Associate
Firstly I’d like to say that hardline looks amazing and the bends unbelievable!

A couple of other questions if you could please help?

1. Is that a Barrow/Bykski in-line Temperature Sensor?
  2. Are those Halos Lux fan frames? If so, did you go for the Digital RGB or standard RGB?
  3. How did you mount the pump?
  4. Which motherboard do you have, is that a full monoblock?
  5. Do you eyeball it or do you use a bending kit?
Otherwise an amazing look!

Hi, so sorry, I didn't see you questions.

1. Yes.
2. They are Halos, the standard RGB items but I'm just about to replace with the lux digitals instead and run them form the case lighting.
3. I made a bracket form sheet ally.
4. An Asus Z370f with full EK monoblock.
5. I have monsoon mandrels to assist with some parts but others I did without. I used 16mm OD tubing and its a git to tight bends with.

Soldato
Your ok if you get the lux digital rgb ones they will work with the case rgbs,like the look of them myself but I'm not so sure.

When I buy the phantek r220 res I'll be using the bottom port for a drain with a 90 degree with the valve on it.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just installed the lux halos and they look excellent. I also added RGB ram heat spreaders (yes tacky things form amazon) that are addressable and they too work with the case lighting excellently. The case lighting control is preferable to the Asus Aura I previously had running it all but I've left the water blocks and reservoir lighting connected to the mobo as they are straight 12v RGB.

Soldato
Got my Evolve X yesterday from overclockers its a lovely quality case:)

r28dg2.jpg

Associate
Got my Evolve X yesterday from overclockers its a lovely quality case:)

r28dg2.jpg
Nice rig - I was thinking about this case for an cpu aio and air cooled gpu build. Reading elsewhere that the case might be a bit ott if not putting custom loop in what do you reckon?

Soldato
Nice rig - I was thinking about this case for an cpu aio and air cooled gpu build. Reading elsewhere that the case might be a bit ott if not putting custom loop in what do you reckon?

No way mate its not over the top at all go for it ;) its perfectly fine for Air cooling.

Oh btw just a reminder there is no ssd mounting bracket provided which i find silly but yet they provide 4x HDD brackets, why not 2 ssd and 2 HDD brackets.

Soldato
I bought the ssd caddy as i had my ssd in the lower flap and didnt like that if i had to take the cover off i would have to take the ssd conecters off,and it still looks tidy as the cover hides most of the ssd cables.

Associate
I would probably take the plunge for this case if there was the possibility to put in an ITX system on top of the PSU Shroud rather than the top of the case. Shame there's not many options for dual systems available. There's plenty of cases with the room, its surely just a mount that is needed.

Associate
No way mate its not over the top at all go for it ;) its perfectly fine for Air cooling
Okay thanks think I'm sold. ;)

Just wondering about going vertical with the gpu. I have a couple of usb pci cards for the rift and other gumph. Did you try the bracket ? How much gap is there underneath?

Soldato
Associate
Im probably going to order this on the weekend or sometime next week, getting annoyed by my current case because everytime i open the window the plastic on it keeps expanding or something and making tic toc noises

Associate
Currently in the middle of a build so still not finished this is how far I got so far. Two things I have noticed so far that fan hub is total troll. I must have plugged it into every fan header on teh motherboard but can't it working I give up and installed a commander pro instead.

Is the metal on this thinner than previous phanteks cases. I have the original Evolv ATX and Shift X and the mounting frame for the fans seem much thinner. And the top mount for radiator or fans seem thinner or it could just be me. This is a £200 case with a £20 frame...

C8tlQr.jpg

Associate
Case ordered- now looking at putting custom loop in. Currently eyeing up the ekwb p360 kit. Anyone had any experience of this radiator in the evolv x. Reading it may be a bit of a squeeze to add it in at the top with fans too.

Back
Top Bottom