*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Associate
I have put 3x NF-S12A 120mm fans in the front (have 280mm rad in the top) but I'm not sure it has made any difference really. Seems about the same as with the stock 140mm fans. I think maybe I picked the wrong fans and should have put in some with better static pressure ..

The front panel is slightly set forward with motherboard mounts under the brackets as well.

Associate
That Evolv X looks really nice, definitely a nice update over original TG version and I really love that update to hide all the cables, so much cleaner.

Only had the TG Flow Edition from here for a few weeks so no way am I changing again at the moment, airflow on this honeycomb version is great on air with no cooling issues at all, looks nicer in person than in photos :)

Will eventually change to an AIO as this D14 hides so much of the board. Tempted to change the PSU cables for cable mod ones eventually as well. Very happy with this case though and it big upgrade over the X3 Predator white, cooling was great on that case but was about 5yrs old and the design was looking tacky these days.

Reason why there is a HDD on show as there is two more in the bottom rear, so the third had to go on display :)

gtJ5hfg.jpg

E7qzQnl.jpg

gjq8lJg.jpg

Associate
I'm not convinced by the front or top panels in the new X! (I guess wait for reviews) I still think the Flow Edition might be the one to go for from an airflow perspective (especially if top mounting a radiator)

Soldato
Well, as an Airflow owner who plans to get the X, I wonder how the front panel differs. Mine has an LED at the bottom which I don’t think the X has (not a biggie) but I have a feeling the panel on the X is thinner on the sides. Time will tell!

Associate
Not a great pic, but I've also had my top cut like UTTER_FILTH and quite pleased with the result. The mesh I sourced from eBay and with a bit of black spray paint is a match to the mesh used on other vented areas in the top panel.

cT4EAoZl.jpg

Sent you a trust message but not sure you received it...

What was the description of the mesh you bought?? , struggling to find the correct style of mesh.

Associate
Decided to hold out for the Evolv X, rather than go for the glass or flow edition. Do cases normally go up for pre-order? Keen to get in on the first batch

Man of Honour
I've just ordered the gunmetal Evolve as it was on offer and I couldn't justify the additional cost of the X. But after ordering I've just realised the glass version has glass on both sides. Normally I prefer understated cases with no windows at all so glass on both sides will be quite a shock for me.

Has anyone got any suggestions for subtle lighting? or even something to line the inside glass with instead of major blingtastic lights? I'm not a massive light freak.

Pleasantly shocked OcUK managed to ship it within an hour of ordering. Quite impressive.

Back
Top Bottom