Associate
@ChugNorris and the other OC staff.

Thanks.

It's stuff like monitoring this forum that make the difference. I just rang up and switched over to Saturday as well. With any other shop we'd have been lucky to even be told a proper date, never mind updates about when they arrived into the country!

Really appreciated!!

Mark.

[edited because I can't read my own posts for typos until after I've posted them]

Soldato
Typical I won't be able to build my rig tomorrow now as I got the man flu real bad off my grandson,the wife just laughed but I said there is no such thing as woman flu :)

I can empathise, tying this in bed now feeling like ****! My 1900X is at the Post Office too. No rush though as I haven't the other parts I need yet.

As an aside, anyone building a TR machine into the Evolv X?

Associate
I wonder if these did actually arrive today or are still coming today? it was suggested that it wasn't set in stone and now we all have specific Saturday deliveries written all over our order numbers, we may not actually get it until next saturday if not! lmao.... let the breakdown begin!

OcUK Staff
PLEASE DON'T HATE ME.

The envitable has happened. TLDR, the container was moved off quay into the rail terminal at some point overnight, meaning it couldn't be collected for delivery this afternoon as planned. This is 100% our forwarders fault and has resulted in some very stern words and ultimately a business decision to look elsewhere for our future freight requirements. They have promised a delivery on Monday 17th at 10am, but honestly, I don't want to guarantee you that it'll be the case, because I have lost all trust in their ability to deliver on what they've promised. I am really sorry about this, and I'm completely gutted that people will not be getting their Evolv X as planned.

I am actually on holiday after today for two weeks, but I'll have a look on my emails before I fly on Monday to make sure the container has arrived and try and update you. If it's any consolation, the case is worth the wait, I can at least promise you that. Both Sam in sales and others are aware of the situation and will monitor it in my absence. If you've upgraded to Saturday delivery, you should be receiving an email to confirm we'll move you back to next day delivery to avoid any further delays. Hopefully they'll be a happy conclusion to this saga on Monday!

Associate
I'm super glad I found this thread - Have been bugging staff over the phone since the start of the week, didn't realise the forum would be this active. On top of that, the customer engagement to the extent of sharing tracking details for the stock shipping container and then to round it off having my delivery upgraded to Saturday... At this point, even if it tomorrow doesn't manage to happen, props to you guys for the amazing service!!

I can empathise, tying this in bed now feeling like ****! My 1900X is at the Post Office too. No rush though as I haven't the other parts I need yet.

As an aside, anyone building a TR machine into the Evolv X?

Sorry to hear that guys - On the other hand, the missus is away and I've all my new parts waiting so this could look like the best weekend ever :D after 4 months of a dead PC :mad:

Update: Literally seconds apart xD Thanks @ChugNorris for the update, good things come to those who wait

Associate
Sounds like theres no holding our breath for Monday either then really (given that we've been let down at every other possible hurdle).

Crazy that this had a release date of the end of last month and we are now approaching the second half of the following month and still nobody has their hands on it. At this rate my components will be obsolete before they even see a case and i will most likely need to swap my preorder for the evolv x 2.0, given that 'you cant stop evolution' and all that lol.

Disappointment and ranting like a Kid with parents postponing xmas aside, I can see that it's nobodies fault at OCUK and they are doing absolutely everything they can to get it to us ASAP, I did have a gut feeling it wasnt going to be today when there was a 'nothing is set in stone' comment on the back of the last let down (that again wasnt ocuk's fault and i'm not blaming anyone). I do appreciate knowing where we stand and getting all these updates though, i realise not many (if any) companies would keep their customers in the loop like this but i would be lying if i said i wasnt a bit gutted that it is now at least another 3-4 days away (Monday sent and Tuesday delivered at best) before i can start/use my build :(

I guess i just need to be a bit more prepared in terms of feeling less gutted come monday if anything negative does happen.

OcUK Staff
Sounds like theres no holding our breath for Monday either then really (given that we've been let down at every other possible hurdle).

Crazy that this had a release date of the end of last month and we are now approaching the second half of the following month and still nobody has their hands on it. At this rate my components will be obsolete before they even see a case and i will most likely need to swap my preorder for the evolv x 2.0, given that 'you cant stop evolution' and all that lol.

Disappointment and ranting like a Kid with parents postponing xmas aside, I can see that it's nobodies fault at OCUK and they are doing absolutely everything they can to get it to us ASAP, I did have a gut feeling it wasnt going to be today when there was a 'nothing is set in stone' comment on the back of the last let down (that again wasnt ocuk's fault and i'm not blaming anyone). I do appreciate knowing where we stand and getting all these updates though, i realise not many (if any) companies would keep their customers in the loop like this but i would be lying if i said i wasnt a bit gutted that it is now at least another 3-4 days away (Monday sent and Tuesday delivered at best) before i can start/use my build :(

I guess i just need to be a bit more prepared in terms of feeling less gutted come monday if anything negative does happen.

I'd like to think that considering the mess that the forwarder has created, they will put a high priority on getting the container to us on Monday. I have a feeling it will come as expected, but I don't want to jinx it!

Associate
I'd like to think that considering the mess that the forwarder has created, they will put a high priority on getting the container to us on Monday. I have a feeling it will come as expected, but I don't want to jinx it!
Don't Worry Chug, i'm just throwing my toys out the pram as i was excited to get hold of it (a couple of times pmsl).

I know you've done all you can, i honestly do appreciate the updates, at least we know what's what and where we stand.

Once we have it, everything will be forgotten and we will be in builders heaven, just enjoy your holiday mate, you deserve it for putting up with all us lot lol ;)

Soldato
I sent a Web note just to make sure and I've got the refund on way.
I would like to thank chug and the other ocuk staff that have kept us up to date on this thread,this and EVGA are the only place's I've seen this level of support for its customers.

Associate
Hello! I was wondering if anyone know when I would receive an Evolv X if I ordered it today? I have been oohing and aahring as to whether to order one and I'm back to Uni next weekend and would really like to complete my build before then!!

Back
Top Bottom