** PHANTEKS EVOLV ATX GLASS - MAKING A GREAT CASE EVEN BETTER **

Associate
very nice when i get this case i would like to do something like that as i wouldnt like the look of seeing all the wires at the back.

how did you do it?

Thanks. It was quite straight forwards really:

1. Cut (or order pre-cut) a piece of 1mm polystyrene / plasticard 440mm x 470mm
2. Mark out holes on sheet in alignment with the glass panel
3. Use a 12mm spade bit to drill 4 holes
4. Apply any artwork (I ordered and used metal based ROG stickers)
5. Dust / clean thoroughly
6. Line up polystyrene sheet and stick in place with black eletrical tape

Soldato
Thanks. It was quite straight forwards really:

1. Cut (or order pre-cut) a piece of 1mm polystyrene / plasticard 440mm x 470mm
2. Mark out holes on sheet in alignment with the glass panel
3. Use a 12mm spade bit to drill 4 holes
4. Apply any artwork (I ordered and used metal based ROG stickers)
5. Dust / clean thoroughly
6. Line up polystyrene sheet and stick in place with black eletrical tape

Can you do me a favour and let me know what kind of radiator thickness you think will fit in the top - I know its on some pull out mount but wondering if its a slim only or not?

Presume without drive bays the front will hold a really thick rad but again any measurements or guidance would be great - i'm currently waiting on a few 1080s to add to my loop and my case is pretty small with 2 x 360mm slim rads so thinking about improving the cooling using this case (I don't want a giant case...).

Associate
Can you do me a favour and let me know what kind of radiator thickness you think will fit in the top - I know its on some pull out mount but wondering if its a slim only or not?

Presume without drive bays the front will hold a really thick rad but again any measurements or guidance would be great - i'm currently waiting on a few 1080s to add to my loop and my case is pretty small with 2 x 360mm slim rads so thinking about improving the cooling using this case (I don't want a giant case...).

The front you will be able to get whatever you want in (I've got a thick Rad in Push/Pull on the front).

I would think that you would be looking at a slim rad only on top due to ram placement on the mobo.

Associate
Mine has just arrived today and it looks gorgeous.....just one thing though, on the top panel there is a small scuff mark in the finish. It is not huge but it is annoying the hell out of the OCD in me. Would you swap it if this was on yours on arrival?

Associate
Well if you're going to have the case on display then seeing that every time you look at it will p**s you off.

It's not like it's a £39.99 budget case after all.

Since my last post I have got even more frustrated and purchased a second one (to arrive Friday) and I will RMA this one tomorrow for a refund.
Like you say, it is going on my desk to show off and the scuff mark will just make me resent it.

Associate
Since my last post I have got even more frustrated and purchased a second one (to arrive Friday) and I will RMA this one tomorrow for a refund.
Like you say, it is going on my desk to show off and the scuff mark will just make me resent it.

If it's not too late and you don't mind to receive a replacement top panel, let me know. I'll arrange one for you. It saves the hassle to RMA the case. Just send me an email at [email protected] with your shipping details.

Associate
Not a huge fan of this. The innards look too exposed especially around the edge and I'd prefer software control over the LED hub, so I just went for the original instead.

Soldato
It is a bit unfortunate the glass side panel is more of an afterthought jumping on the bandwagon. Lian Li are leading the way in how to make tempered glass look great at the moment, albeit at a crazy price.

Associate
Just got the Phanteks led strip for this case, but I'm having a problem with the colours, as it won't show all the colours. I get green's blues and white's, no red's or purple's. The lights on the power button will show red or purple. So either the led strip is bust or maybe the controller on the case?

Associate
Just got the Phanteks led strip for this case, but I'm having a problem with the colours, as it won't show all the colours. I get green's blues and white's, no red's or purple's. The lights on the power button will show red or purple. So either the led strip is bust or maybe the controller on the case?

Both mine show the full spectrum and display modes (solid, pulse, cycle etc). Do you get these three modes of display?

Phanteks_Care are usually pretty good at responding, so they may have a better suggestion.

Alternatively, if you were thinking of going wiht two strips for each side, you could get the other one and see if it operates the same. Appreciate that you may not want to shell out further just yet though!

Associate
Yeah I have this same problem. I can cycle through all the colours but then if I just want white, after a few seconds it decides it doesn't wanna be that colour (as if it resets the colour) then I can only cycle through half the colours even though the LED on the front & power button still show the full range.

I did make a post about it a while ago but never really got it resolved.

Last edited:
Associate
I only get the full colour spectrum when the led strip is not connected. As soon as I connected the strip the colours on the case don't match the colour of the led strip. I also get two to three shades of the same colour. No red at all so no purple as well. The different cycles work as in the pulses of colour. Hopefully a phanteks rep can give a bit of advise on it.

Back
Top Bottom