Phal's house of pics

Soldato
OP
What a beauty, I on the other hand was still asleep! Lovely colours, love the usage of DOF in the second shot too.

Yeah it was a nice flat lump of marble which was still wet from the receding tide. I got a few more shots where I re-arranged all those pebbles but haven't sorted it yet.

Got some nice shots of a friendly Kestrel too :D

Soldato
OP
Some of the Kestrel shots I got on new years morning. Light was still quite low so I was using 1/250 handheld (kinda). This was taken in a car park near the beach and near a lagoon where the Kestrel hunts so I was able to use my car roof as a rest for my elbow hehe.

Tilted by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Some different PP just for variety

Twisty by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Hovering by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

I saw him/her land on top of a little hut so I drive over there and parked up about 6-8 meters away. It's fairly human tolerant due to where it lives so it sat up there for a while :)

Fluffing itself up a bit

before
Shaking Thos Tailfeathers by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

after
Fluffeh by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Waiting for a fist bump that will never come
Fist Bump by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Disappointed at the lack of a fist bump

Staring by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Associate
Saw the wind was coming up so I checked the weather and made sure it was a bit better than yesterday before heading down to the beach. Plenty of kite surfers!

Rattled off more shots than I though I would since I managed to fill one 32GB card up but this stood out when I was checking through later.

Triumphant Fist Shaking by Phal44, on Flickr

I really like this photo :)

Soldato
OP
Few shots from a local Bluebell Walk that gets done every year :)

The weather wasn't great and sunlight came and went pretty quick so it wasn't ideal for any wide angle shots. I got a few close ups that I liked with longer lenses though! Got a few looks and comments for using my 200-400 for a quick landscape shot lol

Album - https://www.flickr.com/photos/phal44/albums/72157665209489933

Wild Stump In Natural Habitat by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Exploding Stump by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Big Bleu by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Monster Dinosaur Stump 1 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
All my BWC shots (new and old) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/phal44/albums/72157642173196024

A recent visit to the British Wildlife Centre! The Herons are busy around there too which is nice and there was a surprise visit from some Kites.

Baby Muntjac Deer was sleeping for most of the day but he did at least get up right at the end of the day just before the centre closed

Sleepy Baby by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

The Wildcats are always a struggle for me since they're quick and I don't really have an ideal lens for these. I either choose between my 100mm F2.8L macro which is slow or my 200-400 which is too long! Got a few that were worth keeping

Playing 'Chase the foo' by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

The Heron chicks were noisy as hell for a while and this was why... Dinner time!

Heron Mealtime 8 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

The Pine Martens are also something I've never really got a decent shot of before but this time I managed to get a few keepers :)

Hello Mr Marten by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

One of the two Red Kites that made an appearance. It seems they know that the Herons get some food scraps thrown their way and turned up for some of that

Red Kite Sightseeing 2 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

This was the little guy/girl waking up from a long nap at the end of the day

Awww by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Caught this just before getting in the car

Probably tring to dry his toes by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
Finally got some shots of the Seal in Eastbourne harbour. It was just before sunset and it was just casually hanging about. It decided to come take a closer look at a few of us by the side of the water and then headed back out to the middle of the outer harbour where it likes to sit at low tide.

Took this shot from the 5th floor of an apartment block in the Marina. It was handheld and using an additional 1.4x TC (784mm total) but I did cheat and lean up against the doorframe to the balcony and rest the lens against the open door lol

Swimmy Seal by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Looks happy! Either that or sleepy...

Happy Floaty Seal by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

At this stage I'd come down by the side of the water to get a bit closer. It headed over near the lock gates so I followed

Seal Going Right by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Here it is just checking out the spectators

Seal Profile by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

I've been spotted!

Seal Eyes by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

More eye contact

Seal Stare by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

It kinda sat there for a while bobbing around and checking people out. After a few more people showed up it just kinda sank down and submerged before swimming away to a more comfortable distance

Seal Bobbing by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Bye Mr/Mrs Seal

Seal Going Left by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
First shot I've bothered processing from Airbourne (Eastbourne Airshow). Weather was nice but sky was pretty hazy which didn't help. I had my CPL filter throughout the show which helped but there's only so much it can do!

Red Arrows were the opening act at 1230 so the sun was doing it's best to make everything look washed out!

Low Arrow by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
Another low flyer which was pretty much the reason for me going :) I've been to Eastbourne a few times but managed to find myself a new perch this year.

I'm pretty sure they've changed the rules for airshows this year? Think the display area was further out than it has been in the past and the jet displays seemed tame :/

At least the prop planes got down a bit :)

Bristol Blenheim by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom