Phal's house of pics

Soldato
OP
A selection of some Red Arrow shots from Airbourne Airshow in Eastbourne

The weather was quite annoying to shoot in, especially for the Red Arrows as they were first. Midday ultrabright sun with low cloud.

I was using a CPL filter in the lens which helped with the haze and sun etc but there's some things you can't work around. I've ended up experimenting a bit with a few shots (the black and white stuff) because some shots were too hazy for normal processing.

Skybound Arrows by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Straight At You Arrows by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Australian Arrow Chasing UK Arrow by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Demon Arrows by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Vertical Demon Arrows by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Dispersing Arrows by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Tightly Packed Arrows by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Descending From The Sky Arrows by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Soldato
OP

Soldato
OP
Lovely pics of the falcons! You did well to catch them so crisply, seeing as they move so damn fast!

Yeah, there were plenty of blurred shots lol :) I was also worrying about hitting people around me with the lens hood which didn't help! I'm 6'5 so I'm about the right height to get someone right in the noggin as I pan around :D

Associate
Yeah, there were plenty of blurred shots lol :) I was also worrying about hitting people around me with the lens hood which didn't help! I'm 6'5 so I'm about the right height to get someone right in the noggin as I pan around :D

What sort of shutter speed etc were you using to catch the falcons?

Soldato
OP
What sort of shutter speed etc were you using to catch the falcons?

A few of the Owl shots and the Saker Falcon shots were at 1/1000 F4 but the other shots plus some others I haven't uploaded yet were 1/1250 F4.

A bit more light might have been nice for slightly faster shutter speeds since I was already having to use highish ISOs (the bird shots varied between 800-2000). The large ISO range was probably due to using auto ISO in a lot of the cases but the light was changing a lot so it was difficult to choose a fixed ISO

Associate
Gotta love the Kestrel's, such lovely birds.

Not very often you see people flying birds on creance's in public shows mind, but certainly a good experience for the young birds.

Soldato
OP
Gotta love the Kestrel's, such lovely birds.

Not very often you see people flying birds on creance's in public shows mind, but certainly a good experience for the young birds.

Yeah the guy in charge explained that this was still a young bird who was learning and this was the reason for the tether.

It was these guys doing the display - http://www.sussexfalconry.co.uk/

I like Kestrels since I get to see them a lot around here! I've had a few good shots of some over the years :)

Soldato
OP
Last of the bird pics finally! There's more on the Flickr feed but here's the highlights :)

The landings always look cool when you've got pointy toes like that

Grippy Toes by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Here we had a demonstration of some horseback Falconry. The horse seems a bit wary of the flappy things with the sharp claws!

Bird v Horse 2 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

She made him/her wait a bit before landing :D

Eye Contact by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom