Phal's house of pics

Soldato
OP
[Death];27742767 said:
amazing pictures, capture him perfectly!

This was a shot of the same bird (I assume) earlier in the week after work. It was close to sunset and I saw him go down after something so I wanted to investigate but the sun was low and almost in the shot which made it impossible to get much other than a silhouette!

I took this shot and then started to try to get a bit closer but there was only one route which took me almost straight towards him so he flew off.

Kestrel Dinner Silhouette by Phal44, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
For some reason I quite like doing portrait landscapes! Just focusing on the water here so the scenery is quite soft :) Then again I've shot this direction plenty on the beach so it doesn't really matter lol

Upright Stream by Phal44, on Flickr

A slightly more landscapy version and shot at F1.8 but wider at 18mm which kept the stuff in the distance at about the same softness

Beach River by Phal44, on Flickr

Slightly different foreground as the sun disappears

Stony by Phal44, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
My first ever not great shots of a Stoat (I think!). They're not great since he/she is too far and the light was rather dim (last shot was at 1806) etc after work but it's still quite cool to see one! Let alone two :) I think I even saw a glimpse of a 3rd

All handheld shots with my 200-400mm with 1.4x tc engaged so 560mm on my 7d2. I say handheld... I was sat down and using my knee as a support :)

Sneaky Stoat by Phal44, on Flickr

Second one I saw later

Eye contact Stoat by Phal44, on Flickr

Perky Stoat by Phal44, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
Finally got some better shots of these stupid Buzzards which never come close enough! Well I'd had my doubts when I was taking the pictures and when I got home I saw it wasn't... Damn you Buzzards!

Anyway, here is what might be (I suck at ID'ing birds) a Juvenile Red Kite

Whilst I was tracking it, it did a weird thing in the air where I thought it might swoop down onto something and then didn't

Buzzard Red Kite by Phal44, on Flickr

The was the first decent shot

Wings Up Red Kite by Phal44, on Flickr

Then it flew away a little and came back over me a few times whilst it spiralled upwards

Wonky Tail Red Kite by Phal44, on Flickr

Eyes Down Red Kite by Phal44, on Flickr

Buzzing Red Kite by Phal44, on Flickr

Stary Red Kite by Phal44, on Flickr

Flyover Red Kite 3 by Phal44, on Flickr

Flyover Red Kite 1 by Phal44, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
I don't normally bother with Robins but this guy almost insisted I take his picture! Came and sat on a fence about 1m away from me. I had to back up a little to get the picture lol :)

Then went looking for butterflies! The 200-400mm lens with a 25mm tube on is quite good for those since I don't have to get too close but it's a little hefty! Good exercise I guess

Friendly Robin Closeup by Phal44, on Flickr

Robin by Phal44, on Flickr

One Of Those Butterfly Things by Phal44, on Flickr

Bee Bokeh by Phal44, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
A first for me! I've been in this country since 89 and this is the first wild snake I've seen. Ironically I saw part of one earlier on the same day before it disappeared under some branches but this guy/girl was out for a swim so it was much easier to see!

No idea what type it is lol

We had heard some rustling in the reeds but assuming it was a little bird hiding or something and then it swam out where we could see it so I jumped up and got my camera since we'd been sitting down having a drink

Wet Snake by Phal44, on Flickr

Slurpy Snake by Phal44, on Flickr

Swimmy Snake by Phal44, on Flickr

I managed to get those shots and then I got ahead of it along the side of the pond it was swimming in. It was quite hard to get the shots in focus since the AF was struggling a bit with the small head and reflective surface. Luckily this one got locked on fairly well! Not long after that it disappeared back into the reeds :(

It's coming for meeeeeee by Phal44, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom