only have lasted her 5 weeks. Sharon phoned up her husband who then filled up his car and work van plus 5 petrol cans....

Seriously though I've had my fill of "OMFG FUEL CRISIS!!". I stopped off on my way to work to fill up as usual when I hit the last marker on the fuel gauge... No fuel. I'll have enough to try again tomorrow morning but will then have to do a tour of the petrol stations through the city until I find some as I won't have enough to make it back home :rolleyes:

Soldato
Dave's mate Chaz on Facebook said that because of Brexit and Russia there was only 3 days worth of oil left so Dave told all his mates to go and fill their already 3/4 full cars to the brim. Karen saw this and "liked" it so all Karen's friends took to Mumsnet to tell everyone to do the same. Sharon was very thankful for the advice as she only had half a tank which would only have lasted her 5 weeks. Sharon phoned up her husband who then filled up his car and work van plus 5 petrol cans....

You need to get off social media.

Soldato
I can’t help but feel it’s all somehow my fault. 3 times in the last six months or so I’ve had to do 400 mile round trips out West. First trip coincided with the start of this thread, second was the weekend after the invasion of Ukraine and subsequent price hikes and the third was this weekend just gone.

You’ll all be pleased to know I have no current plans to head back out that way but I’ll let you all know in advance so you can stock up next time.

Soldato
You need to get off social media.
I think he was parodying the thread ...

So what is actually going on with supply now? Can't get diesel anywhere round her and quite a few are out of petrol too.

climate protrestors - if you believe torygraph ... just need a few locals to get their hands dirty on those extinction rebellion protestors ...
did they all walk there.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...trol-shortages-climate-protesters-blocks-oil/

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I spotted at least two Tesco forecourts that were closed completely the tail end of the week and out of diesel on the weekend.

(South Wales)

Soldato
No issue here in Manchester either.

"those blocking oil depots/refineries have vowed to bring London and the SE to its knees"

pretty sure you're ok up there, you're clearly not important enough to be worth bothering about (or all the protesters are white middle aged middle class professionals who wouldn't be seen dead in a place like Manchester)

Back
Top Bottom